View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch'sfirstmate

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Penny Bridge
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Penny Bridge's Maiden Voyage! Reply with quote

Hello Brats! Well this is my first post on here, so just want to introduce myself a little bit. I'm Heather, Harald's (ORDutch75) wife. I know you've all heard quite a lot from my hubby about our new 23 Venture...and have been anxiously awaiting details. So I told Harald yesterday the I get to post about our maiden voyage! Surprised

On Friday we picked her up from SeaSport... man, those guys are TOP NOTCH. I know it's a holiday weekend and I so appreciate that they still put in full time hours to make sure we had the boat ready to go for the long weekend. Ryan is such a professional, I just have to say that. All the guys at that shop are amazing and I thank them so much! We took her down to the Willamette for a quick little test and then we trailered her up back home for the night.

The following morning, Saturday, we go ready to go for a day trip. We wanted to make our way out to Astoria and back (that was probably pretty ambitious for the first time out), but we figured we'd just take our time and give Harald the chance to really break that beautiful engine in. I just have to say, THIS BOAT IS AMAZING! I've never had such an easy and stress-free launch. We launched her at Chinook Landing, which was the busiest I've ever seen any boat launch in my life. To be honest, I was a little worried with all the traffic, dogs, kids... but we were well-prepared and told ourselves that no matter what, we weren't rushing ourselves and we were just going to take it easy. Luckily we have our friend Steve visiting this weekend, so we also had an extra hand. Harald backed her down the ramp, the Jeep handled great, we swept her off the trailer and soon we were off. If this had been the Sea-Ray, it would've been a lot harder to maneuver between the docks and douche-boats.

We spent the day just cruising around the Columbia, then down through the willamette channel (Sauvie Island) and then back around. We didn't quite make it to Astoria, but we docked up at a public dock at St. Helens for a quick lunch break. We saw another C-dory there, the C-Esta, not sure if they're on this forum. But it was cool seeing another one out there on the water! Every Tom Dick and Harry decided to boat this weekend. I think it was the above 90 degree heat in Portland...being on the water is the only reprieve. Even on the water it was a bit hot.

Eventually we made our way back to Chinook Landing just as it was getting dark. Thankfully it was a smooth loading with no issues. Have I said how great this boat is yet?? What a beautiful day to be on the water and what a beautiful boat! We're so excited to take her out on some weekend trips and really break it in. Harald left this morning with Steve to do the Lower Olympic Peninsula and South Sound and they plan on sleeping over. I decided to stay home and let them have some boy's fun. Cool I'm sure he'll post some pics when he gets back.

I've posted pics of our maiden voyage in my profile... if I can figure out how to do that. Wink Cheers!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heather, Congratulations and welcome to the best site on the internet. Glad your first trip out went so smooth. That has to go to planning and experience along with a great boat.
As to the pictures, You need to ask the admin guys (DaNag or Tyboo) for a photo album. That is often the boat name so if you want separate photo albums you might want to add "/A or /B" after your albums, coordinating with Harald so you can each have separate albums if you want.

Contact Admin by going to the "Memberlist" in the bar just below the C-BRATS logo, and pick number 2 (Tyboo) or 3 (DaNag) and send them a PM letting them know what you want. They are pretty good about responding within a day or so. Holiday weekend might be a bit more.

Enjoy the time on the boat and stay safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I've never seen a husband and wife with different C Brat profiles before. I like it!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

We were up at Sportcraft on Friday, early afternoon. They seemed pretty busy so we dropped off the boat and left. So sorry we didn't see you guys! Maybe your delivery was why they were so busy.

When you do make it to Astoria, let me know and maybe we can meet up. It is a little bit shorter cruise for me.

I will be watching for the pics.

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Heather nice write-up and first post! I like your style, you'll fit right in here...lots of "DBs" out here in the the San Juans as well, but that's to be expected on hot holiday weekends Razz

Congrats on the new boat and for braving the maiden voyage on one of the busiest weekends of the year!

-Mike

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Welcome Heather nice write-up and first post! I like your style, you'll fit right in here...lots of "DBs" out here in the the San Juans as well, but that's to be expected on hot holiday weekends Razz

Congrats on the new boat and for braving the maiden voyage on one of the busiest weekends of the year!

-Mike

Oh, glad to see that "DB's" are not exclusive to Massachusetts! Plenty of them over here too. Lol
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather,

Welcome! Your post reminds me of our maiden voyage 8 years ago! My wife had similar thoughts of how great our then 22 cruiser was. She wasn't too much of a boater of until then, but now it is her "Happy Place."
Glad you're enjoying one of the best, if not the best, boats out there.
Wait until you come to a gathering and cruise for a few days, then you'll really be hooked!

Patrick

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Dutch'sfirstmate

Vessel Name: Penny Bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
Congratulations!

We were up at Sportcraft on Friday, early afternoon. They seemed pretty busy so we dropped off the boat and left. So sorry we didn't see you guys! Maybe your delivery was why they were so busy.

When you do make it to Astoria, let me know and maybe we can meet up. It is a little bit shorter cruise for me.

I will be watching for the pics.

Hey thanks for helping me set up the album!
We saw Tyboo there at Sport Craft! Ryan and the guys were working very hard to get ours up and running. Harald is not a patient man, ya'll should just know that. Wink

Thanks all for the well wishes. I'm going to try and post some pics in the album.

Cheers,
Heather
Ordutch1975

Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad my wife is excited Smile. The boat ran flawlessly. There are a couple items that need attention but they are very minor. Our trip to the south sound was wonderful. I will post some pics in the morning, just washed the boat down and desalinated her. Ready for some sleep!
"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your first trip report, Heather and Harald. I'm happy you're both so delighted with your new family member. I feel the same way about mine!
Ordutch1975

Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here are the picture I have - Heather has many more I am sure she will soon upload. http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Maiden-Voyage&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harald & Heather,

Super Congrats!!!

Amy, Teddi (9 year old chocolate labradoodle) I spotted you (Harald/Friend) as you headed North on I-5 to Olympia. We had pulled out of Anacortes Sunday morning after being in the San Juans for 9 wonderful days. If you saw a blue 23 with 2 blue kayaks on the roof going South then you spotted us too!

Look forward to connecting up with you both soon either around the Portland area or at a C-Dory gathering.

Kind Regards,

John CoolSmile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: