The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New to C-Dory's-Anyone willing to show theirs? Seattle area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJSponge

City/Region: DuPont
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: New to C-Dory's-Anyone willing to show theirs? Seattle area Reply with quote

Greetings all!

My wife and I are working plans to get on the water more often, and I'm very keen on the C-Dory. I've seen a few around the Sound, and they look perfect for what we want in a boat at this point in our life. I'm hoping there is a generous soul out there that would be willing to show off their boat to us, maybe even a day cruise...we've never spent time on a boat beyond some day cruising, and our 15' aluminum fishing boat. However, my wife spent a tour in the Navy on a Sub Tender, and we both love the water. We are in the Tacoma area, but would travel within a few hours to meet up.

A little about us:

Our kids are 17/15, oldest is off to WSU in the fall. Youngest is a Junior next year. My wife is an RN, and I am a career Air Force Officer. We are looking to spend the next 7-9 years on a C-Dory or similar on weekends/vacation, then possibly go full-time after that.

Thanks, hope to get someone interested! If you take us on a cruise, I'd happily pay for dinner/fuel as well as libations if that is your penchant.

Warm regards,
Doug and Jaime
Brewkid

City/Region: Whidbey Is
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCALLYWAG
Photos: Scallywag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, I'll shoot you a PM with my contacts, give me a call and we'll work something out.

John
Scallywag
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, we live east of Everett. Own a 25. We do a fair amount of boating in the summer, out of Evertt. I'll shoot you a pm.
DJSponge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brewkid wrote:
Doug, I'll shoot you a PM with my contacts, give me a call and we'll work something out.

John
Scallywag

John, sent you an email, thanks!
DJSponge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:
Doug, we live east of Everett. Own a 25. We do a fair amount of boating in the summer, out of Evertt. I'll shoot you a pm.

PM replied, thanks!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to C-BRATs, and as you have probably already noticed, it's a pretty great group. I live on the other side (of the water), Sequim, and would be glad to share a ride sometime. I would recommend that you try both the 22 and the 25 versions. They are different boats and how you are planning on using it might make a difference in which way to go. 4 adults on a 22 for overnight trips might be more cozy than is comfortable, especially if the family includes a big canine, no matter how lovable. The 26 might be more the right size there. A 22 will fit a couple easily for days to weeks of overnighting.

Best in your search. Study out the decision, as it can be a long lasting one.

PM sent.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: