The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Wefings NO longer C-dory dealer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazygundealer

City/Region: DFW
State or Province: TX
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Wefings NO longer C-dory dealer Reply with quote

Re: Wefing's Marine: cdory 22 angler?
Marc Grove [marc@wefings.com]

Sent: 9:03 am
To: kenny frazier
Kenny , I cant speak to cost at this point . C Dory found someone to replace me and place a slightly bigger order . After all the years I supported and sold their product . The pricing is insane these days [why we didn't , and the new guy wont sell many] I am thinking based on 2017 pricing you would be looking at 80k when all is said and done . Id be looking for a used one personally...........
Marc

crazygundealer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: new c-dory Reply with quote

C-Dory 22' Angler
sales@threeriversmarineinc.com [sales@threeriversmarineinc.com]

Sent: 10:37 am
To: kenny@crazygundealer.com
Hello Kenny,

Mike Shotwell with Three Rivers Marine in Crystal River, Florida here responding to your recent C-Brats post.

We were a C-Dory Dealer from 1995 to 2005 and a Cape Cruiser Dealer from 2005 to 2009. After several years of discussions with Ron Wright of Northwest Marine Industries I have signed on as their Southeastern U.S. Dealer for C-Dory Boats. We are excited to have ordered most of the line with the exception of the 16' Angler and 22' Cruiser. I have a 22' Angler ordered that should be here sometime in October. If you are interested, I'd be happy to discuss pricing and options with you. We offer Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha Outboards. I look forward to working with you!

Best Regards,

Mike Shotwell

Three Rivers Marine
1038 N. Suncoast Blvd.
Crystal River, Fl. 34429
352-563-5510
352-422-2965 Cell
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: this is what counts Reply with quote

I had a question about a Saga 20 that Wefings had sold twice, it was a private party listing at that point and Marc in the midst of getting ready for the big boat show in his area took the time to respond to my request for some info on a boat that would not put a penny in his pocket. I would do business with someone like him any day of the week. Wish he as on the West Coast!!!!
Bob Jarrard
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is as good a place as any for me to mouth off. I believe in supporting a neighborhood business. I have always supported mom and pop businesses. Over my 81 years I have watched the big box stores put the little guys out of business. Save a few bucks on the initial purchase and give up the human personal interaction. Even now, where I live there are two Home Depots just a few miles away but the always helpful local hardware store is shuttered. What a loss ! Now I watch my kids click on Amazon Prime while Sears sells off Craftsman (warranted for life) and has a "for Sale" sign out front.
For me, Wefings, although 3000 miles away, is and will always be a C-Brat neighborhood business. The same goes for Sportcraft and of course EQ Marine. I know I'm spitting in the wind here, yet, when I look in the mirror I see a smile.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wefings NO longer C-dory dealer Reply with quote

crazygundealer wrote:
Re: Wefing's Marine: cdory 22 angler?
Marc Grove [marc@wefings.com]

Ken, Not sure what your question is. Marc's response is very similar to what our phone conversation was when that topic was brought up a few weeks ago. The factory is asking its dealers to carry a full line of the boats in stock. The flooring costs of those boats is all on the dealers. (They either have to buy the boats out of their assets or have a loan against the boats from a company which is in that business.) The flooring costs eat up the profit of selling a boat.

If a prospective owner buys a boat per order and the dealer does not have the boat in stock, then the dealer will make his usual profit. If the dealer has to sell a boat he has in stock for 9 months (example a Tom Cat which Marc has had in stock about 9 months), the flooring costs eat up that profit. I suspect that you may have somewhat of the same issues in gun dealership, or any retail store.

So many used C Dorys are sold--many of which are half or less the cost of a new boat, and are little different--that there is not a huge market for new boats.

What Marc didn't say in his response to you, is that he is still glad to sell C Dorys on consignment.

Marc being dropped from dealership has nothing to do with the quality of his work or issues about his integrity. Marc is someone I fully trust and I have bought a new boat from him. He also carries a competing line of pilot house boats. That might enter in decisions.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
crazygundealer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, I think you read TOO much into my post. I mainly just look at for sale forum, did not see the old post on this and merely was posting his response for anyone who did NOT know. I think as Highly as he is spoken of here that what the factory did was SHITTY to him. If there is any doubt that is what I meant below I am placing the email I sent to him in response

RE: Re: Wefing's Marine: cdory 22 angler?
kenny@crazygundealer.com [kenny@crazygundealer.com]

Sent: 9:47 am
To: Marc Grove
WOW!, you are the man on new Cdory all over cbrats, I have a feeling they will ultimately really regret doing that. I have also looked at rosbourough the 246 special wheel house appears to be angler style, what can you tell me on them? I know its heavier then 25 cdory, how about gas economy, offshore ability and safety, pricing etc???? probably twins again. what size would I need for it?

--------- Original Message ---------
Subject: Re: Wefing's Marine: cdory 22 angler?
Date: 8/14/17 9:03 am
To: "kenny frazier" <kenny@crazygundealer.com>

Kenny , I cant speak to cost at this point . C Dory found someone to replace me and place a slightly bigger order . After all the years I supported and sold their product . The pricing is insane these days [why we didn't , and the new guy wont sell many] I am thinking based on 2017 pricing you would be looking at 80k when all is said and done . Id be looking for a used one personally...........
Marc
Spike

City/Region: Kent
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bootleg Hooch
Photos: Bootleg Hooch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope you are around for another 81 years of "spitting into the wind" Marty. I could not agree with you more, well said.
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep spitting marty
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The factory has to do what it has to do to sell boats. That is what keeps them afloat. If they require dealers (and they have every right to) to keep three models on hand at all times and a dealer can't or won't then so be it. They have do keep their business and doors open. I am far more likely to buy a boat on the shelf than custom order one. The ONLY reason I did this time is because a local Brat had one and I was able to see it with my own two eyes. If the local dealer had one on the floor I would have bought it from them directly. That is the essence of the issue, you don't buy a 90+k boat sight unseen no matter how much you trust your dealer. Second its not fair to dealers who are able / willing to carry the stock to have another in their vicinity competing for the same business.

At the end of the day its a business decision to sell boats to NEW consumers not just to existing brats who as this site has clearly stated prefer older used boats that purportedly last into eternity. They don't keep their doors open selling and servicing used boats. My guess is Marc at Wefings will do fine without being a C-Dory dealer and will still profit from his service relationship with the loyal c-brat following.

Emotionally I understand the community's argument, fiscally and as a someone who runs a business I understand NMIs position as well.

My two (likely unpopular) cents,
Harald

"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a good business model, certainly it is for those at the top. But, for everyone else, not so good. My only argument is to go look at "downtown", if your town still has one. If not, remember the town you grew up in. The defense rests (it's actually time for my nap).
MartyP
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are these people at the top? Do you think a small builder out of Bellingham Washington is at the top? I'm sorry but its not like these guys are Exxon. Its a small family business by all standards. I hope they do well and keep building great boat. Maybe just maybe Wefings may have chosen not to keep C-Dorys on the lot because financially they could not or have another line of boats that make more financial sense. To me this is a business decision which is just as NMIs decision one for them to make to keep their doors open, employees fed and continue to the best of their ability to build great boats.

The dealer here in Portland has nothing but good stuff to say about the Wrights and I trust my local dealer wholeheartedly. Can we agree at least that maybe this is all being blown our of proportion. I could not be happier with the sale or the factory. I could not ask more of them as a NEW customer. My perspective is undoubtedly different as a NEW customer but none the less my experience for the future of C-Dory is important and that of future customers.

I find this whole discussion frankly pointless. Marc has not weighed in neither has the factory so we are all running on conjecture here. I wish the Wrights, the C-Dory, Seasport and all other brands they build nothing but success as it ensures future sales, continued support and income for their employees and familiies. Sure the boats cost more but maybe this will allow them to weather the storms and markets a little better.

They are a small business, the backbone of this great country. Just as local as Wefings in their community.

My last cent,
H
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaller fiberglass boats with the simplicity of the C-Dory are nigh well as close to the definition of eternal as about anything in the world. Teslas, at the other end of complexity, will also face the same problem, they may go for a million miles

Unfortunately the string of temporary owners of C-Dory are just that. They may not own the forms in another ten years, it will be some other as yet unknown owner. From the factory's point of view our boats were made by someone else. We are competitors who claim, with some justification, we sell boats just as good as theirs, and for half the price.

Tesla's business plan, as I understand it, is to try to own a continuing relationship with every ever Tesla made. They also do not want to complicate that by having independent dealers.

Not claiming any answers, just pointing out the problem. Perhaps someone could open a thread on the subject.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobLL wrote:
...Teslas, at the other end of complexity, will also face the same problem, they may go for a million miles. ...

On the other hand, some/all of that high tech stuff in a Tesla could become obsolete next week. Granted Tesla has some clout in the supplier market that will keep some of the suppliers supplying whatever Tesla wants for however long they want it.

However, I work in a high tech field where older equipment is always in danger of becoming unsupportable. Once, we had one component part become obsolete before the prototype device even left the factory.

Anybody who has tried to replace parts on their PC has probably experienced not being able to buy a replacement of the original part and had to make do with a substitution. Granted the substitute part may be better than the original, but if your system needs some characteristic of the old part that the new part does not support, you could be in trouble.
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wefings needs to be reinstated as C-Dory dealer ASAP. And issued an apology

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chromer wrote:
Wefings needs to be reinstated as C-Dory dealer ASAP. And issued an apology

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: