View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Renaming ceremony? Reply with quote

Hi all,
Greetings from the latest Alaska C-Dory skipper.
I have been lurking on the site for a while now, enjoying the varied posts herein. Now, I have a question.
I just acquired a 16 foot Angler (my first real power boat- I don't really count my 10'/15hp inflatable) in need of a little winter care and repair. Ah, the list seems to grow daily...
First though, the boat needs a new name. The old name doesn't really fit the new skipper (and lovely first mate), so I'm willing to give this renaming thing a try. But, I don't want to upset the sea gods.
I am under the impression that renaming a boat can be safely done by a new owner without any reprecussions from the aforementioned sea gods, if done properly.
So... how do I go about properly renaming my new (old) vessel?
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AK Angler,
First let me congratulate you on your fine new vessel! I'm sure that you will have great times with her.
As to the renaming....there are two documents that inform you how to do the process. I'm unable to locate the documents on this "New C-Brat" site, however they are located on the "Old C-Brat" site. (If they are on this site somewhere, I'm sure that either Bill or Mike will tell us where...and if they are not on this site, I would suspect that they would get them moved over here).
At any rate on the old site www.c-brat.com they are located under "photos and features", and then click on documents. There you will find the two documents entitled..."Boat Denaming Ceremony" and "Boat Christening Ceremony".
If you find that you need help in performing the ceremony, there are some of us around that would be happy Smile to assist you. Just bring your new vessel down to Washington State and we'll assist you.
Dave S.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn.....Hey, AK....I guess that didn't work. Hopefully when Bill or Mike awaken later this morning and see this, they will get you "on to" the documents. (They are the nerds, I'm not!)

By the way, another option if you can't bring your vessel down here for the ceremony....there's a bunch of us that would love to be "flown up" there to help you......tee hee.... Wink .

Seriously, some of your fellow C-Brats in Alaska would probably help you at one of their Alaskan C-Dory Gatherings.
Dave S.
Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Dave you crack me up! good reply to Smile Beer
Cheers

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Cheers
Photos: Cheers
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK
Try this site: http://www.48north.com/mr_offline/denaming.htm
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. I knew there was a little voo-doo to do when changing names. Now I just have to find the right name for it... Thinkin' about C-Esta or C-Ducer. The wife likes the former, hates the latter... hmmm.

BTW, very funny Dave.

89CD16A- The Navicula has been sold...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: