Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bttbjohnny

City/Region: Las Vegas
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: no name on vessel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: HELP**STOLEN**C_DORY**STOLEN**HELP Reply with quote

On 06/20/2017 My C-Dory, 22 Cruiser was stolen in Las Vegas Nevada. PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT for my 2005 22 Cruiser with blue trim on white. The vessel looks as new. 2005 22 Cruiser with hull # CD022240F405 with a Yamaha 90 hp F90 model with a serial #61P 1003977 on a Galvanized Pacific trailer with tandem axle VIN#40R1A2GGX4A023138. The license plate was left, not on the trailer. The CF# is CF 1438 RD. Please be on the lookout. A reward is offered. If anyone has any ideas or words of wisdom feel free to pass along. I have all the keys to the boat and motor. There is a mount for a trolling motor on the right rear of the boat. It is a new mount black in color, there was no motor. The trailer has surge brakes, however they are not functional. The tires on the trailer were heat/sun checked as normal here in Las Vegas. Feel free to call my at 916 508 8765 with any information...
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your luck you will get the boat back with out to much damage to the transom. They dont want the boat , just the motors and electronics. If they don't burn it.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.

Where was the boat kept? What measures were in place to prevent theft?
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn thieves. Chop their hands off. Evil or Very Mad
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Hope you get it back. Will be looking.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that the Los Vegas police have checked all of the various surveillance cameras--Vegas has many. This would at least give a clue as to which way the boat was headed, if taken out of town.

Give the Yamaha organization the details, and ask for service agencies to be on the look out for that motor if it comes in for service.

Good luck on recovery, and I hope that you were well insured.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: will be watching Reply with quote

Hi, we live in Boulder City, will keep our eyes pealed and be watching Craig's for parts for sale.
Bob Jarrard
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a GPS tracker?
bttbjohnny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: *****Stolen C-Dory***** Reply with quote

Thank You to all of you for your comments. I've had no reports from anywhere about the boat. I kind of think maybe whomever stole it had a place to conceal it for a while to either strip it or mess with it to see if they could use it somehow. It has been a week now and my gut is just as sore today as it immediately was when I discovered it was gone. 70 years old and almost at the golden rainbow of retirement and telling my grand kids that Grand Poppie can finally take them on that long awaited boat trip and "ka-bang" it was all over!!!! I'll look for my C-Dory the rest of my life and dream forever that I see it and I just can't get my hands on it....at this stage of the game buying another one is just about impossible...at least I can smile and say I once had a C-Dory...that once was a life long dream......
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I mean it. I deal with victims like you weekly. The personal violation you feel saddens me and is a drain on my soul. At the same time it angers and motivates me. I HATE F'IN THIEVES! But until America wakes up and treats criminals as they should be treated, incidents like yours will continue.
bttbjohnny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Man Oh Man localboy Reply with quote

You sure have a beautiful rig....and some mighty tasty looking fish to match. I love to go through the pictures here and see the smiles and happiness on faces and read stories. It makes my aching gut feel a little better....and it keeps that dream alive that just around the next corner I'll find mine...it won't be stolen anymore...and we'll all be happy and smiling and laughing too....and you are right...there is no thief that has to fear anything for his wrong doing....it all just gets laughed off...and that is just too bad...no one is accountable.
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bttbjohnny,

Looks like you have a loss for sure. You have my sympathy.

But no insurance? That's interesting since most marinas, storage yards, etc. require insurance.

Boris
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: how about a reward? Reply with quote

The wife had her wallet stolen out of her purse at a Smiths on Rancho in Las Vegas and it was a real hassle. They used her cards twice within two hours. The police gave it more effort than I thought they would, even calling to see if we had anymore info. I suggest you keep in touch with them and perhaps post notices with the entry stations at the parks.
I would use Craig's list and the iFish forum to post a stolen notice with some pictures.
If you want to offer a reward for return of your boat or even just catching the thieves, my wife and I will stand to a $100 for a fellow D-Brat. Perhaps some other folks on the forum might join in on this "in house Crowd Fund".
Don't forget that prayer works. I'll give that a try also.
Bob and Kyung
damason

City/Region: Valparaiso, Florida
Photos: CHARITY
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Boat Insurance Reply with quote

You should of had your boat insured with BOAT US. I know the premiums are higher than others, but when you have a loss they give you a check real soon.

Always get an Agreed Value Policy and start with the amount that you paid for the boat. Every boat that I have had I have insured withBOAT US .

Here in Florida we have lots of Hurricanes. Other insurers haggle on paying and sometimes you have to go to court to make them pay.

BOAT US investigates and hands you a check.

Once a C-Brat - Always a C-Brat!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also make up flyers, and get them to marine outlets in the area--including the West Marine--offer a reward. Get these to St. George, the Calif. Marine organizations, Lake Powell, Lake Mead Marinas, Down to Arizona, Border Patrol.

Really hound the police dept to see if they have any leads. They might treat this as a $5,000 boat--far from the truth.

Someone out there has seen that boat. Don't give up looking for it. We all are praying for its safe return.

I'm with "localboy" about thieves. They are the scum of the earth--and the majority are drug users. I have also had things (including a large RV) stolen, and know how you feel. That is the reason we have high security at our home, with video cameras covering all angles. A number of neighbors have also put in high def. video cameras covering the street and waterways. We have caught and successfully prosecuted several thefts. Our neighborhood watch is very effective. Our neighborhood crime is a fraction of the others in our area--and we have close to a 100% capture rate...That is a deterrent to start with. Word gets out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: