The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Pricing: C-DORY 22' CRUISER with Hightop cabin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl

City/Region: NORTHERN
State or Province: NY
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsturm wrote:

Check out Planar Heaters, I installed a 44D in my 25 last Dec.
Have about 800hrs on it so far & not even a hiccup! At -10 deg. ambient, it will keep cabin +50 deg. & about 30% the price of Webasto/Espar .
(I have thousands of Hours Experience with Webasto / Espar in the Truck-Bus ind.) Wink Wink Thumbs Up

The Planar site is showing the 44D at $1025, not significantly different than the Webastos, which are shown in British pounds on their site, but one lists by KW and the other by BTU output, and my math may be wrong, as well as current exchange rate. BUT, I wouldn't need to heat at -10 deg. ambient either, as lake ice is about 3' thick at those temperatures. I see I'll have to do some more number crunching to determine actual price difference between Planar and Webasto, plus determine local price/service availability...Webastos are serviced everywhere as they dominate the trucking industry.
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Pricing: C-DORY 22' CRUISER with Hightop cabin Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
What is a ballpark price for this model, rigged, but with motor purchased locally? Latter is necessary to receive engine service locally...few dealers/marinas will service what they didn't sell, or you go to bottom of waiting list...my first encounter with such policies began with getting a Yamaha FJR1300 motorcycle serviced that had been bought out of state...you could lose the entire season waiting for even warranty service.

How expensive will delivery to northern NYS add, to just below Montreal?

I'm not finding any pricing, for either boat or options, on their web site.
I believe trim-tabs are even an option, which I consider mandatory.

How flexible are they with options...will they install a Webasto cabin heater, or insist on the Wallas for example?

I just bought a 25 from Carrie at Mobile East Marine and she gave me a good price, over the phone, in about 30 minutes after we figured out how I wanted it rigged. They are a little closer to you.

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
Karl

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that shipping, first to a dealer, then again to a marina near me could add significant expense. Same conclusion I came to when seriously considering a welded-plate alloy boat, virtually all produced in the PNW.

That alone may reduce the cost disparity between a a 22-Cruiser and a 23' Maritime Voyager, made in NH, about a 3-hour drive. But, while being more seaworthy than the C-Dory, fuel consumption will be about 2x the cost, and I hate spending that kind of money w/o even seeing the product, as Maritime only produces boats upon receipt of orders, and I have not been able to locate a used one to even look at.
ken35216

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
It appears that shipping, first to a dealer, then again to a marina near me could add significant expense. Same conclusion I came to when seriously considering a welded-plate alloy boat, virtually all produced in the PNW.

That alone may reduce the cost disparity between a a 22-Cruiser and a 23' Maritime Voyager, made in NH, about a 3-hour drive. But, while being more seaworthy than the C-Dory, fuel consumption will be about 2x the cost, and I hate spending that kind of money w/o even seeing the product, as Maritime only produces boats upon receipt of orders, and I have not been able to locate a used one to even look at.

If you have time they can usually ship a couple of boats at once and that reduces the cost to the dealer. With a 22 just go pick it up yourself and save the $$.
ken35216

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a 2013 with only one hour on it for $49,000 and already loaded with lots of extras.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-c-dory-22-cruiser-103023626
Not For Hire

City/Region: Cadillac, MI
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Not For Hire
Photos: Not For Hire
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl,
Test drive a boat if you can. Love my low top 22, now shrunk to 6'1" and never hit ceiling (watch the door). BUT - I can't pilot standing up because the windows are too low, I miss piloting while standing a lot. If standing and piloting is crucial, make sure you test drive first. Maybe the Cape Cruisers, now called Ventures, are better in that regard, don't know.

Mark

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not For Hire wrote:
Karl,
... BUT - I can't pilot standing up because the windows are too low, I miss piloting while standing a lot. If standing and piloting is crucial, make sure you test drive first.....

Mark

On my 22 I just stand in the middle a steer with my right hand if I get tired of sitting.
Karl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken35216 wrote:
Here is a 2013 with only one hour on it for $49,000 and already loaded with lots of extras.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-c-dory-22-cruiser-103023626

Looks good, except for lack of High-top cabin. How does a 4-year-old boat only have one hour on it? Guessing recently repowered after total motor failure, and that 1-hour is engine hours, not boat hours, or possibly a 4-year old dealer leftover that was sea-trialed once or twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: