The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/14 - 07/16 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Igrant

City/Region: Garden Bay
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea Sprite
Photos: Sea Sprite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great gathering fueled by all the work done by Ron, Anne, Greg, Flora, Steve and Marni. Bbq salmon and all the fixings at Ron and Anne's Friday with chauffeur service, Flora's potstickers at the Saturday potluck and then a great pancake breakfast this morning with balsamic glazed strawberry muffins and coffee to start.
They even arranged for a logger sports show to entertain us and a talk on how to catch local fish which gave all of us some new things to try.

Thank You Powell River C-Brats for all your great work.

Sea Sprite is in Squirrel Cove tonight, moving to Von Donop tomorrow.

serenitymay1995

City/Region: Cumberland
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Gumption
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again all of you Powell River people, what a fantastic gtg. I will certainly be watching for you guys when we are over your way and if you are ever heading north and want company don't hesitate to give us a shout.
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well another PRCBGT is in the books. I'll admit, when I saw how busy the marina was getting I was worried that things wouldn't work out very well. But, with Harvey signing on to a part time cruising job as warfinger, and the great attitude of all the visiting C-Brats to make it work out it all went pretty smoothly. I'm glad people had a good time. It was great to see friends old and new. On behalf of the PRCBGT team, Greg, Flora, Steve, Marnie,Anne and myself, thanks for coming and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cheers
Ron
PS: I'm glad to see C-Brat do the Strait Shot. Tom and Susan did the Strait Shot in somewhere right around 5 hrs. Cool
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Ron, Greg, Flora, Steve, Marnie, Anne. I added a few photos and will move them to the official photo album when that comes.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2688&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ari is fishing south of upper rapids today and spending tonight in the octopus islands. Pendrell sound wednesday night then maybe roscoe bay thursday, sandy island south of comox friday night.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just back to home port yesterday at 5 p.m., and what fun that was!
Thanks, all, for coming and bringing your world-renowned C-Dory spirit of adventure and fellowship.

And most of all, great big thanks go to Anne and Ron, Greg, Flora, Steve and Marni, for all the work and preparation that went into this memorable rendezvous. I appreciate the opportunity you provided for all of us to meet and mingle on our boats, the dock, your house, and in your fine city. I really enjoyed talking and spending time with all of you.

From Powell River I cruised to French Creek for a night, then yesterday ran 120 miles through Nanaimo, the Gulf Islands, customs at Roche, then sadly, back to the barn. Man, these are fabulous boats, and I could have easily spent another month out there!
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelia wrote:
Ari is fishing south of upper rapids today and spending tonight in the octopus islands. Pendrell sound wednesday night then maybe roscoe bay thursday, sandy island south of comox friday night.

Greg

Such a shame we will miss you guys. Tree (Sandy) Island is a very popular spot for us if we are just out for a night or two. Friday morning we are putting on our smog masks and heading for the interior. Have fun.
Martin and Andrea.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SleepyC is in the barn - bummer, but I had to get home for some family commitment. I crossed from Powell River to Campbell River and anchored in April Cove for the night. Spent from midnight to 0200 sitting in the cockpit, watch for the Aurora Boriallis but apparently they didn't read the schedule. Beautiful quiet night, lots of stars, no clouds and some good memories.

For those of you who headed north, hope you got to see the whales up by the end of Malispania.

Thanks again to to whole PR crew, Anne and Ron, Greg, Flora, Steve and Marni. You all are great, and what a great time. Sure good to see everyone and share the docks.

I did get up to McNiel to the hearing. More on that in the Port Harvey thread.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went south after the gathering and tried to catch up with CC Rider. Called them, but no answer. Anchored in "Ballet Bay" or something. The print was so small in my cruising guide that I couldn't tell what it said. I went to Egmont in the morning and then up to Princess Louisa.

My read on Princess Louisa is 2.5 stars out of 5. Yes, Chatterbox Falls is nice. Yes, Malibu Rapids is interesting. Yes, the mountains and snow are the "first" best scenery coming from Seattle/Vancouver. But . . . . it's got nothing over the Broughtons, or Kingcome Inlet, or Lacey Falls, or . . . Cost me $60 in fuel and I got beat up a bit fighting back against wind and current. I get beat up a lot, so that's no big deal. It's just a long way to go for a waterfall. I felt like the chugging sailboats better really, really like the journey.

Went back to Egmont for refueling and had Ling Cod fish and chips in honor of Harvey. That's a story for another day.

I was looking to post some pictures and I noticed that I don't take pictures of people. We had a wonderful time at the PRCBGT but not a single picture of a Brat. I'll stop and take pictures of weird driftwood, sea life, or derelict boats, etc., but people? I guess that with people, I can see them anywhere.

I got off the water yesterday when I looked across from Whaletown to Campbell River and saw the water flatter in the Strait than I have ever seen. The report for Friday was increasing winds, so I had to go. 2 hours on plane WOT from Whaletown to Comox stopping only to take pictures. And I didn't get beat up. Wonderful time.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Glad you made it safe. Thanks for thinking of me with the F&C. Good choice, if the Strait is flat, it's time to get. Sorry we didn't get to do the AIS stuff you wanted before I left. Didn't see you around, and needed to get scooting. Oh yeah, and me to. Not many pix, and I also do the weird driftwood, holes in the water where whales once were, and lots of other stuff, but got busy Friday and didn't get much in the way of pix. Not much of a fan of boats at the dock.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: