The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/14 - 07/16 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin we are really going to miss you at the gathering. We can understand. After all the cleaning involved in getting Nomad ready for sale you don't want to mess that up...Of course what we all really want to find out is, what boat are you moving to? Come on .... let us know. Or, I swear, we'll move the gathering from PR to Comox and make you the official commodore!

Lyle,
We'd be absolutely delighted to have you attend the PRCBGT. And, of course we remember you from the Bess-C days and from meeting you on Lopez. We'd be happy to have Bessie as the C-Dory mother ship for the gathering. As far as fuel goes, either choice is good. Both pump a lot of fuel during the summer so the quality of the fuel should be fine. i'd just call either location, let them know approximately how much fuel you'd need and find out what their price is.
Westview Fuels Powell River 604-485-2867. Lund Hotel (gas dock) 604 414 0474.
I fuel up at either depending on where I'm going.

its looking like we may have a smaller crowd this year than last, but what the heck we are going to have a great time! If you haven't signed up yet please do. It always helps with the planning.

On the planning note:
Friday about 6 ish Salmon BBQ at Ron and Anne's Place
Saturday: Potluck on the docks, Westview south harbour.
Sunday morning 9 ish, pancake breakfast.

In between there's socializing, fishing, hikes, biking, trips to the farmers market, shopping and the Loggers Sports to keep you busy.
As well as planning extend trips with some of the attendees to Princess Louisa or Desolation Sound.

Anne is trying again to arrange discounts at some stores and borrow the van to help get people moved around.

Docking is on a first come basis at Westview so no reservations. The dock master did a pretty good job of keeping us together last year and will try the same this

Donations appreciated for the meals to help with the costs.

Looking forward seeing you at the PRCBGT. Don't forget to sign up.

Cheers
Ron and the whole PRCBGT team.
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ron on Meander"]Martin we are really going to miss you at the gathering. We can understand. After all the cleaning involved in getting Nomad ready for sale you don't want to mess that up...Of course what we all really want to find out is, what boat are you moving to? Come on .... let us know. Or, I swear, we'll move the gathering from PR to Comox and make you the official commodore!

What, only a Commodore and not an Admiral ! My wife is Fleet Admiral, PNW, but there is still a position for me as a Rear Admiral
Laughing All will be revealed as to our next boat once plans firm up. Dates are not jiving with our present schedule, so we may have to miss out.
For those of you who did not attend last year's PR gathering, you missed out big time. Ron and Anne pull out all the stops to make sure everyone has a great time. Every possibility is planned to the minutist detail. This is the gathering you will tell your grand kids about long after you retire from boating. Ok, This might be a bit over the top, but you get my drift Laughing

Once a Brat, always a Brat.

Martin.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin and Andrea, WOW, Sure hate to hear you aren't going to make the PR CBGT. It was great last year, and I'm sure every bit as great (and better) this time around. Sorry to hear your schedule thing isn't coming together, but there is still time. Andrea can probably get the fast boat for a training mission for over the weekend, eh?

Still hoping to see you there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 4th to everyone celebrating this special day!
If its Independence day it must be July. How the heck did that happen so fast? Only 10 days to go until the PRCBGT.
The weather up here has been nothing short of fantastic. No kidding! Sunshine, calm seas (except when they are not! LOL) and great fishing......except for me. I haven't been able to spend much time at it in the last month, but I hope to be out this week.
It looks like we have about 15 boats signed up at this time. A few less than last year but we'll still have a great time. Here's whats planned.

Docking is at the South Harbour in Powell River. Its well signed, and pretty obvious so you shouldn't miss it. No reservations required, but it is first come first served, so arriving early is recommended. Moorage rates are the same as last year. $0.85 per foot. Call on channel 66. Phone 604-485-5244. If you don't wish to pay by credit card, be sure to have some Canadian dollars available.

Friday: Salmon BBQ at Ron and Annes. Dinner about 6:00 or so. Come over when ever. I'll put you to work. BYOB
We'll arrange for rides from the marina as needed.

Saturday: We have only planned the Potluck on the dock. At about 6:00 pm
I hope most people will enjoy a visit to the loggers sports http://www.powellriverloggersports.com/
Its fun. Lots to see, tons of food vendors, chainsaw carving that is nothing short of amazing, great competition at the events, plus a car show with about 50 vintage vehicles. If loggers sports isn't your thing, you can try your hand at fishing, tour the museum, wander through the shops, go to the farmers market, or plan your extended cruise with other C-Brats. Or, just relax with a beverage and a book in the cockpit.

Sunday: Pancake breakfast. At about 9:00 at the dock. That way people on their way home can leave with a full stomach. LOL
Donations for the Salmon BBQ and pancake breakfast will be appreciated.

Please let me know if you will be at the Friday BBQ. I really need to know how many fish to catch. LOL
Looking forward to seeing you in 10 days.

Cheers
Ron
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I forgot something... if you haven't already heard, BC Ferries have 50% savings promotion on the over length charge running during the summer. It will save you a few bucks if you are able to take advantage of it. Its only on select sailings and on two routes.
Details here http://www.bcferries.com/promotions/size-up-the-savings.html

Cheers
Ron
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

I WILL make it Friday to BBQ, coming from points north Thanks Dwight

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure am sorry to miss this CBGT but have to be to work on the 14th. I'm crossing Georgia Strait right now at a pleasant 11 knots. Almost flat calm but not quite. Crossing from Comox to Lund looking at Powell River on my starboard (and the T-Mobile reception is better here than it is in Seattle). Hoping to get to stop at PR on my way back probably around the 10th or 11th. Have fun everyone!
-Mike

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We plan on making the Friday BBQ. Launching somewhere around Comox in the am. Beth will be flying back on Sunday late afternoon. I assume there's no difficulty in getting from the marina to the PR airport. I have no idea what I'll do after the get together.

Last year, I bought a full year BC fishing license. Looks like the price went up this year and I'm looking at the 3 day license. Gorge on fish for 3 days, take a rest, get another 3 day license, repeat.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark- Last year, I bought a full year BC fishing license. Looks like the price went up this year and I'm looking at the 3 day license. Gorge on fish for 3 days, take a rest, get another 3 day license, repeat.

I have a license and would be happy to go out with you or anyone else who might want to fish in Canada.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
cgypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark- Last year, I bought a full year BC fishing license. Looks like the price went up this year and I'm looking at the 3 day license. Gorge on fish for 3 days, take a rest, get another 3 day license, repeat.

I have a license and would be happy to go out with you or anyone else who might want to fish in Canada.
cgypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wil be at Logger Sports Friday night and Saturday so I wil not be attending the barbeque on Friday night.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron and Anne, unfortunately it looks like Caryn and I won't be able to make it to Powell River this year. We just ran into scheduling difficulties that we couldn't work out. I know it will be another great event put on by you two and the crew so we're are really bummed out about canceling out.

Have a great gathering and hopefully we see you folks again in Canada next year.

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter we sure enjoyed meeting you and Caryn last year and we hope to catch up in the future.
Mike I'm glad you had a smooth crossing and I hope you had a great time up here. Great weather eh?
Looking forward to meeting you on Friday Mark.
Sandra, I'm glad you are taking in the Loggers Sports its always fun.
Dwight, I might need you to help provide the salmon! LOL just kidding.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers
Ron
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron on Meander wrote:

Dwight, I might need you to help provide the salmon! LOL just kidding.

I will be fishing 2 days prior up North. I will try my best. I will post on this thread if I will be contributing
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are headed up by Ferry on friday and will launch and motor out of Comox in the early afternoon if conditions permit. If they don't, we will stay in Comox and leave early Saturday and stay through the pancake breakfast of course. Count us out for the Friday dinner just because I can't promise to make that afternoon crossing on Friday.

See you all soon,

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: