The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Possible selling my 2008 19' C-Dory Angler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haliman

State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Possible selling my 2008 19' C-Dory Angler Reply with quote

Thinking of upgrading to a bigger boat (23' Steiger Craft) so thinking about selling my current boat. Not sure what to ask yet and have looked on here as well as the internet and hard to find a used one around the same year and with my options.
2008 Angler - Blue striping.
Canvas drop down curtain for cabin.
2008 Honda 90HP and 9.9 Kicker - Both 4 stroke
porta-potti
Newer Pacific trailer I bought new from Pacific - I believe 2012 or 13 with spare.
Rocket launchers
Bennett trim tabs
All navigation lights and cabin lights have new LED bulbs
compass
anchor/rope/chain - no windlass.
Washdown
Coaming boxes on both port and starboard sides in cockpit.
Fusion stereo with JL audio speakers.
Raymarine C95 mfd
Raymarine vhf
Digital antenna
Wired for Cannon downriggers with cannon swivel base mounts on port and starboard side.
Stainless steel grab rails in cabin as well as on transom.
I am second owner.
Will post pics when I get boat home. I have kept it in dry storage since owning it. I use it in the salt but do the yearly maintenance and flush motors and wash down after every use. If memory serves me right bought it with under 50 hours on boat and now have about 300 but will need to confirm.
I have kept real good care and I know without pictures hard to tell but will get some up.
So with all that being said what approximately are these going for.
Thanks for any info.
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are going for as much as you can get. YOu can start with NADA used boat guide, and add as much as 20% as a start. Sounds like a great boat. I'd have been in the market for such a C-Dory a year ago and it would have really caught my eye priced in the mid 20's.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
haliman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potter water wrote:
they are going for as much as you can get. YOu can start with NADA used boat guide, and add as much as 20% as a start. Sounds like a great boat. I'd have been in the market for such a C-Dory a year ago and it would have really caught my eye priced in the mid 20's.

Did Nada - Average retail was about 24,000 without kicker and not adding the 20%. Have a pretty good idea what I want If I sell.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would beg to differ. I don't think NASA has a clue when it comes to C-Dorys. I would research here on the site and trust that more. When I went ot get insurance for my boat, NADA, which is where my insurance agent went looking for value had my boat priced at ~20K. We differed, a lot. Then after talking some, I found he had another C-Dory in his insured group, and just covered it for about 40K so after looking up some C-Dory boats, sales etc, he agreed 40 sounded reasonable. We get along much better now.

Find some boats similar (19) to yours and price accordingly.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

haliman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
I would beg to differ. I don't think NASA has a clue when it comes to C-Dorys. I would research here on the site and trust that more. When I went ot get insurance for my boat, NADA, which is where my insurance agent went looking for value had my boat priced at ~20K. We differed, a lot. Then after talking some, I found he had another C-Dory in his insured group, and just covered it for about 40K so after looking up some C-Dory boats, sales etc, he agreed 40 sounded reasonable. We get along much better now.

Find some boats similar (19) to yours and price accordingly.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Thanks Hardee. Yeah after looking at Nada prices I would keep the boat as I have way more into than what they were saying. With new trailer, electronics and other items I put on it since buying it I have over 33,000 in the boat. OF course that is including what I paid for the boat. Boat was bare bones when I got it. Trailer alone was about 5,000. I know I won't get what I have in it but no hurry to sell and not letting go for NADA prices as we all know those are BS. Good starting point I guess. I have looked on here and there really is not many boats around my year with the add on's I have and with newer trailer. Hardly ever see them with a kicker.
South of Heaven

City/Region: Stoughton
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haliman: I sold my 2003 19' last year for a few thousand under my asking price. I listed it for $24,500. It had an older motor (but very good shape) and very limited electronics. The trailer was very nice though; it was a dually axle and full aluminum.

I think your boat would sell for somewhere in the $26-28k. Even if it's worth $33k it'll be hard to sell a 19 foot boat for that price IMO.

Here's my old listing.

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=24415

2007 C-Dory 25 Cruiser (DF 200 Suzuki) Sold 7/17

2003 C-Dory 19 Angler (F80 Yamaha) Sold 8/16

1995 C-Dory 16 Angler (F40 Yamaha) Sold 2/16
haliman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Fish Commander

City/Region: Modedsto
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: 19 C-dory Reply with quote

Forget the NADA guide lines - They are Totally inaccurate !! The current value of the 19 is about $35,000 + especially here on the west coast - The Factory has not made one of these in 3 + years To replace this boat with a new one with normal equipment , kicker motor and good electronics would cost over $65,000 + tax So Don't give it away . Fish Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: 19 C-dory Reply with quote

Fish Commander wrote:
Forget the NADA guide lines - They are Totally inaccurate !! The current value of the 19 is about $35,000 + especially here on the west coast - The Factory has not made one of these in 3 + years To replace this boat with a new one with normal equipment , kicker motor and good electronics would cost over $65,000 + tax So Don't give it away . Fish Commander

Yes and watch your boat languish on the site with no response! You can buy a 29 blackfin for 35K with fresh engines.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: 19 C-dory Reply with quote

Fish Commander wrote:

Yes and watch your boat languish on the site with no response! You can buy a 29 blackfin for 35K with fresh engines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: