The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/18 - 08/20 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock....Is the Bellingham gathering 5 days? Friday thru Tuesday? We are trying to plan a trip north hopefully to include the Bellingham gathering.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene, thanks for bringing that to my attention! No, it doesn't include Monday and Tuesday. The event is August 18-20, not 22. Just how could the 22nd be typed, proofread, reviewed again and pass for fact, I wonder? Naturally my ghostwriter, a devotee of fake news, has been dismissed and detained.
Gene Morris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brock,

It's all clear to me now. We plan on attending if nothing comes up between now and then.

Gene
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentioned in another thread, "the carpool to the factory for a tour" thing. I know it might be early but is that in the plan?

An option might be for a drive in date at the factory that would not be on this same weekend, so we could arrive in our own vehicles from wherever. (Maybe the first ever motorcycle CBGT). Or the factory might be willing to bus us up from the CBGT dock? Who knows?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, I don't know if the factory tour has been confirmed yet, but I do know that it has been discussed as with previous years to have a factory tour during the Bellingham event.

Brock and I did speak with one of the reps from the Port of Bellingham at their booth at the Seattle boat show and learned they have a free shuttle service for transporting people around and would be glad to help drive groups over to Fairhaven for the tour as long as it's within their normal business hours (I think after 9AM on weekends). That service would also be handy for getting up to a grocery store for ice, food, and beverage provisioning which has been my only complaint about the Squalicum Harbor Marina - there's not a lot of anything within easy walking distance.

I was only half kidding about the dinghy race - if it's calm enough I'll definitely consider getting myself over there via dinghy, it's about a 10 minute run. Last year some crazy Brat even walked back from Fairhaven.

-Mike

Catman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, good question, and I'd be up for a visit sometime other than our rendezvous weekend. But for the Bellingham visit this year the plan is for an annual shop tour. I've made mention of our interest and will get an official OK soon. Perhaps at the boat show today.

Mike, thanks for relaying the transportation information that we learned last Saturday. Yes, free shuttle service to Fairhaven has been made really easy thanks to the Port. Should work really well. Course, we have the option to walk back, too. Wink
Gene Morris

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for an "event signup" for the Bellingham gathering. Still on for August 18-20?
Catman

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene and others, yes, we're still on for Bellingham this year on August 18-22. Looking forward to seeing all who attend, and I'll keep you posted.
Gene Morris

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 18-20. Planning to attend.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The signup list is in place with Catman set as the Cruise Director.
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday the 21 is the solar eclipse. Bellingham area will be 85 - 90%. Might be something to consider depending on weather.

Chuck

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing that up, Chuck. I had thought to be in SE Oregon for that gig. Haven't seen a total eclipse for almost 40 years. Will have to flip a coin on this one, or or figure out how to get from Bellingham to Burns in one afternoon Rolling Eyes

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
maryvmcclain

City/Region: Summerlin
State or Province: NV
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, We would probably stay through the 21st just to catch the eclipse. Will it be necessary to change the reservation since the event is just through the 20th?. There was also a great music event/cookout on Thursday nights at the hotel Bellweather there. Thursday the 17th (Blues, Brews & BBQ: 5 pm-9 pm, opening band 5-6pm, headliner 6-9pm) We had a lot of fun and it would be fun to get a group together if the hotel is doing it again. So we will probably be there from the 17th to the 21st. I MAY try to convince Rob to let me spend a night at that hotel (and SPA) again. It was so nice after boat camping for weeks.

I'd also like to do an afternoon at the oldtown (Fairhaven?) area.. I saw a lot of shops and restaurants down there, but we spent no time there last time. So maybe we could find a place that would take a crowd with some music on Saturday night???

Mary McClain

maryvmcclain

City/Region: Summerlin
State or Province: NV
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, We would probably stay through the 21st just to catch the eclipse. Will it be necessary to change the reservation since the event is just through the 20th?. There was also a great music event/cookout on Thursday nights at the hotel Bellweather there. Thursday the 17th (Blues, Brews & BBQ: 5 pm-9 pm, opening band 5-6pm, headliner 6-9pm) We had a lot of fun and it would be fun to get a group together if the hotel is doing it again. So we will probably be there from the 17th to the 21st. I MAY try to convince Rob to let me spend a night at that hotel (and SPA) again. It was so nice after boat camping for weeks.

I'd also like to do an afternoon at the oldtown (Fairhaven?) area.. I saw a lot of shops and restaurants down there, but we spent no time there last time. So maybe we could find a place that would take a crowd with some music on Saturday night???

Mary McClain
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year a large percentage of Brats stayed an extra night in Sunday, not by choice but due to the windstorm. Can't imagine you'd need to worry about extending a reservation for a Thurs night or a Sun night in Bellingham.

Also if you are interested in checking out Fairhaven the Port of Bellingham operates a linear moorage buoy system right in Fairhaven by the boat launch...you could tie up to that for a night and take your kayak to shore. I don't think I've ever seen more than one boat tied to it, and usually it's completely empty. But if you stay in Squalicum harbor the Port also runs a free shuttle service for boaters at the visitor dock and can drive you to and fro.

I'm signed up but won't be able to get there until Fri night and have to leave Sunday. But maybe others will be getting there early/ staying late. So far, only 4 people signed up?

Hope to see you there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: