The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

What happened to Customer Service
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
backlash

City/Region: Eugene
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: What happened to Customer Service Reply with quote

So in researching every angle I can in preparation of ordering a new C-Dory I have not found a more frustrating experience in trying to purchase anything with a price tag north of $100 in my life. It seems most folks aren't interested in sales unless you're standing in front of them. My preferred communication in researching is email for a couple of reasons. It gives me a written record of conversation that I can file away for reference. I'm also very busy and tend to do more research in the evening hours when most dealers etc are not accessible.

NMI Factory, contacted twice in two weeks. No response.

Pacific Trailers, contacted 2times in two weeks plus a phone call. Nothing.

Waypoint Marine, contacted once, to be fair only been 3 days but still no contact.

That said Marty at Master Marine, when I contacted him a couple of months ago was awesome. Guess I know which way I'm leaning.....
Also PDR Marine Fabrication was almost instantaneous in response time.

Am I alone in this quandary?
Foggy

City/Region: Traverse City; Northern Lake Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Boatless in Boating Paradise
Photos: W B Nod
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone.

Keep at'em. Don't give up. Wear'em down until you are heard.

Let'em know you are really serious and have 'the green' ready to spend
and you'll be amazed how fast you will become important, the center of
attention.

Believe me - works every time.

Aye.
Grandpa used to say, "Non Illegitimi Carborundum" or
"Don't let the bastards grind you".

NancyandBud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Willow
Photos: Willow
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone.

In fact, I complimented a business the other day for 1. Having a person answer the phone. 2. Being knowledgeable about the product. 3. Acting like they wanted me to be a customer.

Harder and harder to find for some reason.

I've never owned or run a business so I don't understand why anyone would want to discourage a customer from spending money with them. I today's competitive business environment, I would they they would go overboard in trying to get new customers and keep existing ones by providing outstanding customer service.

As an aside, Enterprise Leasing is fully committed to outstanding customer service. They will do what it takes, within reason, to make the customer happy.

Fair Winds and Following C's to us all.
Riverjohn

City/Region: Portland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NMI Factory, contacted twice in two weeks. No response

NMI factory

I received an Email response the very next morning re: A factory walk through. Very prompt and nice. Gave me a mans name to contact etc..
Mentioned they only have 2 25' Cruisers in production right now.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Customer Service Reply with quote

backlash wrote:
So in researching every angle I can in preparation of ordering a new C-Dory I have not found a more frustrating experience in trying to purchase anything with a price tag north of $100 in my life. It seems most folks aren't interested in sales unless you're standing in front of them. My preferred communication in researching is email for a couple of reasons. It gives me a written record of conversation that I can file away for reference. I'm also very busy and tend to do more research in the evening hours when most dealers etc are not accessible.

NMI Factory, contacted twice in two weeks. No response.

Pacific Trailers, contacted 2times in two weeks plus a phone call. Nothing.

Waypoint Marine, contacted once, to be fair only been 3 days but still no contact.

That said Marty at Master Marine, when I contacted him a couple of months ago was awesome. Guess I know which way I'm leaning.....
Also PDR Marine Fabrication was almost instantaneous in response time.

Am I alone in this quandary?

Not everybody in the barrel is a bad apple. Marc at Wefings has been a standup guy, a C-Dory Dealer, a regular supporter of a CBGT, and besides that, he is a real person who cares about the customer and provides 5 Star Customer service.

Here is the link to the Wefings website:

http://wefings.com/

Try that, click on contacts and your nearly in the door. OK Yeah, I know he is in floriday, but He is real.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Backlash. I've already had several bad experiences in the past year and a half with a shop, a NH C Dory dealer and other marine related people. Some folks just dont care and are so unprofessional. Obviously there's tons of great marine folks as well but ONE bad experience will overpower that.

+1 on Marc from Wefings. Professional and nice guy.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
BillE

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: BillE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little perspective from one who has owned and run a business----while I agree that customer contact is crucial, over the years I have received many email inquiries but I have never gotten a sale off an email. Never! Fact is, most email shoppers are scanning everywhere for the lowest price. If you are not a price-based seller---which usually means that you offer nothing but the product, before or after the sale--- then you are not going to get that business. Oh I still respond to every email, but I don't expect anything from any email contact.
And neither do any of these boat sellers.
Now a phone call should be answered by someone with the answers! Also remember that manufacturers are not sellers and are sometimes ill-equiped to deal direct with the end user. That is not their skill set, and why they have dealers.
I have met Marc, he is a good guy, and that is where I would buy if possible. Good luck.

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Sportcraft Marina in Oregon City? Like Marc and Wefings they are a long time sponsor of the C-Brat site and I have heard only good things about their service dating all the way back to 2001 when I bought my first C-Dory from them.
jarobi

City/Region: NE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Sportcraft Marina in Portland? Tim Gelbrich answered my questions on the phone and in person about new and used boats and even steered me to C-Brats. I haven't bought a boat there, so I can't comment on service after the sale but I appreciated the friendly low pressure way they dealt with my tire-kicking.

I see Tyboo beat me to it. Very Happy

Last edited by jarobi on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMI builds great boats--and that is where their skill is. Marketing, selling, etc---not. Even when the C Brats gave them good marketing hints and support--nada.

In the last 15 or so years, it has been a sleigh ride for the C Dory brand--with multiple builders...but most likely the best of the builders is NMI.

You need to pick your dealer, let them get what you want--answer your questions--that is what you pay for.

Marc Grove is a good friend, and a terrific C Dory dealer. However, I would use someone nearer you.--Master Marine has a good reputation.

I have purchased a number of items based on e-mail response--perhaps it depends on the type of product. I can name a number of internet marine retailers, such as BOE, International Marine, and a number of others who do a lot of business related to e-mails correspondence.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
backlash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
Have you tried Sportcraft Marina in Oregon City? Like Marc and Wefings they are a long time sponsor of the C-Brat site and I have heard only good things about their service dating all the way back to 2001 when I bought my first C-Dory from them.

Yes I did stop by Sportcraft and Tim was awesome. Problem is that I'm a died in the wool Mercury freak. Honda and Sukuki are not options for me. That leaves me with two options. Purchase a bare boat and have it rigged someplace else or buy from a Merc dealer (my preference).
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlash, I'll offer a big thumbs up for Marty at Master Marine. He's been very helpful and available when I've contacted him. And MikeR can speak with more authority regarding his MM experience, having just bough a 22' Cruiser with 90 Merc, which he loves.
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:

One more vote for Sportcraft. Give them a call, ask for Ryan or Tim. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backlash wrote:
TyBoo wrote:

Yes I did stop by Sportcraft and Tim was awesome. Problem is that I'm a died in the wool Mercury freak. Honda and Sukuki are not options for me. That leaves me with two options. Purchase a bare boat and have it rigged someplace else or buy from a Merc dealer (my preference).

Merc? Blaspheme!!!!! Laughing

Actually, humor aside, work with Sportcraft on the boat. Stevens Marine is in that area, and they too are dyed in the wool Merc people.
backlash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Sagebrush wrote:
backlash wrote:
TyBoo wrote:

Merc? Blaspheme!!!!! Laughing

Actually, humor aside, work with Sportcraft on the boat. Stevens Marine is in that area, and they too are dyed in the wool Merc people.

Doing my part to "Make America Great Again" buying USA first when given a choice! 🇺🇸
Yeah, I've bought a couple of boats from Stevens Marine. Top notch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: