The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

DQOTD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NORO LIM"]Always. (That would include a spare castle nut, washers and pins, as well as the necessary tools and grease.

X2
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all.
We currently do short trips to soft sand beaches (Fri high was 96 degrees) with easy get-home capability on one F150 at 2000 RPM. After 3 years, I'm still experimenting with props (have 3 twin sets now) and much depends on loading, cruising styles, altitude, and preferences. We take a spare set every winter trip to Key West, but I keep them in the pickup bed, not on the TomCat due to space (big engines, big props).
It's really, really hard to argue against having a spare set and tools and knowing how to do it in a pinch. I won't even try.
Happy Boating!
John

srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carry a "cheap" OEM aluminum spare and all of the tools to change it (same pitch and diameter as my normal prop). I too am a sailor and do not have a spare for any of my (3) sailboats, but as Sunbeam has said, we have sails on those boats and the engine for sailboats is only a secondary means of propulsion.
OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy and Bud wrote:
NORO LIM wrote:
. . .
There are several threads on the site about what else people choose to carry in the way of emergency or repair items.

I've been very unsuccessful in searching on this site and need a little help please.

If I wanted to see only the posts that have the phrase "spare prop", what format would I enter those words in the search box? I tried spare+prop and didn't get the expected results.

You can just plug words or phrases in the "Google Custom Search" box next to the "Search" button in the upper left of any C-Brats page. Like Roger, I am a creature of habit and I tend to use Goggle's Advanced Search function (www.google.com/advanced_search) even when searching this site. The advance search feature allows you to narrow your search to any site or domain you choose (e.g., "www.c-brats.com"). This achieves the same effect as the "Google Custom Search" box already mentioned on the site itself, but it eliminates the first few annoying advertising hits you're likely to get on the "Google Custom Search." More importantly, the Advance Search page allows you to refine you search terms more precisely - you can include terms, exclude terms, or prescribe exact words or phrases.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sometimes very fly by night and causal about a lot of things. Father calls it half ass. But I have never left a dock with out a spare prop or the drive way with out a spare tire. I can not even imagine the scenario where not having one would be a benefit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: