The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-22 for $16,500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: C-22 for $16,500 Reply with quote

Here is a C-22 for $16,000 in Juneau, Alaska. That's the price asked for most C=16"s!!!
http://juneau.craigslist.org/boa/5776343592.html
homerjack

City/Region: Homer
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 49er
Photos: 49er
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will likely need new motor before long @ cost of $12k bringing total cost of $28k. Not such a bargain.
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If compressions checks out on main, that motor will run another 1500 hours.
I had 1500 on each of the twin 40 Hondas and compression check was excellent.
Sounds like a great deal to me!

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
bobjarrard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: How long should a Honda last Reply with quote

Always a sore topic, outboard life, but with clean fuel, regular service (especially fluids and impellers) and good break-in, I think that 3000 hours is reasonable. If you run the motor only a few hours a year, that is different but with regular use and care, a good motor has to last more than 1500 hours or you should buy an inboard. Bob
Saxe Point

City/Region: Sooke
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That boat will be sold in days. Incredible deal.
bobjarrard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: oops, price is $16,500 but still a great deal Reply with quote

I missed $500 but still a great price. I told the seller about our C-Brat site and suggested a post on our Forum. Quick reply back so this is a real listing. Bob
homerjack

City/Region: Homer
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: 49er
Photos: 49er
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 yr old motor that averaged only bout 100 hrs/yr. Bit of a risk but probably still worth a shot. Even at 28k with a brand new motor not a bad price if boat in good condition.
bobjarrard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: and a 2015 15 hp Tohatsu kicker Reply with quote

There is also a 2015 Tohatsu 8 hp kicker on a lift that with tax and installation is close to $2000 plus a 7' Avon and in the pictures a nice trap/pot puller. Wallas stove and the other stuff that adds up fast plus a trailer and a September 2016 survey available. There is one rub, no road to Juneau so it is barge or ferry it out and then either haul to the lower 48 or send it to Seattle. Or just buy the boat and bring it back next season. If you have been watching Joe's recent sale at $22,500 this is a fair deal especially if you get 3-5 years from the main. Bob
CrabLeg

City/Region: Shoreline
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: C-dory in Juneau Reply with quote

I was curious so I got a quote from Lynden transport (Alaska Marine Line) for cost to ship that boat from Juneau to Seattle, which was over $3900. I suspect it would be less to ship ` Bellingham maybe...thought I would see if anyone had any other ideas of companies that ship from Juneau or if there is some other cost effective method to bring a boat down from there other than personally driving up and trailering it back? Other than this issue it does seem like a good deal...
AstoriaDave

City/Region: Astoria
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Lynden's competitor, also, although that number sounds about right. Shipping is not cheap. http://www.samsontug.com

Locals ship gillnet boats, etc., up to AK, in lieu of running up from Astoria. If someone reliable has free time, you might get them to trailer it down ... your vehicle, though. And then there is Canadian Customs in the loop, also.

Kushtaka

City/Region: Cordova
C-Dory Year: 1993
Photos: Kushtaka
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved several boats to and from Alaska using the bidding proccess on uship.com. It's great.

Most likely, the least expensive way to get the boat here is via the Alaska Marine Highway System. You can get it loaded by a contractor in Juneau, or wherever it is (Sitka?), and then at any location where it needs to be offloaded and reloaded onto a different boat there are usually contractors who will do that. If there is a community without any contractor available the ferry will move the boat for you for no cost, but they are not allowed to compete with a local business, so they only do this when no contractor exists.

I'd bet you could get it down there for around a thousand bucks. But I'd be willing to be the Alaskans don't let this one get away. There are a ton of people around here that want a CDory.

I don't think the power necessarily ready to replace at their age and time. Well cared for, these motors are about halfway used up. Screaming deal for someone here.
bobjarrard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Alaska C-22 has buyer Reply with quote

Talked to the seller today and he told me he has a buyer at the bank and backups to boot. His comment "Wish I had more of these to sell!".
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: