The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/13 - 01/15 - Seattle Boat Show/C-Brat Convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one SMALL problem Dave. "Dead Guy Ale " IS an existing brew brewed by a small brewery in Oregon, Roque. Other than that, its a great idea.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
Only one SMALL problem Dave. "Dead Guy Ale " IS an existing brew brewed by a small brewery in Oregon, Roque. Other than that, its a great idea.

David, please excuse my ignorance, but since I only drink beer from the Snoqualamie Falls Brewery....how was I to know!!! Wink

C-Brat #16
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I know why they are called the beer guys! I had no idea that Pat owned a brewery. Although I don't drink much I do like to try different brews from time to time. Sure wish I was there. Crying or Very sad

The next brat gathering I get to I know whose boat to visit.
Steve
DaveS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seabran wrote:
Well now I know why they are called the beer guys! I had no idea that Pat owned a brewery.

The next brat gathering I get to I know whose boat to visit.
Steve

Steve,
The above should read....no idea that Pat and David owned.....and....whose boats to visit.
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So name it Dead Pirate Ale! Smile

I'm still waiting on a good sugar free Root Beer from you guys! Embarrased

Seriously though... I don't drink anything alchoholic so even though the brewing process really interests me I don't enjoy the results.

Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously, MAYBE what we should bring to the factory is two or three pony kegs - Avalanche Winter Ale (tastes better to me this year than it ever has), Wildcat IPA for the fanatics or PGA...how is that for a plan?

Pat,
I don't know about pony kegs - up here in Canada we always think of Clydesdale kegs! After all size matters! Laughing Judging from the number of folks attending the factory do, maybe you should be charging a small donation fee for your beverages! I know I sure wouldn't mind contributing!
Ron
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thought Ron, but the whole reason Pat and I have each sunk multiple tens of thousands into the brewery over the last 8 years is so we can have free beer at home and occasionally provide for our friends. And if you are a C-Dory owner, past owner, wana be owner or just curious about them, you are friends.

For our friends to the north. The US Government way back when, decided that the unit of beer to be taxed would be a barrel of beer. A barrel of beer is 31 US gallons. No brewery sells beer in 1 barrel units (because it would weigh in the neighorhood of 320 lbs. So a keg of beer is the 15.5 gal 1/2 barrel. A pony keg is a 1/4 barrel (7.75 gal US).

End of leason.
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
Thanks for the lesson in keggin beer! Its always interesting to find out that the reason for the way things are packaged or sold often comes down to a way things were taxed way back when! I'm sure the keg sizes up here have originated for much the same reasons.
It must be a bit of a "definition of success" for you and Pat to be able to share the fruits of your labours (canuck spelling) with your friends. And thanks for including us northerly neighbours in that group. I hope some day we get to return the hospitality.
Looking forward to meeting you and many of "your friends" tomorrow!
Ron
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard another reason to be nice to Canadians - they're rich! The oil sands of Alberta may be a bigger supply than the middle east reserves, according to recent US news. Production could be significant within ten years?
Personally, I like them Canadians any way, they are allot like Alaskans, at least in the West. (Except for that tuk stuff.) If it bears out, I'm not sure if it will be a curse or a blessing.

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great party tonite. Lots of good food, good friends and cheer. Tom played the banjo with great skill and lots of folks sang along with skill (some great, not me). Roger, we can't thank you enough for organizing this get togethr.
Now for the factory gathering tomorrow and the 'skins beating the 'hawks (sorry Pat). (Although not very sorry)

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
DaveS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home from the party and agree with everything Charlie said including the part about the HAWKS PLUCKING THE SKINS SKINLESS TOMORROW! Laughing

Met lots of fine folks I hadn't met before, saw and spoke with many I had met before. Great food and excellent beer (so I'm told)....I had to drive home so it was a "coffee and milk" afternoon and night for me. I'll be back down there tomorrow evening!
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's well past human bedtime, but since I'm nocturnal I thought I'd paw a quick note about tonight's affair.

Every time we get together like this, it's apparent all over again how much all you folks mean to me. In a whirlwind world where people too often fail to connect meaningfully, where friendships die over time, we defy the widespread absence of lasting association and fellowship. And when those with whom I disagree online are sitting next to me talking and sharing experiences, laughing, and feeding me fishy snacks, my perspective is reexamined. (No wonder lobbyists are so effective.)

Thanks to all of you for your sincere and enthusiastic participation tonight, and for all the food dishes you kindly brought.
I just don't know any other place quite like this.
Love
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Wasn't that a party! Thank you, Roger and Lisbeth for putting this together...thank you, all you folks who came from Alaska, Oregon, California, Arkansas, Maryland, Virginia, New York, and I don't know from how many other places, to make this such a wonderful gathering! Thank you, everyone who brought all that great food (not to slight anyone, but CAVU Ken - that smoked salmon was fabulous!) - and you are WELCOME for the beer! Thank you, Terraplane Tom for letting me bellow out The Chester River Song and those other great songs! This CBC was fantastic, simply the best ever! Mike and Kay and Jamie and Tiffany, the Tyboo crew, we missed you guys, but are so happy for you - your priorities are in EXACTLY the right places! On to the game today (GO HAWKS!) and the factory shindig tonight. For all you folks who could not make it - start making your plans RIGHT NOW to attend the SBS / CBC next year!!!!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: So, what I'm hearing... Reply with quote

... is I'm going to have to learn to fish AND drink beer? Mr. Green

I'm sure Tom thought we were "lightweights" when we were out on his boat and he found out we don't fish. And now this beer-education I'm getting.Crook Sure wish we could be there to meet the rest of you fine folks, but there is more to our having to come back early saga. As some of you know, tomorrow is my Mother-in-laws birthday and Joan insisted that we be back for that. In a tough break (literally), the old gal fell and broke her arm this morning and is in surgery right now. Good thing we were back in Texas.

Again, what a pleasure it was to meet those of you at the SBS. We are excited as can be to get our 25 and join you on some adventures. I've read the brochure so many times I'm wearing the ink off it. Thanks also to those that have posted photos here... we're getting lots of good ideas.

Enjoy the gathering!

Best wishes,
Jim & Joan (aka James TX/SD)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: