The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/14 - 10/16 - Apalachicola Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interest of fairness , Gill did answer his e mail !
I have also secured 2 bags of local oysters !
Marc

jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals .Loree and I will not be able to attend the Gathering we cancelled out a few weeks ago with Deloris Roux cabins .I told her to call Mark hopefully she did . I have been so busy with working(at a vo-tec school ) that I just can't get away right now .Hope to see my C-brat friends at the St John's gathering in March. Have fun and we say Hi to all Jim and Loree( Duck) Jennykatz

I can't believe that being RETIRED I'm way busier then before

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave you will be missed. I cannot remember a year when you two were not present! Our thoughts will be with you for the Gall Bladder surgery! Good luck--these days it is a lot easier than it was 50 years ago! Maybe it is good you waited all of this time!

Jim and Loree we will miss you also--seems like you have been there every year too. See you at St. Johns.

See you there, next year!

Mac--good catch on the Oysters. For those who don't know--Apalachicola oysters are getting harder to get--due to a number of factors--still the best in the world.

We will be on the road on Thursday AM and be there Thursday afternoon.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave sorry to hear about your gallbladder issues hopefully all goes smoothly and we'll see you before next year in Apalachicola since we're kind of Neighbors!
Marc
tomherrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting ready to head down on Thursday and we’re interested in knowing what time we should be there to help with set up. Having not been to one of these before, is there – I almost hate to use the word – an activities “agenda”?

Is there something we can contribute to the food scene? We could make something ahead or pick up ingredients locally. LL has celiac disease and has to avoid foods with gluten, so we make provisions for that.

After blowing through Florida last week, just before Matthew, I ended up at a restaurant overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Maybe it’s just the times, but those oysters didn’t hold a candle to the ones at Lynn’s. I remember Chesapeake oysters being pretty darned good 30 years ago…

LL and I are looking forward to this.
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom we have the most agenda free gathering there is. We've got lots of food including many gluten-free options and we just figure out what we need to do and do it so we'll look forward to seeing you and will be in an out there'starting tomorrow .
You both could go on a shrimp and oyster diet and swine and salad diet for a couple days . Interspersed with a beverage or 2 .
G-FREE omelettes in the am too.....
Marc
voyager638

City/Region: tallahassee
C-Dory Year: 2014
Vessel Name: LAST HOORAH
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Tallahassee. I note you will be going to Apalachicola on Thursday to set up for the weekend gathering. Need any help?

David Buchanan
850-556-4167
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post ! We will start schlepping stuff tomorrow and we will have a few things to do . Tables come thurs or Fri,porta potti,cooking equip, we kinda seat of the pants it together . If your shucking skills are good there is always an oyster knife with your name on it Fri and Sat ...........
Marc
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wefings wrote:
Tom we have the most agenda free gathering there is.

You have to love this guy! Not only is he one of the premier boat dealers in the country, an excellent Twitter picture poster, a much appreciated supporter of this forum, and an all around great guy, he is the personification of the C-Brat spirit!

I hope you all have a wonderful time and be sure to keep it up every year. One of these times I am going to show up on the dock.

voyager638

City/Region: tallahassee
C-Dory Year: 2014
Vessel Name: LAST HOORAH
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Tallahassee. I note you will be going to Apalachicola on Thursday to set up for the weekend gathering. Need any help?

David Buchanan
850-556-4167
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was addressing your question above . Moral support and we dont have a specific task to give you . That another way to say it !
Marc
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet for smoker secured . Just caught last few hours ....
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to take a moment to thank Marc at Wefings for hosting a fantastic gathering again this year. Not a lot of boats but lot's of great boaters! Of course there is a good selection of C-Dorys and other quality boats at Wefings that are available for most every purpose! Marc goes out his way to get you the right boat. Thanks also to Dr. Bob and Marie for their outstanding help with this gathering. There were many others....again THANKS to all.

Made a lot of new friends all the way from Alaska to South Florida. And kicked around with previous friends. Does not get better than that! (I was going to say"old friends" but everyone was "young of heart".

Joyce and I will be hosting a gathering in March at Hontoon Island on the St. Johns River in Florida. Hope to see everyone there!

Till next time.... Tom and Joyce

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add to what Tom and Joyce already put on the Apalachicola gathering.

Great job by Marc, Anita, Ron and rest of the Wefing's staff. Marc always goes all out. He is far more than a boat dealer. He not only cares about the boats, his customers, but any boater who comes along. He does not discriminate against a person who just asks questions and kicks tires. (Of course we would all love to see new C Brats) Marc is not only one of the best boat dealers in the country, but a great chef, brewer, musician, and a wonderful friend!

I also agree with what a great gathering to make new friends and see some who have been around for many times. Those who have sold their CDory's are always part of the family. We had 5 RV's--and only 2 boats at the actual gathering....

Yesterday after a 4 1/2 hour drive home, I slept for about 14 hours--this getting old has its disadvantages!

This morning, I downloaded about 90 photos to the computer, "Light Shopped" the, raw images, and converted to JPEG--I put 70 photos up on the ALBUM

I titled this gathering the "year of the dogs"--if you browse thru you will see why one of our best entertainment was watching the dogs. We had about 10--several didn't manage to make their photo debut, but it was a hoot!

The food was outstanding as always--Marc has a way with the smoker--chicken is the best I have tasted. Mullet was fantastic. The pig was under the control of "Dave" the local Honda outboard rep--and as good as ever.

The music this year was perfect for me--not everyone stayed, but I hung around until after 11 PM--and could have listened on further, but I think that after over 3 hours of playing (and then breaking down the setup, and driving back to Panama City...) it was far more than any of us would have expected. Great talent, who just love the music! How important music can be in our lives!

Thanks to all who helped to make this a fantastic gathering. Some great new and future C Brats...as well as good old friends. See you all at St. John's in March...

Thanks to all!
BillE

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: BillE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first gathering, our first trip on a C-Dory! First and foremost let me say that this group of C-Brats are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people that I have ever met in my life. Nobody should ever feel any trepidation in attending such an event, as my wife and I are both boatless and clueless and we were welcomed with open arms. We got so much helpful advice that it was impossible to take it all in.
Some highlights:
Rusty and Mary Jo (Una Mas) showed us their very cool Venture 23 and talked enthusiastically about cruising in their C-Dory.
Tom and Joyce (C-Otter) took us for a cruise on the river and up a remote creek, a very new-to-us and most entertaining journey.
and Marc Grove, wow, what can you say. That guy worked his butt off making sure that everyone had a great time. He gave us free reign at this shop to check out everything all without the slightest hint of sales pressure.
We also got to meet many more C-Brats. I won't attempt a list as I would leave some off, but everyone there was both fun and informative.

We learned a lot and had a blast, thanks to all.
Bill & Sherry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: