The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - 2006 Cape Cruiser Venture 23 $39,500 (Everett, WA)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcr_pnw

City/Region: Puget Sound
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Photos: Sea Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: SOLD - 2006 Cape Cruiser Venture 23 $39,500 (Everett, WA) Reply with quote

2006 Cape Cruiser Venture 23 $39,500 (Everett, WA)

Sadly, the time has come to part with my fishing and cruising partner. We’ll be moving up in size a bit to accommodate longer cruises and the wife wants a stand up head. She is in fishing mode, so offering an “early bird” price of $39,500 should somebody want to take ASAP possession of her and round out the summer on the water then spruce her up over the winter. Turn key and ready to go with moorage at Everett Marina paid through the end of the month.

If no interest, I’ll be bringing her home to have a full detail done and put her back in clean cruising mode and relist at a bit higher price come fall.

Includes two Scotty 1106 Electric Downriggers

Boat has white hull with contrasting blue accents and tan interior cushions and blue rear bimini cover.

Engines: Dual 60HP Yamaha fuel injected (very economical, about 7 gal/hr combined at mid-20’s cruise). Motors run perfect at 1000 hours young and have been very well maintained with factory Yamaha parts. 900 hour service done at beginning of season including full tune up, spark plugs, Racor filter, all onboard filters, lower unit gear case, water pump, and VST filters. Ethanol free fuel used whenever possible as well as Stabil and Ring Free at fill up. Just had them into Cascade Marine in Everett to do the VST and had a new buyer inspection done; OEM VST filters installed and passed inspection with flying colors.

2015-2016 Improvements

All deck hardware (rail, cleats, ect) was removed last summer, holes over-drilled and filled with thickened epoxy before hardware was replaced. This keeps the core isolated from any water intrusion over time.

Three inspection ports installed. One in cockpit, one inside door, and one in v-berth (also isolated with epoxy).

Custom fiberglass fish/storage box (with drain) built into splashwell. This has been the greatest improvement made to the C-Dory in my opinion.

Two new Interstate deep cycle batteries installed along with new terminal wiring and bus bar just put in at beginning of summer.

Electronics: Raymarine C-80 Radar, Raydome, chart plotter w/ west coast chip, fishfinder/sounder. Raymarine VHF radio. In-dash Bluetooth FM/AM stereo.

Other Accessories:
* Lewmar windlass, anchor and 200' of rode (including 20’ of chain).
* Reversible port side passenger seat and bunk.
* Full interior privacy curtains.
* Twin aluminum 32 gallon fuel tanks.
* Lenco trim tabs with position gauges.
* 30 amp shore power, cord, and onboard battery charger.
* Stainless sink with tank and running water (tank removed for cleaning right now).
* Freshwater wash down.
* Refrigerator.
* Port and starboard wipers.
* Blue Bimini top for cockpit.
* Removable swim ladder.
* Safety gear/lines.

Trailer: Magic Tilt aluminum tandem axel, side guides and spare tire with surge disc breaks. Also had this in for inspection, pads and bearings all good.

SEA STAR ON THE WATER

SEA STAR ON TRAILER

FISH BOX

INTERIOR

SCOTTY 1106

TRAILER
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rig! GLWYS

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
tcr_pnw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of interest in Sea Star with offers in the works but nothing solidified yet. To preemptively answer some common questions from interested parties:

Why am I selling?
Long story short, I plan on running a fishing/cruising charter service in a nonprofit/charity capacity for organizations such as Salmon for Soldiers, Wounded Warriors, Boys and Girls Club, etc. some of these organizations require a standup head. That and a little bit more cockpit space will be beneficial. I had originally not planned on selling this boat for years to come if ever at all.

Wallas Stove
I removed it. I found it to be finicky and require too much maintenance. That and not very effective. You could not defog the windows. I had planned on installing a forced air Webosto or Espar. Coupled with a simpler, yet effective alcohol cooking stove which could be stowed when not in use.

23 vs 22 and quality of Cape Cruiser builds
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=21536

Why install inspection ports?
Its well documented that the Ventures could get water under the cabin floor. Most all of them to some extent. Water came through either a missplaced anchor locker drain or the Wallace heater vent. No hull issues, just an annoyance. The anchor locker drain on my boat is properly placed. Any water that accumulated came through the Wallace vent. The vent is simply low to the waterline and in a heavy sea could seep water. This can be remedied with a clamshell cover on the outside and/or a better vent flange. Since I removed the stove, the vent is sealed in a non-permanent capacity so it can be reconnected if a heater is installed again in the future.

Why re-bed all the deck hardware and seal the core with epoxy?
Because the factories do not! Sealant placed around deck hardware will eventually fail and even the smallest failure will cause water to absorb into the coring. I did not want that to ever be an issue and suggest everyone who owns a balsa cored boat do the same. If you search the forums, many C-Brats have done the same. Now you'll never have to worry about coring issues on the deck hardware.

Any other questions, feel free to shoot me a message or ask here. Thanks for looking.

Troy
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised that someone has not jumped on this already. This is a very clean, well equipped boat at a good price. Good combination of engines. Good luck in selling. Someone is going to get a very nice boat!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe its not sold yet. I've fished on this boat and its really a great setup. Fuel injected motors and digital controls were a huge upgrade from our 22, as well as the bigger 23 hull. My favorite addition is that fishbox/cooler you added. Good luck Troy, you shouldn't need it your boats very nice.
tcr_pnw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Star is sold! Mods, please move to Market Reference forum. Trailer is still for sale and will post separately.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: