View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Bad news, good news Reply with quote

Well...Da Nag has sold. Without getting overly dramatic, 'twas a painful thing watching her being towed away. She was primarily a reflection of my wants and tastes, but so much of that was shaped by input from this great community.

She was sold to Anthony Komindr, a gentleman from Sonoma, CA who was a joy to do business with. He will primarily use her for fishing out of Bodega Bay. He was introduced to C-Dory's by his neighbor Gordon, who owns a 22 Cruiser and came on over for a fun-filled afternoon of boat purchasing. There's some relief in knowing she's going to a very appreciative owner.

He's also the proprietor of a local Thai Restaurant - here's a writeup from a food critic. This was a factor during negotiations - in addition to my getting a fair price, he threw in 2 dinners for 4... Laughing

Also, I can now relate to how TyBoo Mike must have felt at Sequim, when out of the blue, a great opportunity presented itself. I'd only had a couple of calls on Da Nag prior to Anthony - not surprising, this is a tough time of year to sell a boat. I had pretty much accepted the fact that folks wouldn't start looking until after the January boat shows, or later in to spring. Which of course, would mean a delay in getting my new 22, and being without a boat during one of the best parts of the season.

As it turns out, the timing of the sale will make my trip this week to the Cornett Bay gig all the more enjoyable. With proceeds in hand, Les will be getting an order (did anyone really wonder where I'd be getting my new 22?), and I'll have all weekend long to go over the final configuration details with the best group of folks a guy could ask for.

Sometimes, things just seem to work out.

Not sure if Anthony or Gordon will be joining us here, but if so, they'll fit right in. Make sure and shout the C-Brat howdy to them if your paths should cross.

Here's the last pic of Da Nag...on her way home with her new owner (Anthony on the right, pictured with 22 Cruiser owner and friend Gordon.) For now, Anthony will be keeping the name, which suits me just fine.

Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Bill, now the fun begins. I've got a list of things I want you to put on your new boat so I can see how they work out. If your reviews are to the affirmitive then I will be adding them to the Anita Marie. First one would be that 12VDC plasma TV/Chartplotter.
Da Nag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS_Rick wrote:
First one would be that 12VDC plasma TV/Chartplotter.

Oh yeah - widescreen with surround sound...and need an inverter to run the popcorn machine... Film
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Bill!! I'm betting that pain from selling Da Nag will subside some once you step onboard your new vessel. Mr. Green I'm gonna miss that name "Da Nag" though. I thought it was very catchy.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad news, good news Reply with quote

Believe it or not (but believe it!), I felt kind of the same way driving away from Crabby Lou II when we left her in Kent at the C-Dory factory as our trade-in for Daydream...every boat is something special to somebody, the fun times and memories we have of them...
Da Nag wrote:
Well...Da Nag has sold. Without getting overly dramatic, 'twas a painful thing watching her being towed away.
Cynthia - CLou

C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ! ! ! What a slick deal! A bit bittersweet though, but we couldn't be more excited for you and Dana. Now you can have a beautiful new 22' with a locking door... Too much fun now on outfitting her!

I've definately got DIBS on the dinner! ! !

Cynthia
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a new 22' sounds Fantastic....Congratulations. Selling and buying boats and at the same time spending lots of time on building a new and successful C-Brat site.....life can't get much better!
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Timing is everything! Reply with quote

Timing may not be "quite" everything but it sure helps and in this case it looks like it worked out perfectly.

I was impressed with your outfitting of DaNag and I can imagine there was a little of your soul in her. All I can say is if you liked the 19' your gonna love the 22',

Congrats on the quick sale (there was no doubt in my mind).

Mark
Redƒox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Reply with quote

OK. I was mad at TyBoo for selling the TyBoo, now I'm mad at DaNag for selling the DaNag..... Surprised arg Surprised lol
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, Congratulations on getting into the new 22. Looking forward to seeing you all at Cornet Bay this week-end. Will be over on Sat for the night.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool Bill. You're going to the right place to pick it out. We can guess what type toys you want on it but what does Dana have on her list of "Has to Have"?
This whole move up to a 22 cruiser looks like you're getting things in order for that relocation to the upper left edge.
Congratulations, we"ll expect to see the list of equipment at the SBS.
Tim
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad news won't get any worse, and the good news will just keep getting better, so it looks like a winner all around. Good for you guys. It has been especially neat to watch the C-Bratification of Miss Gee through the past year. She went from putting up with your boat to you getting hers.

Now remember - I need just a few minutes of Les' time next weekend.

Da Nag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn Marie wrote:
...but what does Dana have on her list of "Has to Have"?

Oh, that's an easy and amazingly short list...

- She has to have someone else rig it this time. It was agreed that having me disappear for three months into the back yard was not going to happen again... Rolling Eyes

- She has to have me work a bunch of overtime for the next few months to pay for it all

- She has to have curtains

Piece of cake - the above is nothing compared to my list... Laughing
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bill!

Changing boats, eh? Hmmmm, I've done that once or twice and advice is free! Wallet pain is a given. Curtains, now we could negotiate for the ones in ex-TyBoo I guess. Got any old smelt??

Little Buddy is ready! Heater checked, and I'll have the batteries up to full. Hope she floats, huh. I'm on my way to morning latte at EQ with Les and Kath -- and to plan a launching ceremony for Lil Buddy. Just moving boats to get her out of the stack is going to take an op plan.

Cheers,

Dusty [/img]

Da Nag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dusty,

Your experience will be drawn upon this weekend, rest assured...and while I'm no master smoker like our good buddy Jon, I'll have the obligatory slab o' fish in hand to show my thanks. I'll only promise that it will be edible...

Also, I can't thank you and Les enough for making the Little Buddy option available to me this weekend. Not only does the cheapskate side of me appreciate not having to grab a motel room, but it will be great to be able to stay with the gang...Beer Beer Beer

Oh - and don't be so modest with your profile signature. There's two missing 22's, one of which provided several rigging inspirations for Da Nag... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: