Anchoring in Eastsound?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Anchoring in Eastsound? Reply with quote

Planning a day trip to Eastsound Orcas Island to meet up with some friends. I see there is a public dock, Eastsound Public Dock, which might be a good option to tie up for a few hours. But if the dock is full, as I suspect it will be on a summer weekend, Plan B would be to anchor out in Fish Bay and take the dinghy ashore. Since I've never anchored here (or for that matter I've never even been that far into Eastsound!), thought I'd check to see if anyone else has done so, and if this is a safe anchorage? Guessing it's a mud bottom from looking at the charts?

Thanks,
-Mike
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We entertained the thought of anchoring in Eastsound a few years ago but didn't actually do it. There were several boats that did however. The shore dries out all the way to the little Island at low tide so be sure to allow enough room. Your boat would be the perfect size for the small dock but timing is critical. Let us know how it goes.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Hopefully no problem to find a spot at the dock for the 16, but there is also a chance the trip might be made in a 22, and either way I suspect the dock could be completely full on a Saturday in August so just want to be prepared to anchor out if necessary.

Thanks again,
-Mike
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Thanks! Hopefully no problem to find a spot at the dock for the 16, but there is also a chance the trip might be made in a 22, and either way I suspect the dock could be completely full on a Saturday in August so just want to be prepared to anchor out if necessary.

Thanks again,
-Mike

I would plan on it Mike. The dock is pretty small, I believe only room enough for 1 boat on each side IIRC.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: