The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - Sea Wolf is Ready for a New Skipper!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Sea Wolf is Ready for a New Skipper! Reply with quote

Sea Wolf is ready for a new Skipper!

It’s with great reluctance that I must offer my 1987 C-Dory 22 Cruiser up for a new owner to enjoy, but health issues have limited my use so much recently, that this C-Dory would be of better use making some new person into a happy C-Brat and C-Dory owner.

1987 C-Dory 22 Cruiser (modern hull, 1987-Present). Hull laid January 7, 1987, #286) Two owner boat, mine since 1998. Hand built, early model without flaws, production hurry-ups. Care shows in lay-up, finish details.

2005 Yamaha 90 hp Four-Stroke Long Shaft, Fuel injected, computer controlled, DOHC engine with just under 200 hours. The 200 hour service has been completed. Includes two 3 bladed props (17” & 15” pitch, and new/unused Solas 4 blade 15” prop, plus prop wrench and spare parts kit. I have the factory shop manual for the engine in pdf form and will email it to the new owner. Fuel is fed through stainless Racor filter body with replaceable cartridge. Motor has “The Edge” hydrofoil which I thought was the best match with the engine mounted electric trolling motor (below).

Aires 500 Windlass with both helm console controls and a wired remote to go up on foredeck Through the hatch and operate the windlass on deck. Includes 100 feet of G4 High-Test Acco Chain, 250 feet of New England Ropes 3-strand white nylon anchor cordage, and Fortress FX-16 Danforth type Aluminum Alloy Anchor with stainless swivel link. (This is a BIG Fortress, recommended for up to 38 foot boats!) Lewmar pivoting/drop-down anchor roller for self-launching.

Minn-Kota Engine Mounted Electric Trolling motor (mounted on top of anti-ventilation plate and hydrofoil)), with 42 pounds of thrust and F-N-R direction control.This drives the boat from 0 up to 2 mph for slow trolling in freshwater lakes. Minimum speed with the Yamaha is about 2 mph.

Four group 27 Marine Deep Cycle batteries with full switching controls and Vectron 40 amp charger with four level automatic charging, plus a anti-sulfation cycle, and alternator output tester.

Propane accessories: Wedgewood 3-burner propane galley stove. Force 10 Cozy Cabin Heater with ducting. Propane and carbon monoxide safety sensors (may be due for replacement/updating). 5 gallon propane tank inside of engine well. Electric controls and switches. Additionally has a vent/hatch over stove for venting cooking odors, and a galley fan. + Laminated 10” x 18” cutting board.

Full lighting in cabin per per standard equipment, plus florescent light over cabin door, and two red/white map lights under electronic shelf. 12 foot long string of red LED lights above heads surround inside cabin.

External lighting: Full original Coast Guard required lighting, plus Ray-Line bow rail mounted remote controlled flood / spot light, a second manually operated spotlight on rear of cabin, plus two front and two rear cabin mounted flood lights.

V-berth cabin has sealed window ports near the bow for some interior lighting and an open feeling. The standard bow hatch in the deck does not leak, provides fresh air, and gives access to the bow when attending anchor.

Electric windshield wipers port and starboard, manual wiper has been added to the center window.

1100 gph Rule bilge pump in sump under engine well. Two manual controls, one under engine well, second one at helm station.

Two Penn 600 Fanthom Master manual downriggers complete with mountings and weights. Two Fish-On Rod Holders with multiple mounts in cockpit.. Rod storage on rear of cabin bulkhead for 6 rods, with lock-down cover for safe rod/reel storage. Two galvanized, approximately four foot long compartmentalized tackle & boat gear boxes with lids under the gunnels.

Live well with pump and controls built into the port lazarette compartment.

Blue Dri-Deck over red indoor/outdoor carpet on cockpit floor. Same carpet on the floor in the cabin interior.

120 quart Igloo cooler mounted over engine well in cockpit. Cooler can be set on floor and the tray that is part of the mount used for rigging, food serving, bait prep, etc.

Three ladders on board: Windline TDL 3-step ladder mounted on the bow for beach access, two rung ladder/swim step mounted off port stern transom in rear for MOB safety, and portable 3-rung over the gunnel ladder for cockpit swim access.

EZ-Loader galvanized tandem axle roller trailer. New tires 2016 (under 20 miles use so far.) New rear axle seals and repack. Front axle has complete new brakes:hubs, rotors, bearings, seals, calipers, pads, and flex lines. Includes new surge brake master actuator. Brake lights and all wiring were completely replaced two years ago, used twice since then and 100% operational (and 300+% better than original, did it myself to aircraft like standards). Brakes have lock-out for backing up. Trailer has long, high mounted guide-ons for easy loading / unloading. Two speed manual winch, and front trailer tongue jack. Includes safety chains, straps, break-aways, etc. Has new spare tire on trailer side mount.

Electronics: I have used this boat to fish and cruise freshwater lakes and the California Delta for the past 18 years. As such, I’ve never felt the need to update the electronics, as one would if going offshore., as these venues all can be navigated by visual familiarity. So most of the electronics equipment is older, but it all still works (except for the Loran, which was operationally discontinued by the government a few years back.) If you’re going to do the same, maybe the boat has all you need. OTOH, if you need the latest offshore equipment, what the boat has can be easily disposed of and won’t be costing you a lot of money upfront in the current sales price.

Radar: Raytheon Model R20 Raster Scan Radar System 3kw, 16 mile range.

Fish Finders (2):

Hummingbird: Wide Vision Dual Transponder Unit with speedometer.

Eagle: FG-80 Video Graph with speedometer.

Radios: (Includes all required matching antennas.)

VHF: Uniden MC 535. (5 years old, almost used).

CB: Cobra: 19XS. (Talk to truckers, CHP, Sheriff’s Department, etc.)

Sony AM/FM automotive radio, includes cassette deck.

Inverter: Chicago Electric 700 watt / 1800 watt peak Model 91848 12vdc to 12vac. wired to 120 vac system with removeable gfi unit and multiple outlets.

120 vac / 1800 watt portable heater for shore power use included.

Loran: (Discontinued) As noted, this is now non-operational, but you can remove it and use the space on the console and the stainless antenna mount for something else.) The Loran system is still used in some parts of the world, and the unit and the matching antenna can be sold on ebay.

All standard equipment included: 2-18 gallon fuel tanks, 20 gallon fresh water tank, electric galley faucet, stainless sink, dinette/convertible berth, helm seat, steering/helm console, v-berth, Porta-Potti (unused in 29 years), full cushions, storage lockers under galley, dinette seats, dinette and helm floor, etc. Standard ice box with tray under helm seat. Full, original enamel type (washable) Zolatone interior. Stainless helm steering wheel with spinner knob. Ritchie compass. Bomar deck hatch. Has Decagard plastic/marine wooden plywood interior for easy modifications and nice true marine look.

Also includes: Electric analog console clock. Electric heater/defroster for center window. Third map light under electronics shelf. Two oscillating fans to defrost side center windows or cool passengers in summer mounted under electronics shelf. 5” ship’s chromed bell, C-Brat, burgee, US Nautical flag, two pennant staffs (bow and cabin rear), boat hook, 15” fish bonker/gaff, dual electric horn, Galaxy 750 watt compact microwave, 3 adult Sears Yachtsman (by Sterns) life vests and one child's life vest, a throwable cushion (CG required), drink holders, etc., etc..

Cosmetics: I haven’t been able to take care of the waxing and appearance items of this boat as much as I would have liked to for the past several years. However, except for a week or so each year for the past ten years or so this boat’s been stored in my RV Barn., so the wear and tear has been next to zero for that period. How are your rubbing out and waxing skills? Ha! The navy blue accent stripe has a few dings that could be fixed.

Bottom Paint: We had the bottom epoxy coated and painted with anti-fouling paint when we first acquired it. I kept the bottom paint done over and effective until we started “dry-sailing” the boat (not moored in the water), quite a few years back. The anti fouling paint is still there, but the effectiveness is probably close to zero. If moored in the future, it will have to be re-painted with the type of paint effectively used in the new region of use, as bottom paints are generally not universally effective, and specific geographic regions require specific paints.

I have most all of the owners manuals for all of the equipment listed above which will be forwarded with the boat.

Price: $24,995 as above, all included. Send me an email or pm. I will pick from the respondents and select one to work the details out with. In the event the first chosen buyer doesn't pan out, I'll move on down the line. I am interested in moving forward relatively quickly on the sale. We have a surveyor in Reddding (at your expense) if that's your desire. Sea trial on Lake Shasta, of course.

Thanks! Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Photos: (Also see my album, but don’t confuse the boat for sale with photos of my Sea Ray or the late Arnie Huff’s CD-19.)

boat

engine mounted trolling motor

anchor equiment (ground tackle)

lighting, front, exterior

galley, stoves (microwave, not shown)

beach ladder

rear bulkhead/ fishing rod rack

cabin door

cooler rack

trailer wiring

red interior lights

boat on trailer

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"say it ain't so Joe!" alas, I know it is. What a great boat (& trailer), a great price, and a great skipper. Anyone looking for the excellent combination of a well kept, well equipped older hull with a newer fuel injected Yamaha, at a great price, this is the answer to your dream. Let 'er go Joe, take care of yourself, stick around (and think about a 16 footer some day). All the best, MartyP

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty-

Thanks for the well wishes!

I may be giving up my 22, but I'm not planning on going anywhere too soon, though the powers that be above may have other plans!

I'll still be a fixture of sorts around here for some time to come. Kinda like home to me. Dropping out entirely would be akin to losing an old friend of 20 (actually eighteen) years.

We'll think about that 16 idea a bit, it may hold some promise in that its a boat sized in a range I can still handle.

Thanks!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are selling the 22. Understand why! But...

A great boat for someone at a good price!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Joe

SeaWolf is an outstanding boat and I commend you on the upkeep and maintence

One lucky person will get a turnkey boat!

Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that his boat has been used almost exclusively in fresh water since I've owned it from 1998 onward, and fully flushed the few times it was in salt water.

The fellow that owned it before me from Roseville, California, used it mostly in the California Delta and Valley/ Foothill lakes as well.

The original Evinrude 90 hp 2-stroke was replaced with only 600 hours on it, and the new motor has just under 200, for a total of 800 hours over 29 years for a total average of 27-1/2 hours running per year!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: saw her one time at Shasta Reply with quote

We tried to catch you one time to say "Hi" when we were house boating out of Bridge Bay but you were too fast for our tender! She is a beautiful boat. This is the first time we are going to Powell instead of Shasta for our lake trip. would have been nice to bring a new boat home with the Tundra.
Bob Jarrard
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Great modifications and ingenuity. Great price too. Good luck.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All-

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Don't be afraid to shoot me an email or PM if you're interested in my boat.

I'm not shooting for a fixed price or special deal, just a new responsible owner that will take care of my long-time friend! Laughing

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear you must sell your boat, Joe. But I recall Bill Fiero saying, when he and El sold Halcyon, that it will happen to us all someday.
Best regards and wishes,
Al

C-Val

City/Region: White Rock
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Seaduced
Photos: C-Val
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe
If I had not have bought my 1988 angler a couple of years ago I would totally buy yours no questions asked
Your wisdom and knowledge of the C Dory world has been one of my main sources of inspiration since I first became a member
We have been learning to camp with our angler by making a cover for the cockpit and building a shelf over the gunnel for stoves or bbqs Not as nice as your setup but we are learning to be contented and make do
When I read your post I turned to my wife and said our turn to sell is eventually coming too as we are all on the same path---we decided to do another boat camp this weekend!!
Whoever buys your boat is lucky!
Wish you the best on your sale!
David and Val

1988 22' Angler
Baja Captain

City/Region: Camp sherman
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Sea wolf Reply with quote

Hi Joe - interested in your boat. I am a private party looking for a boat like yours for my wife and I to use in the san juans (Wa) and on freshwater in central oregon. Woukd appreciate some interior photos if possible. Thanks very much. Ken
Baja Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Sea wolf Reply with quote

Hi Joe - interested in your boat. I am a private party looking for a boat like yours for my wife and I to use in the san juans (Wa) and on freshwater in central oregon. Woukd appreciate some interior photos if possible. Thanks very much. Ken
Baja Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Sea wolf Reply with quote

Hi Joe - interested in your boat. I am a private party looking for a boat like yours for my wife and I to use in the san juans (Wa) and on freshwater in central oregon. Would appreciate some interior photos if possible. Thanks very much. Ken
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sea wolf Reply with quote

Baja Captain wrote:
Hi Joe - interested in your boat. I am a private party looking for a boat like yours for my wife and I to use in the san juans (Wa) and on freshwater in central oregon. Would appreciate some interior photos if possible. Thanks very much. Ken

Ken- OK, will do and add them here soon. Thanks! Joe.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: