The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 279, 280, 281  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
First time boarded by the Coast Guard! On the way back, in the Ship Canal...blue lights and siren, safety inspection. Everything OK, EXCEPT, the port running light was out! He wrote us up (it was still before sunset though), told us to get it fixed, send in a copy of the violation notice with proof that it was fixed...then Patty reached out and banged the sucker, and it went on!

Reckon that any time something is "broken" on Sea Shift, I'll call Patty to come fix it!

C-Brat #16
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit Home Depot after work today and got some stuff for the boat projects (if I ever get time off work to do them).

First off, whoever said they couldn't find the plastic lumber at the Longview, WA, Home D ought to check again. They still got it, and even have a new size (1 x 6). I picked up a few pieces to replenish my stock. The Home D stuff is the best, because they still get it from old-growth plastic trees.

Another thing I got was a small under-the-counter freshwater filter with replacable elements. We have been using the inline RV type filters, and were amazed by the quality improvement of the water from the tank. The new filter has a higher capacity (and longer filter life), and the replacement element is half what the disposable RV unit costs. The filter unit itself was 26 bucks, and the elements are $11 for the five micron, and $17 for the one micron. I went with the 5 micron. Boaters are tough.

The other reason for the shopping trip was 2" PVC pipe and fittings. I am doing a complete rewore soon, and will use the pipe as conduit to contain all the wires. The pipe will run from the helm to the stern, hidden all the way, and then down through the aft floor hatch and over to the battery compartment. I got tees with 1 1/2" branch to put into the conduit wherever I need to get wires out of it. It will be sealed to the bulkhead where it goes into the cabin and through the floor board, but the pipe itself will not be sealed. I will leave the ends open, with elbows pointing down, so no moisture gets trapped inside. Running wire in boats is real easy if you just tyrap it under the gunnel or wherever every few feet. But working with it after it's all tied up is a pain. I figure with the 2" conduit, and a little attention paid when running it through, will make it simple to remove or add wiring when the next electric gadget gets changed or installed. I looked at the manufactured PVC conduit and fittings, but found I could not afford them. The pipe is the same material, and will work just as well. And since I am real picky about using appropriately oversized wire runs minimum fuse sizes, there will never be any concern for heat.

Now - if they just leave me alone at work! (Fat chance - phone just rang a little bit ago, but the blessed answering machine got it.)

Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't head from TyBoo so Mike must be working. I finally had a day I didn't have to work, but the weather still came out of the bottom of a Porta Poti if you know what I mean. Even as bad as it was I did get the center section of cork flooring layed in the Lynn Marie today and I'm absolutley beside myself because of it, so things are starting to look up a bit. More tomorrow.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started whitlen up some sticks for a cheap, functional, combination kayak carrier and Africian Queen Canopy frame. Bought two tube type rod holders to mount in the motor well, back piece of frame will slide into these. Got a piece of 2x2 that I'll put some plywood legs on and strap on towards the back of the roof....easy on...easy off without buggerin up the boat.
Also picked up some pluming stuff to hook up the extra bilge pump. Got one with a float switch that I'm going to mount at the stern.
Cork floor? when do the Corrian counters go in? can't wait to see the LM

Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Aft Cover Design? Reply with quote

Ken,

Do you have any sketches/drawings/pictures of what you plan to build? I gave a fair amount of thought to doing something other than the standard camper canvas, but sort of threw-in the towel. (It seemed like I was trying to reinvent the wheel.) At the moment I'm planning to stop by King Canvas on our way North in late April, but would really like to know what you have in mind.

Thx / Casey
lorencasebeer@aol.com
stevej

City/Region: Gaston
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Shearwater
Photos: Shearwater
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Winter damage Reply with quote

Well it took a large pry bar and a 4" angle grinder with cutoff blade but I managed to get the main motor down and Shearwater on the trailer Saturday. She's at the Yamaha dealer now, they will pull the motor off and repair while Shearwater goes to the factory to get the transom damage fixed on Tuesday. C-Dory expects to have her back to me middle of Feb. or so.

The Yamaha dealer has a 2003 175hp HPDI for 2K less than I could get the new 150hp 4-stroke and my 115hp is being removed....... comes with 4 year warranty right now also. Lets see what other excuses can I make to repower.

Hope to back on the water for springers and Catlamastan

stevej

1995 25' Cruise Ship #3
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey, when I get the CKRAQCF (Combination Kayak Rack/ African Queen Canopy Frame) done I'll get some pictures up. It'll be a rather simple and rustic set up but if it sparks an idea...great
Steve....get that thing running....hope you have pot O' insurance $$$$ coming your way for the repair bill. Cheezus, there may be more 25 footers than 22' at the Cathlamet dock
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're back in Nelson, NV -- 70 degrees yesterday -- nice change from the snow in CO, but it was great to visit family up there. On Halcyon today charging batteries with shore power, cleaning 'house', and getting ready to put her in the water on either Lake Mead or Mojave in a few days. Time to be back on the water.

If you're curious about Nelson, and haven't read about the big city, you might click http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/nelson.htm Be patient, the pictures are with a new camera, and even though degraded for the web, still take a little time.

Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Steve, drop me a line or give me a call. If ye don't mind fishing on a lil 22' boat with a short cabin I'd like to get you out. I am about stir crazy and really need an excuse to go rip lips.
My buddy called me this week to see where I was fishing. When I told him the water temps had shut the bite off and I was at home he informed me he had someone on the other line (his reel was singing in the background Rolling Eyes ) He wound up with several keeper Sturgeon to the boat with the biggest being 57" and his personal best.
Now I can spell honey-do pretty well but I'd rather spell LETS GO FISHING!

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly "on" the boat, but for for the boat - Saturday we ran up to Sea Pro in Surrey, B.C. and picked up a sweet little 2.5 hp Merc outboard to match the 7'6" Mercury inflatable purchased from the ebay guy...We saw the ad for the motor in the January Nor'westing mag, $503 US, and they told us it would actually be a little less, as the Canadian dollar had just taken another nose dive. This was a 2003 model clearance, they said we would never see that price again, and I believe them. It is actually made by Tohatsu and re-branded. No problem crossing the border, we crossed at the 8th Ave truck crossing, the guy looked at the paperwork and waved us through...the paperwork says "Made in U.S. EPA stickers affixed." I am kind of glad he didn't actually look at the motor! Sooo, now we have a dinghy that will fit neatly on top and a little outboard for it, both new, total cost just around $1,000...Anxious to break them in!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again the snow and ice had to be removed from Levity's canvas top. The full canvas top from King is a piece of first class work but it does end at the middle of the transom well allowing snow and ice to gather in the well. This can freeze solid and close the drain hole and when (and if) there is a thaw significant puddling will occur. The best way to get the snow off the cover is to slide under the cover and get on the boat. Then the top can be pushed upward thereby dislodging the snow which slides down the top and lands in the transom well. Same procedure on the bow using the Bomar only here the snow falls clear. It seems that winter's l-o-n-g, summer's short! Sad

Levity's Michael
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the boat yesterday at the Landing and took it over to our local trailer service to have the bow roller raised, so it will be above the bow eye on the boat. The bow eye was always hanging on the roller.
KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
stevej

City/Region: Gaston
Vessel Name: Shearwater
Photos: Shearwater
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray thanks for the very kind offer, I made a promise to take care of some home chores for the next couple of weeks but am need of a fishing trip after that and looks like around 30 days before I get my boat back from the factory. You have Fridays off right? I'll drop you an email
BTY how's the Suzuki treating you..

The trip to the factory was good very nice group of folks up there. Good news was no structural damage to the transom. They are going to fix and gelcoat the entire transom for what I thought was a very reasonable price.
see how thw insurance co. feels about it next.
stevej
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today we had an impromtu C-Brat Gathering at EQ Marine attended by Lyle & Shelley (Bess-C), Joe and Ruth (R-Matey), Les and myself. The award for traveling the farthest to attend goes to Lyle and Shelley. Naturally, Les receives the award for the least amount of distance to travel. There was another couple that appeared that are considering a C-Dory so I invited them on to the C-Brat site. It is always good to see other satisfied C-Brats!
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little cleanup on the boat and then I went down and signed PJ and myself up for SCUBA classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 279, 280, 281  Next
Page 4 of 281

Jump to: