The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 279, 280, 281  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got Midnight Flyer cleaned up from the last month of traveling, and covered back up as it'll probably be a week or two before I have her out again. Today I also built an insert to put in the counter top where I pulled the original KISS stove out. (We had another issue with it early in our travels last month, so rather than messing with it anymore, I pulled it, and just bought a Coleman single burner portable butane stove, that worked great for the rest of the travel!) The insert is just another small section of counter top that I put some L shaped aluminum around, then siliconed into the cutout. Not perfect, but does the job.

Also, still having a small water leak issue somewhere when towing the boat in really heavy rain. I think I've narrowed it down to the center window, so will pull that later this week and reseal it.

Next trip will be in May down to Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas. Colby
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in from two weeks of live aboard Spring trials. All running great except a tiny leak still from original Seastar steering ram. It has always seeped a little. I've carried New seals aboard and this morning put them on. Pretty easy job. A bit of new oil and a bit of a bleed. Nice form helm. No leaks! The original seals have a hard plastic flat seal on the flange. The new ones a soft oring
I take it they had an issue with leaks.
Also touched up bottom paint. All set
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George, Great to see you on the site. Be even better if I can see you on the water, I need some more good C-Dory photo and video ops. Sure hope we can connect somewhere down the line this summer.

I just put SleepyC to bed for a while. Have to do some other stuff for a bit so my boating is going to be vicariously for a while. Sure a good thing C-BRATS is available. Will be watching here.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out to pump new grease into the hubs. Nope. The blue marine grease (Sta-Lube brand) had hardened so much the gun could not pump any of it. So, I spent over an hour and 3/4 a roll of paper towels dismantling and cleaning the entire thing.
hardee

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mark. Bummer. Now all better though Thumbs Up

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
localboy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank, Harvey. Should work as good as new now...but what a messy, messy job.
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently installed one of these chargers in the stern connected the Start battery (combiner to house) to support running the 12v Freezer for short periods when plugged in a home. It seems to be working well, and has enough juice to support our ice habit when pre-freezing bottles in the boat so they are ready for action WITHOUT carrying that load to and from the home after pre-freezing in the house. IT replaced a smaller unit that was working well until we added the freezer and got greedier with power wanting to run the freezer from it at times.

On more streamlining move toward easier boat use.

https://no.co/gen1

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today we wired in a dedicated power supply to the electric pot puller.
After blowing the 25 amp fuse in the downrigger power supply we went with 10-2 wire with an inline 40 amp fuse.
We also installed a sliding seat mount to raise the seat and be able to move the seat back far enough to be comfortable.
I am hoping that the last project we accomplished was to mount a wall mount plastic hose reel to one of the side mount scotty downrigger mounts.
I will try the reel out Wed. When we go out for the second day of shrimping off Camano Island

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my new bimini and camper enclosure. Just a few photos, however more can be seen in my photo album under the nested "New Bimini" album.
Colby

anchorout

City/Region: Lake Charles
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: EZ DUZIT
Photos: EZ DUZIT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: water tank Reply with quote

Having removed the water tank to make room for the new AC, I had mounted a bladder tank under the fwd-port settee. I have never been satisfied with the outcome. Today I realized the original 20 gallon tank would fit in this space, if I mounted it on a shelf. 20 gallons of water weighs 160 lbs, so the shelf is 3/4" ply on aluminum angle brackets. I plumbed it to the original fixtures. This moved the weight forward and I didn't have to fabricate a tank.
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took "Starcraft Tom" fishing up north of A-town this morning. Tom hooked into a nice salmon. Too bad he didnt land it. In all honesty, it may have been a big Fraser fish that would have to go back anyway.

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I bought the new to me Sensei it was originally a Nevada boat and trailer. the trailer is a Pacific tandem axle drum brake on only one axle. In WA state we are required to have brakes on both axles so we just finished changing it all out to new disc brakes both axles.
I called Pacific trailer and told them my predicament and they sent me about 4 boxes full of new parts that fit the trailer perfectly . The cost was about a $1000.00 with shipping so it was worth fixing instead of buying a new trailer.
Maybe in a few years when I am ready to hit the road on a quest to visit as many C-Brat gatherings as I can , I will purchase a new aluminum trailer for the journey.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, pulled the C-Dory yesterday from the boat lift to the trailer, to conduct proper maintenance. I did push the hours a bit this past year and usually do the 100 hr service about twice a year. Now that the kids have moved away (one in TX and one in Spain), my routine is slipping with all the travel to see the grandkids.
Planed to wash, wax, change steering ram seals, engine oil, plugs, lower unit oil and water pump. Finished the top-end of the engine, steering ram seals and drained the lower unit oil. Something the color of cream came out. Now my work has slowed as I have ordered seal, gaskets, etc and have to wait a week to get them.
The problem is that I will be in Spain next week, so work will come to a halt and no C-Dory use for the rest of this weeks. Bummer!

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
localboy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always have wanted to remove the gold pin-striping on Au'Kai. Everything on the boat is black, gray or white. Why GOLD? Confused

I know it's just cosmetic, but I just didn't like it. Yesterday, I took advantage of a rare day off work and attacked the hull to start, as I do not intend to replace it on the hull. I will remove the two on the cabin top later and replace them with a gray pinstripe. Yes, I know...a lot of work for something trivial. But the boat required a good cleaning/buffing anyway, so two birds and all...

I used a 3M pinstripe removal wheel on my 18v rechargeable drill. Worked pretty well and did not burn the gel coat. The yellowing of the white gel coat was quite noticeable, once the pinstripe was gone. So I followed up with some 3M "Finesse" compound followed by Colonite fiberglass cleaner and finally Colonite Fleetwax. All with a random orbital polisher from Griot's Garage and lots of elbow grease. Starboard side is done. Looks good. I'm gonna do the entire boat little by little, as it's a ton of surface area.

Pics in the album.
hardee

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mostly miss my SleepC right now. It drydocked for a few days while I'm taking care of some other business, but that water sure sounds good.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 279, 280, 281  Next
Page 240 of 281

Jump to: