The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 279, 280, 281  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met up with Harvey of Sleepy C and his friend Sandy down in Chemainus BC. Went out for some Chinese food and a good yak. They are out this week for a tour of the Gulf Islands.
On Kerri On, I'm refreshing the bottom paint and giving a good all over clean for the season.
George
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today putting up for the first time full canvasback in driveway ,to get familiar with it. Ordered 2 group27 AGMs lifelines from best convertor.com.Now have to put hull#s on and new name. Also washed and waxed boat yesterday. Cant wait to get all the red tape out of the way and get it on the water.
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expanded my 'fins' just bit, went on a solo trip to Bremerton, took family members out on side trips and back to Everett. We had a 3 day stretch of near perfect summer weather.
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ari got a nice cleaning and some fresh was along with some metal polishing. We also finished up some work on the transom detailed below.

reposted from topic specific thread....

I just got our transom put back together after trim tab re-mounting.

If you wonder in the back of your mind whether something on your transom was installed properly, stop wondering right now and just pull some screws. Our boat had tabs purchased roughly 3 years ago based on a receipt I found but I do not know who did the actual installation or when it took place. They looked really clean and I could see a bit of sealant around the edge of the tab so I figured it was good. Well, some moisture nearby tipped me off enough to just remove the tabs and check.

The sealant around the edge was applied after mounting (for looks?) and there was in fact NO SEALANT behind the tabs or in the screw holes. Needless to say some of them were pretty soggy.

I did lots of hole enlarging/drilling and routing of wet core from outside and inside (bent nail really works well!) and jacked the boat up at an angle to drain remaining water out most effectively. After 3 weeks of fans and heat lamps followed by thin epoxy filling from the inside (just for good measure) and thick Six10 from the outside, I think we have addressed the moisture and small voids I created by removing some core material along primarily the bottom rows of mounting screws. It was actually a little surprising that most of the holes were not wet and I count us lucky for that. They are re-installed into epoxy plugs now.

I also added a stern saver transducer block to eliminate three more holes and Ari is more water tight than ever.

Lesson.......don't just trust an unknown install... take a look!

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently completed a "poem" that I remembered part of from a long time ago, and printed it up to take to an engraving shop. this morning I picked up the plaque and mounted it in SleepyC, which now carries an engraved "Captain's Prayer."

Loading and reading for FH CBGT including adding the new WA State registration numbers.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced all interior and cockpit carpeting. Wanted the expensive marine kind, but going with Lowes indoor/outdoor.
Finishing roof rack, cockpit cooler rack. Removed 6 month old poor quality vinyl lettering and installed new "Kim Christine" lettering. MUCH Better!
Loading for Friday Harbor, can't wait!

Greg, I need to talk to you about trim tab details.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
ghone

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri On is ready to roll, just installed Hypervent under the bunk per C Brat recomendations. In the last 2 weeks we've seen bottom sanded and refreshed with paint, topside, cabin etc cut polished and waxed, splashwell table painted, teak inside oiled, stem to stern clean and vac , camperback windows polished, and fabric waterproofed , Dometic CF50 insulated cover ordered, inflatable dinghy small hole patched and gone over, all electrics, steering, lights etc and batteries checked, engine serviced in Fall and ready, get my aunt moved then we Go! trailer all checked, truck maintenance done, crew list completed. Still Carolyn and me!
Giddy Up
George
jbdba01

State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woke up this morning and had a strong cup of Joe...on the way to work I saw a major fire; outside a woman was yelling "Save my Kittens"; the firemen said no one should go in. I told him that I was a C-Dory owner and I was going in. 7 Kittens later and many accolades ("Thank God a C-Dory owner showed up!!) I continued my commute.

I knew it would be a slow day at work; I had recently been told I had to take a 4 weeks off of work, but I decided I would still go in.

Not overly enthused about the forced furlough, I thought it best to to clear my mind at Starbucks where Hilary Clinton showed up. She was talking about her 2016 campaign and what not...after a while I noticed that she was getting a bit too friendly (if you know what I mean). I said,"Hey Hill, I know you and Bill have this open relationship thing going, but...well I'm a C-Dory man and I'm married. So as flattered as I am, I'm spoken for by my boat and wife. In that order." A bit put off, but understanding the situation she replied "Oh...I'm sorry I didn't know you were a C-Dory man." I said, "Yes...10 years and counting - I don't mess with other boats/women." We chuckled and parted ways. "Best of luck Hill. One day maybe you can own a C-Dory; just stay off of the ones call The Lucky Lewinsky." More chuckles...that Hill, she's is quite the character.

Knowing that I was going to be off work for a bit and still in a funk, I stopped at a bar where I saw a familiar face. "Vladamir...what's up? Long time no see." It was after 10am so we ordered a couple shots of Vodka. "Tom...I have this problem." "I know Vladi. What were you thinking?" "Well we owned the Ukraine way back when and I just thought we could use a port for trade...next thing you know things are getting out of control. The price of oil is falling, my colleagues hate me because I'm losing their money, my girlfriend isn't talking to me." I swilled down another shot. "Look Vladi - this is easy offer them to lease the land back and you'll leave after 25 years. Or...you could offer them a C-Dory." "Genius Tom!! Genius!! And Obama?" "I'll talk to him Vladi - he and I go way back. He's still looking for his original birth certificate. Funny thing is in college while he was smoking some dope I took it from him." "Oh Tom you're such a kidder." "Later Vladi...and remember to always check your bilge pumps."

With a slight buzz going now, I left the bar when my phone went off. "Hello? Yes...it's true honey I can't go into work for a bit. I know. I know - can you believe it. I'm not sure. OK OK...I'll go get a bike pump on the way. Well yeah, I kinda knew. Alright already get of my back or you're not going out in the C-Dory. That's right I just went there. OK Gisele talk to you later. YES!! I won't forget the pump. Geeze."

After that diatribe I figured the heck with work - they won't miss me. I'm going out in the C-Dory. About 1 mile out I saw all this bird activity and commotion - it looked like yet another great white trying to eat an injured dolphin; showing up in my C-Dory the great fish immediately swam away. It knew better. I saw that the dolphin wasn't so much injured as it was hung up in an old fishing net. I hopped into the water and release the dolphin. In a gesture of nature communicating with man - to thank me it jumped clearly over my C-Dory and then came along side to pull me back to my boat. "You're welcome my friend. Good thing my C-Dory brought me to you." The mammal swam off happily.

Climbing aboard I stayed in my C-Dory and watch the sun go down; I reminisced last year's events and decided it would probably be best just to become a live aboard. Life is so much simpler in a C-Dory. I called up the wife and broke her the good news. "Tom I could never be happier than right now." "I know Gisele. I know. I'll call Bill and the Krafts."

That's what I would have done today - if I owned a C-Dory, but I don't...because all my money and my kid to the University of Florida. Alas one can dream...
williwaw

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Williwaw
Photos: Williwaw
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... you seem qualified. I can't wait for the rest of the story where your grateful kid surprises you with a new boat.
Easyvictor.14

State or Province: TX
Vessel Name: Easy Victor
Photos: Easy Victor
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the new 23 Venture buffed, waxed stainless steel polished, carpet runner installed, galley hardware stowed,systems checked.....I'm ready to go! Unfortunately, all of our north Texas lakes are flooded and no ramps are useable!!!!
Guess I'll sit in the boat, in the driveway, plugged in to shore power, AC blowing cold, and drink a few cold Coronas and plan my next adventure!

1981 T Craft 26 center console
1981 Silverton 34
1979 Chapparal 187
Many, many other small aluminum, wood and fiberglass toys!!!
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Fishing Reply with quote

I finally got to go out fishing this season. The water flattened out.
3 King Salmon and 6 halibut in the fish hold in about 4 hrs. A great day especially since my son Dan was out with us and caught the 30 lb. king. Whooo hoo.
Trying again tomorrow hoping for similar results.

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday morning, 0445, chirp chirp , chirp, (it's getting louder). My new phone has whats called an angles wings alarm: Starts really low and quiet and slowly builds over time. Out of the birth and peeking out the open windows at Reid Harbor on Stuart Island. I can see the tree lines, and some anchor lights. Up, Dressed, fuel feed bulbs pumped, and days log started. The twins wake individually and lines slipped from the bull rail at 0510. I can see lumps in the water and lots of green blobs. The tide has turned to ebb and I get Natures assist of 2-3 knots to Juan de Fuca. Weather checked, conditions quiet and flat I slip out of the harbor bay and south. The sunrise is just on time, and is the special part of the day. Angling toward Roche but skimming by, and into Mosquito Pass, and out into Harro. Already this early Victoria Traffic is busy, and the AIS triangles are lined up coming and going.

The intersection at J de F, indicates opposing traffic on the plotter but a call to the 980 foot vessel clarifies their intention and I boost the speed from 2300 RPM with 7.5 over the ground and 5 knot water speed to 4200 and 14 knots to give me a mile of clearance as he makes his turn.

The water is flat, for the first 4-5 miles into the Strait, then, with the tide turning and an offshore wind of about 12-15, the seas state lumps up to 2-3 and 30% whitecaps for a few miles making a boat ride out of it. At the half way the sea state settles down to 1-2 foot waves and my speed is steady at about 9-10 knots. Still a bit much for the AP to do completely, so I'm on the throttle for a ways. The Dungeness Light, (actually the 7 mile spit), provides some protection from the inbound current and the waves drop to 1 or less and the AP gets happy and the speed is back down to 6 knots and I'm enjoying brunch.

A couple of sailboats on the way out of John Wayne and Sequim Bay turn out to be some friends heading north to Thetis Island. We chat on 68 for a bit, I get some pix and we part.

Docking at JW marina is a dock upwind exercise. 15 - 19 knots over the dock on a 45 degree angle, meaning I'm headed almost into, and sure glad for the twins. This time it makes for a back in situation, grab the bull rail, and cleat the stern then do the ferry tie and bring the bow up for cleating.

All's well that ends well, and with the boat all clean, and emptied, I'm thinking ..... how soon do I get to do it again?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed the hot water heater. Had to do that in order to get to the multifunction tach Yamaha gauge harnesses, which run from the ignition switch to the gauges. Had to do that because I blew the fuses on that harness, and they are not at the ends, but in the middle. Blew the fuses because I followed Garmin installation instructions on installing Garmin GFS10 Fuel Management sensors, yellow (current 12v Neg ABYC standard) to Neg post. However, in YamaWorld, Yellow is 12V Ignition On +, although of course I did not know that at the time. Cutting into the fuel lines was scary but uneventful. The 110v (only) water heater was the most useless thing on the boat..any decent marina has decent hot water showers, and we don't want to be spilling soapy suds from the shower sump into any marina waters. Multifunction Yami Tach gauges and fuel computers working now, can't wait to check em out on the water this weekend. Avoid Pensacola Beach on Memorial Day weekend, it's Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Loons in Thongs Festival (GLBTLITF), unless you're into that sort of thing. We gave up that stuff over 18 months ago, and couldn't be happier. YMMV.
Cheers!
John

ghone

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying life afloat at Newcastle Island marina at Nanaimo Having a mini gathering with Ian and Jackie of Sea Sprite waiting on the weather to cross to Pender Harbour and Ross and Christie on Pacific Wanderer out for the day. Gorgeaous warm weather, enjoying the C Brat life!
George
Larry Patrick

State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: AGM battery install Reply with quote

Group 27 agm Lifeline batterys just came in,going to install them. Heavy batterys. Last time I ordered 2 universal from Best Convertor .com for rv there holding up well,no maintenance. seem to have best price $100 less than Amazon.New batterys from same place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 279, 280, 281  Next
Page 221 of 281

Jump to: