The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OR ON YOUR C-DORY TODAY??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 279, 280, 281  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing-- absolutely nothing!! Crying or Very sad
But I did go for broke at WestMarine.
Purchased Bennet trim tabs and the auto controller for the tabs, a new seat and shock absorber for the seat. New sospenders, dive ladder and other items too numerous to mention Shocked
Now the fun begins- winter project time-- and this is some of our better cruising weather for the Channel Islands

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another beautiful day cruisin' on Lake Washington. ........ Smile

"...we're all in the same boat..."
C-Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another beautiful day at Lake Cachuma, where we set up camp for the next couple weeks.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got the MG out of the shed and the CD into the shed. Well, part way in, anyhow. For some reason, the 25 doesn't go in as far as the 22 did. Huh. I backed the cockpit under the roof, and then strung a blue tarp from the shed eave out over the bow rail. I tied it down real good, so we'll see how it takes the wind. It looks like gypsies live on the far side of the drive.

OK - it's time to get to work on the thing! I stopped at WM yesterday and got some 2awg boat cable (ouch! 25' red + 25' black = a hundred and forty bucks!) to run the house battery up to a disconnect at the helm like I did on the last boat. One switch will turn off everything inside the cabin. I like it that way. The heavy wire will also allow me to connect the windlass up front. I like that, too.

Got called into work early this morning, and while we were waiting for them to get started up after the job was done, I cut out the holes in a switch panel on the milling machine. I'm getting anxious to start the wiring project.

(Note to Les: I am tired of MGB's. The price is going down on the two I have. Quick! Make a bid!)

Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy and I kicked off the new year yesterday with a short cruise on the Potomac on flat water and under clear skies. We docked at Old Town, Alexandria and had a great brunch at restaurant near the waterfront. The kids were still up at Granny's, so we had plenty of time to relax - the only nap we had to get back for was mine!

Happy New Year to all the C-Brats!

Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I picked up some hardware for my Barber Chair project and today I hope to 3M a block to the cabin side to hold another table bracket for mounting the table back out of the way. Next will be to try the chair in place to check the fit then it's time to lay down the new cork plank floor. After that the seat goes in for good and the boat projects will get a lot simpler.
The weather has turned out to be a partner in this project. Since the roads are so crappy and full of gravel Judy doen't want to go over the pass to Portland so I get to stay home and work on the boat.
Tim

Otter-BelleHavenMarina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday was unseasonably warm here and I went on a cruise with my 3-year-old Claire. After a few hours, in which she at a lot of trail mix and we wandered around the shore of a little creek nearby, the clouds closed in and the wind picked up. As we made our way back to the marina, Claire sighed and looked distressed. I thought that I'd kept her out too long without a nap and the bouncing around was bothering her, but she said, "Dada, I wish we could sleep on the boat tonight." That's my girl!

Tomorrow I am off to Iraq for a couple weeks. Hope to have a chance to post a howdy to all the C-Brats from Baghdad!
C-Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom-
Take care and come back safe and sound for Claire and Mom.
Thanks for your work.
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Today... Reply with quote

Today I looked inside my poor boat and thought about shoveling out some of the ice and snow. I had visions of falling off the trailer due to it being so slick and thought it best to enjoy a hot toddy Tea Embarrased

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed shorepower/charger system. I also cleaned up the electrical system behind the helm. I also put in a HOA switch for the factory bilge pump. Why they don't is behond me.
My next project is installing radar. I won a bid on Ebay for a Raymarine radar, now I need to get a radome for it. This will give me something to do at the boat show.
I posted some pictures of the shorepower install.

Fred
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

I guess I should have shoveled out all the ice and snow. It thawed and I had about a foot of water in the cockpit. Strange, the fuse in the bilge pump switch is blown and blows a new fuse but the pump works off the float switch like it is in auto... Things that make you go Hmmmm....

I decided that it held water pretty good so after bilging it all out I decided to take it for a lil cruise.

I think my Honda kicker is jealous of my Suzuki main as it didn't want to start on the river today. It worked fine in the driveway and when I warmed it up at the dock but refused to start both times I tried while out on the river. I guess I'll move up the annual on the priority list.

Anyone know where to get another bilge pump switch for my panel? The factory dosen't have any.... Sad
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am now in Amman, Jordan and on my way home tonight. Pretty busy while I was in Iraq and didn't have a chance to get online with the C-Brats, but I was thinking of you - especially the big crowd heading to the Seattle Boat Show. I must have cruised through the entrance to the green zone where a big car bomb went off this morning about 20 times last week. Guess I better stop off at church and light a candle when I get home. You'd all be proud of the young folks out there doing a tough job month after month - I know I am. All the best, Tom
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, what did we do on our C-Dory today, Saturday, January 24? A day of firsts, that's what. We have been out at least once every month since we brought Daydream home on Valentine's Day last year, and we weren't about to let January go by without an excursion! Rain and wind everywhere else around here, but in Seattle, partly sunny, no rain and calm waters, a perfect day! Launched at Mercer Island Boat Launch, to the Montlake Cut, real slow around Lake Union and the Boats Afloat yachts, out the Ship Canal, through the locks (!), to Elliott Bay Marina, lunch at Maggie Bluffs, and back. The firsts:
1. Oscar took his first trip on Daydream, he was a real trooper, no crying, like he was born to it!
2. First time through the Ballard Locks...piece of cake, we were the only boat in the locks both ways through.
3. First time boarded by the Coast Guard! On the way back, in the Ship Canal...blue lights and siren, safety inspection. Everything OK, EXCEPT, the port running light was out! He wrote us up (it was still before sunset though), told us to get it fixed, send in a copy of the violation notice with proof that it was fixed...then Patty reached out and banged the sucker, and it went on! The Coastie tore up the first sheet, and wrote up a new one, no violations! These guys were reasonably polite, but all business. Five minutes later, stopped by another CG patrol boat, asked if we had been boarded, we told him yes, did he want to see the paper? No, thank you, and off we went. Seems there must have been quite a few CG patrols out, not too many pleasure craft.
All in all, a near perfect day.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...then Patty reached out and banged the sucker, and it went on!

I bet it was the force of the blow to the light, rather than the result, that swayed the CG kid!

Elliot Bay? Did you explain the significance of that to Oscar?

Sounds like a great day for you and the crew! Good hearing about it. Thanks.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like an exciting day Pat, I changed the oil and filters between rain storms.......never did make it out fishing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 279, 280, 281  Next
Page 3 of 281

Jump to: