The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Any Lake Michigan gatherings in the fall of 2016?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Any Lake Michigan gatherings in the fall of 2016? Reply with quote

Looked through the gatherings page and didn't see any posted for L. MI. Anybody out their planning or thinking of a CD gathering on L. MI?

I fish the lake a lot for salmonids, with my CD16: OPA. She does great out there on that big water, and I'm always hoping to see another CD16, but alas I've never seen another CD on the West side of the lake.

I read an old post about a L. MI gathering being planned back in 2005, but no follow ups.

thanks in advance for your replies

CD 22 Cruiser "FRESH FISH: 2018 to present.
CD 16 Angler "OPA": 2013 to 2019.
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: 7th Annual Mississippi River Gathering Reply with quote

"D", If you are still domiciled at Springfield, a "Gathering" will be held right in your own backyard September 8 - 11, 2016. It will be at the Two Rivers Marina, which is at Rockport Illinois, just north of the bridge off Highway 54.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of Lake Michigan to you fish? I have gone out of Port Washington a few times in the last few weeks as the Salmon were hitting pretty good. Not sure when I'll head out again though. Colby
dgeorges

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: 7th Annual Mississippi River Gathering Reply with quote

Barry Rietz wrote:
"D", If you are still domiciled at Springfield, a "Gathering" will be held right in your own backyard September 8 - 11, 2016. It will be at the Two Rivers Marina, which is at Rockport Illinois, just north of the bridge off Highway 54.

Huge thanks Barry. This is a great tip. I'll look for the gathering info. Good luck to you.
dgeorges

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbysmith wrote:
What part of Lake Michigan to you fish? I have gone out of Port Washington a few times in the last few weeks as the Salmon were hitting pretty good. Not sure when I'll head out again though. Colby

I generally launch out of the west side ports from Kenosha, WI south to the south end of the lake. Will go out as far as 20 miles offshore chasing that good stable water. I generally troll for salmonids and have OPA set up for D-riggers, dipsys, planer boards etc. OPA ROKS in that big water, but I'm not stupid about going out in the deep.

The salmon are always active here on the west side. It's only a matter of finding them and staying on them.

Will be fishing the Manistee area Aug 8 to 13. Please let me know if you know of anyone who is looking for an open seat that week.

Tight lines and safe returns to port to you and yours...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: