Puget Sound fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts Kevin and the rest of the non-fishing experience we just refer to as boating. One day until the next trip....!

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

This is a little out of left field, but before I became a salt water power boat guy, I did a TON of backpacking and high lake trout fishing (at 70 years old, going up isn't so easy anymore Very Happy).

Anyway, after many years I felt much like you do now about "giving back". Eventually, I got involved in many ways, but one of the prime ways was that I sat for many years on something called the IFPAG (Inland Fishery Policy Advisory Group) run by the WDFW (Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife). The WDFW has many of these "groups"....including for salman, salt water, and the like. Each group has about 15 citizens on it, and they meet 3 or 4 tiems a year to discuss and recommend positions on issues pertaining to that fishery. Over time one can become quite influential.

One has to be nominated, and show an involvement with the fishery, but since it is all volunteer, it ain't that hard to get accepted. But in any case, these group meetings are open to the public. If I were you, I'd call the WDFW, or nose around on their website, and find the Policy Group that most interests you; then attend their next meeting. They will be happy to see you, and you will see/hear LOTS about what can be done to contribute. I don't think anyone will make you feel obligated.....they will just be glad you are interested (even if they never see you again).

Sandy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: