The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

My new fauk teak floor and new Eisenglass!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: My new fauk teak floor and new Eisenglass! Reply with quote

Guys, it's finally done....After 2 months of planning, waiting, planning again and then WAITING again my floor is finally done! LOL. The weather in February and March really held me back.

Anyway, here is a YouTube video I just took of my new floor and new Eisenglass windows. Please excuse the sound and video quality. I took it with my phone very quickly. It is Plasdeck and the color scheme is "Holly with white lines". The entire cockpit and cabin is floored. We stopped at the beginning of the fuel tanks because I'm gonna have a canvas piece made for that section and didn't wanna floor that area since it'll be hidden soon. I also decided to NOT floor the small area in the Vberth where the porta potty goes.

I also replaced the 3 canvas glass pieces. What a difference!!! Gosh, it's like night and day. I'm so glad I decided to do that modification as well.

I will post some new pics in my album also. I can't wait to hit the water! The weather looks amazing this weekend in Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ZGAcFfzF0

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great--nice job!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
ZoeB

City/Region: Key West
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Zoe B
Photos: Zoe B
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic.

Who is making the canvas to cover the area near the fuel tanks? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Zoe B
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, perfect fit. Smile
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: I am amazed... Reply with quote

I wanted to do the same thing, but you have done so much more....I am dazzled at how you rounded the corners.... it looks amazing....well done.

windows do look nice too...

Joel
SEA3PO
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few screen shots for anyone who may not be able to access video. First a bit of the new canvas (cabin/cockpit "bulkhead"), and then a couple of the new sole covering. Really nice how they did the edge contours!

Funny thing but after I went to some trouble to get gelcoated fiberglass to make forward cover boards for the fuel tanks (when I went to the newer tanks that sit just behind the splashwell molding), I have decided that I really like the temporary canvas covers I made. They are so practical, and with a better-than-temporary level of craftsmanship would be really nice. I especially like being able to pull them aside while I fuel and watch how the fuel is hitting the fuel pool in the tank just below the fill - makes it so I can fill as fast as possible but avoid any "back splashing" (turbulence below the fill seems to cause it).

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My new fauk teak floor and new Eisenglass! Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
Guys, it's finally done....After 2 months of planning, waiting, planning again and then WAITING again my floor is finally done! LOL. The weather in February and March really held me back.

Anyway, here is a YouTube video I just took of my new floor and new Eisenglass windows. Please excuse the sound and video quality. I took it with my phone very quickly. It is Plasdeck and the color scheme is "Holly with white lines". The entire cockpit and cabin is floored. We stopped at the beginning of the fuel tanks because I'm gonna have a canvas piece made for that section and didn't wanna floor that area since it'll be hidden soon. I also decided to NOT floor the small area in the Vberth where the porta potty goes.

I also replaced the 3 canvas glass pieces. What a difference!!! Gosh, it's like night and day. I'm so glad I decided to do that modification as well.

I will post some new pics in my album also. I can't wait to hit the water! The weather looks amazing this weekend in Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ZGAcFfzF0

Very Nice!!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Wink
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking floor!! Thumbs Up

So did you have a pattern and had the company cut out the actual pieces including the edging or is that something you did yourself? I ask only because I've looked at websites where you send a pattern in and they do the cutting. I would love to do the same thing on our floorboards.

Peter
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking floor Jason! Does it insulate from the cold water very well? Post it here once you test it out. We have three layers of flooring to keep things cozy but it would be nice to do this with less bulk.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Blue Rose

City/Region: Montgomery
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Blue Rose
Photos: Blue Rose
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a terrific looking floor! The edging looks very professional. I looked at the website but didn't see very much information there. Could you provide more detail on the steps you took to measure, order and install? I'm not familiar with Plasdeck and I would like to know how you did it and get an idea of how much it costs. Does it come as a large sheet or or separate pieces that you glue down?
thanks
Jim

Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I've live about five miles from PlasTeak and they did the
removable cockpit floorboards in Valkyrie, an '05 22 Cruiser. That cost $600 about eight years ago.

PlasDeck is fantastic.....nonskid, easy to clean and comes with a lifetime warranty. Pics in our album. I have a piece of PlasTeak in our cabin, but kept it removable for easy cleaning on a dock.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I've live about five miles from PlasTeak and they did the
removable cockpit floorboards in Valkyrie, an '05 22 Cruiser. That cost $600 about eight years ago.

PlasDeck is fantastic.....nonskid, easy to clean and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoeB wrote:
Looks fantastic.

Who is making the canvas to cover the area near the fuel tanks? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

I'm just gonna find a local canvas shop to do it. I'll start getting some quotes soon.
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the late response.

First things first: I didn't tackle the flooring job myself. After doing lots of research and reading some DIY horror stories, I decided to have a small, local aftermarket marine installer do it for me. I read about some instances where when doing it yourself, if your template is "off" then it's a pain to get it to fit correctly and if it's really "off" then you'd have to send it back to the factory and wait another month or so to have them cut another one for you. I figured that since even the DIY job is expensive ($600-$800 at least) that I might as well spend a little more money and have a professional do it.

He came to my boat and did the template in late February. He didn't receive the custom piece until late March and then the weather was cold until recently. The floor is one piece and is approximately 1/4 inch thick; the adhesive that he laid is also about 1/4 inch but it dries to about 1/8 of an inch. He caulked the entire border with a white marine sealer and maintained a channel for water to flow just as before.

NOW, the big test is how will it perform?? There is a lifetime warranty and product is supposedly resistant to all of the normal marine foes. Lol. Like salt, mildew and obviously water...

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: