The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2016 Northeast summer cruise?? Ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: 2016 Northeast summer cruise?? Ideas? Reply with quote

C-Brats: Are there any New England, NY/NJ area multi-day cruises planned for this year? I was reading some of the older threads on the past Erie Canal trips and they sounded like amazing trips! Any thoughts of another one this year?

I've also read other sites where folks have boated from Long Island, NY to the Connecticut River and taken it up into Mass. That sounds fun.
Another route is from RI/CT through the Long Island Sound and NYC and up the Hudson River into upstate NY.
There are also TONS of multi-day cruises we could do around Buzzards Bay, MA past MV, around Cape Cod and hug the coast into Boston etc.

The possibilities are endless. We just need folks who know the waterways and are willing to lead a small group of Brats! I'm a total newbie to boating and can't take on the task of leading a group yet. I have only been in a few, select bodies of water and have never overnighted yet. This year I'm hoping to do that. I'm equipping my boat as we speak to be able to handle 2 or 3 days on the water. I can't really commit to a longer cruise right now; but if the group plans a week long excursion I'll plan around that and break off at some point. Don't worry about me.

Whattya guys think? Anything brewing this summer?!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion you could start at Allen Treman marina in Ithaca.Travel up to top of lake 30 miles approx. Then go thru the locks to Seneca Falls,make your way over to Seneca lake down to Watkins Glen, nice several day trip. You could leave launch vehicle at marina, police are stationed right there. Good restaurants in Ithaca. Easy launch 5 or 6 ramps.Lots of winerys also and festivals.
ThousandIslander

City/Region: Thousand Islands
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Photos: Thousand Islands
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obviously partial to the 1000 Islands & St. Lawrence River. Many possibilities including a trip up the Rideau Canal into Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City.

Anyone who's into boats and thinking of cruising in the 1000 Islands should consider planning to be here around the weekend of Aug. 6th for the Antique Boat Museum's Annual Show and Auction...it's an awesome event! Here's the link:
http://www.abm.org/index.php/events/calendar-of-events/

You could stop by our island and say hi as well Smile
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Patrick wrote:
Just a suggestion you could start at Allen Treman marina in Ithaca.Travel up to top of lake 30 miles approx. Then go thru the locks to Seneca Falls,make your way over to Seneca lake down to Watkins Glen, nice several day trip. You could leave launch vehicle at marina, police are stationed right there. Good restaurants in Ithaca. Easy launch 5 or 6 ramps.Lots of winerys also and festivals.

SO>>> Are you planning any trips Larry!? Smile
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThousandIslander wrote:
I'm obviously partial to the 1000 Islands & St. Lawrence River. Many possibilities including a trip up the Rideau Canal into Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City.

Anyone who's into boats and thinking of cruising in the 1000 Islands should consider planning to be here around the weekend of Aug. 6th for the Antique Boat Museum's Annual Show and Auction...it's an awesome event! Here's the link:
http://www.abm.org/index.php/events/calendar-of-events/

You could stop by our island and say hi as well Smile

Hanging out on your private island sounds good!
Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trips planned this season ,because our boat will be at Lake Erie. We spent the last 3 seasons at Allen Trehman marina,so it was time for a change. They have transient slips there if you want to check it out for weekends. We want to go back in a few years,since we know the town and like the restaurants Korean ,Thai ,to many to list ect.They have a Saturday festival,farmers market you can check it out. We got to know a lot of boaters at our dock,wife kept a little tablet so we could start remembering everyone about 20 new names to remember. Everyone was nice and helpful. One guy bought a big boat and he wasn't expierenced like a 30ft sea ray others helped him get used to twin engines and docking ect. He was my neighbor ,we helped him get in his slip.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThousandIslander wrote:

The St. Lawrence around the 1000 Islands is beautiful cruising. We explored from Gananoqua to Rockport in 2011. The Rideau is on my bucket list but probably not until 2017. The Ottawa River is also intriguing, 790 miles with the St. Lawrence at 1 end and Lake Timiskaming at the other. A trailer service was started a few years back to get you around the dams but apparently they are no longer available. Maybe a mini loop someday, Kingston - Montreal - Ottawa - Kingston ??

For a weekend cruise the Poker Run Rendezvous are great fun. They have 2 classes, 1 for 50+mph boats and 1 for any size/speed family boat. They provide you with a guided tour of unfamiliar waters, great camaraderie, great food and a chance to win great prizes. They don't currently have any planned for the 1000 Islands this year but that can change. The ones planned so far are: 1/Ottawa River - July 1/2 - Prescott Ont. 2/Bay of Quinte - July 29/30 - Trenton Ont. 3/Lake Ontario - Sept.2/3 - Toronto Ont. 4/ Cape Coral - Florida - Oct.14/15. Details for these can be found on the Power Boat Canada - or Poker Runs of America websites.

Regards, Rob

Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, Thousand Islands are nice,hope to do a trip up there someday. Would also like to fish walleye lakes,rivers in Quebec ,Ontario.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: