The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Welcome Back Dave Thompson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoseDoctor

City/Region: Olympia/Pacific Northwest
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: Marinaut 215
Vessel Name: SEEKER
Photos: SEEKER
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Welcome Back Dave Thompson Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I got your post this am and, by your request, am starting a new Marinaut thread to communicate with you.

Your information on our Marinaut 215 was very interesting. I had heard all these stories about the boat and her history and all these names - finally I am beginning to put it all together.

Our boat (SEEKER) now sits at Puget Marine near here awaiting installation of our Suzuki 115 and 9.9 kicker.

We had it set up for hauling sea kayaks by putting kayak saddles on top, changing the radar mount and building two removable davits (one stbd, one port) for lifting them out of the water and dropping them back in.

I'll try to get some decent photos of that for you when we get her on the water and operating. We also added some other goodies like a power windlass, autopilot, new switch panel, etc.

I'm glad you live in Rochester. I used to work for Weyerhaeuser in Centralia and know the area pretty well. We'd love to take you out for a cruise when we get SEEKER in the water if you are interested.

Gary
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Gary. The Marinaut is a very nice boat. And Dave is one of the nicest C-Brat folk you will meet. It will be a treat to see him around here again.

Best wishes,
Jim B.
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary - Thank You for for the welcome back. You can't find a better bunch of people than the C-Brats. It had been over 36,000 post since I last logged on this site.  

I know where Puget Marina is on Johnson point, I use to live on Johnson Point Rd about a third of a mile north of Puget Rd. Now I have a small farm on Michigan Hill just south of Rochester, however I spend most of my time at Gooseneck, WA.

Your boat was my test boat. It was solidly built but the switch panel wasn't given proper thought when I installed it and was something I was not proud of. I am glad you corrected that problem.The original engine a 90 hp Evenrude was used because I was not sure how the boat would ride with the two saddle tanks full of fuel, batteries and gear in the back. As it turned out it was too light and the boat set slightly bow down when stopped or under way at eight knots or less. A heavier 115 hp engine is a much better match for the boat. When you get an album post lots of photos of you boat & modifications. 

I hope Kathy & her crew at EQ are able to continue producing & selling the Marinaut Boat. I told her I will do whatever is necessary to help them succede. I was a little disappointed that Les decided to stay in the Philippines but falling in love has a way of throwing a monkey wrench in a persons plans. I hope he finds the happiness he is seeking.

Dave
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesTXSD wrote:
Welcome aboard, Gary.  The Marinaut is a very nice boat.  And Dave is one of the nicest C-Brat folk you will meet.  It will be a treat to see him around here again.

Best wishes,
Jim B.

Thank You Jim, but I can give you a list longer than your arm of nicer people on this site which would include you & that beautiful blond you spend so much time with.

Dave
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Centerville Hwy is one of my favorite roads in the state Dave. I ride that region regularly when I feel like a solid day long motorcycle ride. Here is another local favorite of mine.

Bickleton Hwy

Welcome back Dave,

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Great to see you back, and what with 36,000 that should keep you busy for a while. We might even see some old threads popping back into existence.

It was my privilege to get to do those photos on Sequim Bay

[img]http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album621&id=1_10_2012_from_Canon_091&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

Sorry, don't know how to move photos in the tablet yet.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Embarrased Embarassed

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Dave, we missed you.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marty, I have got to get the tablet thing figured out.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Embarrased Embarassed
RoseDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Welcome Back Dave Thompson Reply with quote

Dave,

We were almost neighbors here for several years! My wife, Marilyn, and I have lived on 61st NE, down the beach from Tolmie SP, since 1977. We plan to moor SEEKER in the water in front of our house during summers - easy access for plenty of boating - and dryland store at Puget Marina for winters.

As for the switch panel. That was Les's idea. He said I'd be much happier with the newly designed one and the cost was not prohibitive. Stan crafted it and it is a work of art.

Offer to take you and significant other for a cruise when SEEKER is in the water is still on. We'd love to meet you and would be honored to have you aboard the boat you designed and built. That way you can see the modifications up close and personal.

Meanwhile we're off off to Hawaii for 11 days so I'll probably not be posting here for a while.

Gary
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelia wrote:
The Centerville Hwy is one of my favorite roads in the state Dave. I ride that region regularly when I feel like a solid day long motorcycle ride. Here is another local favorite of mine.

Bickleton Hwy

Welcome back Dave,

Greg

Thank You Greg ~ Both roads are favorites for motorcyclist, rally cars & antique automobiles. Another favorite is the Mary Hill Loops Rd but it is closed to motor vehicles except on special occasions. It was the first paved road in the state a hundred & five years ago.

Next time you are through this way stop by for a visit, it is the only place between O'Brien Rd & Harms Rd.
I always have cold pop, juice & beer in the frig.

Dave
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
Welcome back Dave, we missed you.

Thank You Marty – glad to be back.

Dave
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary – it was the early to mid 70’s that I lived there. If things work out for both of us I will take you up on that cruise. I can’t remember but I don’t think my wife has ever been in the boat so she may enjoy it.

Have fun in Hawaii.

Dave
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave - I too missed seeing you on this site. It's nice to see you back. I dug through some very old emails to find your phone numbers and gave them to Kathy. It sounds like you two are now in contact.

Best,

oldgrowth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerbum wrote:
Dave - I too missed seeing you on this site. It's nice to see you back. I dug through some very old emails to find your phone numbers and gave them to Kathy. It sounds like you two are now in contact.

Best,

Thank You Roger. I have talked to Kathy & I don’t want to say anything that may interfere with her plans. Hopefully she will have an announcement in a few weeks or sooner.

Dave
RoseDoctor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: SEEKER goes for sea trials Reply with quote

Dave,
After a lot of mucking around we finally have our insurance, our motor and kicker on, an adaptor to let the motor talk to the plotter and a lot of other stuff we needed to get SEEKER ready for sea trails on Puget Sound. We're launching from Puget Marina on Monday at about 10:00 am to have a go at it. Puget Marina people are impressed with her. I'll keep you posted.
Are you still interested in a ride?
Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: