The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Water Tank Moved to Bow in CD 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I too have been reading and watching this thread with interest. I had not really considered moving my water tank before, but the idea has merit. One of my concerns (along with a way to monitor it's level) would be cleaning. With my current tank, several times a year I go thru the bleach routine. I also assume that other than the tiny bit of water left in the bottom of my square tank, the tank is able to dry when I drain it. I don't know if the "bladder" tank could dry and if that would be a problem. Regarding my concern for monitoring the tanks level, I wonder if one could just put a "window" in the bulkhead behind it (forward of the porta potty), or rig up some kind of "water tube" somewhere more visible. I am curious where your water line connects to the tank? I'm assuming underneath, or somewhere in the bottom? BTW, I don't drink my current tanks water anyway, other than to brush my teeth. Otherwise it is used for washing up or cooking. (So taste isn't a problem, but "bugs" would be!) I think it would be fairly easy to reroute a water line from the bow, in place of the current line to under the aft port seat. Maybe even route a line from the old fill port to the new bladder bow tank. Colby[/quote]
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an thread awhile back that I saw that showed a bow tank installation. The person who did it cut a slot in the bulkhead and had marked the tank to show the water quantity.

The thread did show the whole process of putting the tank in. However, it was from before the C-Brats site and I haven't been able to find it again.
Blue Rose

City/Region: Montgomery
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue Rose
Photos: Blue Rose
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colby-
The connection fittings are on top of the bladder and water is drawn out by the suction created by the foot pump. The tank does not dry out because it is non-vented and operates more like a domestic water supply system than a cistern system. I'm not sure if that is going to make maintaining the water quality easier or harder yet because there can be bacteria growth in both aerobic and anaerobic environments. I am sensitive to molds so this a concern that I will be following closely.

We also use the tank water for washing,etc and keep gallon jugs of drinking water because it makes better tasting coffee.
Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: