The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1986/2015 "Great Republic 26' Pro Angler $81,000 (B-ham

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinker

City/Region: Knoxville IA/ La Conner WA
State or Province: IA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: Great Republic
Photos: Great Republic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: 1986/2015 "Great Republic 26' Pro Angler $81,000 (B-ham Reply with quote

When I started the restoration process on Great Republic my work situation was going to allow me to spend 2 to 3 months of the summer on her. That is not going to be the case now, and I can't stand the thought of only being able to use Great Republic a couple of weekends a year.

Great Republic was bought new by the C-Dory dealer in Superior, WI in 1986, and sold to her second owner in Lake Champlain, VT about 10 years later. I am the third owner, and prior to me putting her in the Puget Sound last May, she hadn't seen salt water. I had a complete restoration on her during the winter of 2014/2015, with Bitter End Boatworks doing all the work. If you do a search of "Great Republic gets a restoration" on this site, you can see a thread documenting the restoration. About the only thing that isn't new on the boat is the cabin glass and the seat cushions!

This is a chance to own a "New" boat surveyed at Bristol condition at a great discount, as well as have a "one of a kind" out on the water. The boat is being sold ready to fish and crab, with 2 Scotty electric downriggers, My-T-Hauler commercial duty electric pot puller, 2 shrimp pots ready to fish, 3 crab pots and other gear. Throw your fishing poles and bait on the boat and you are ready go.

Some details on the boat:
PDR Marine transom bracket, 2014 Yamaha 200hp 4 stroke, Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke kicker, Garmin VHF radio, Garmin 741xs with radar at main helm and cockpit helm networked together, Garmin autopilot with remote, Lewmar electric windlass, Webasto diesel force air heater, raw water wash-down. Hull was stripped, re-barrier coated and new bottom paint applied, new bulkhead installed, transom completely rebuilt, new deck floors, all new wiring with LED lighting installed, Go-Light spotlight, stainless steel radar arch w/ rocket launchers, stainless steel railing added around cabin roof, Burnewiin mounts for pot puller davit and much more. 1986 EZ-Loader Tandem Axle Trailer, Galvanized (never been in salt water)

I have all receipts for work completed on the vessel. I have a copy of the insurance survey completed at the end of the restoration last May. My asking price is well below what I have invested in the vessel. To see many more pictures of the boat, please click on the blue Great Republic under my name at the upper left of this post. Please PM me for contact information. I will also monitor this thread and try to answer any questions asked. Please understand that I have no intentions of giving this boat away, I'm only selling due to my work duties not allowing any time to use the boat.

Thanks,
Travis Cram

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. sad to see you sell it but what a great boat for someone. I had a chance to to crab out of this boat last year. What a soft riding boat compared to most C-dory's. It tracked a very straight line on plane . This boat does not have the flat hull of my 27. If I remember right the computer was showing 3 mpg while running at 25 mph or so. I was surprised when I say that. Someone local should buy this boat so I can fish out of it.
Tinker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Tom. This has been a tough decision to make, but I feel the right one. I had a blast getting to meet you and Chromer last summer and getting to fish with you!
Inverness

City/Region: Inverness
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in the Seattle area early April & would be interested in seeing your vessel. Is that possible?
Thanks,
Ian
Tinker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still for sale. Thanks for looking!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: