The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Looking at a 1986 Classic 22, What should I watch out for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d&linAK

City/Region: Sitka
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Chick-A-Dee
Photos: Chick-A-Dee
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Looking at a 1986 Classic 22, What should I watch out for? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm going to go look at a nice 1986 classic 22. It has a 90H Yamaha 4 stroke with 200hrs, and a mercury kicker (not sure what year/hours).

I was wondering what y'all might suggest I keep an eye out for with this particular model/year when looking at the quality of the boat/hull.

For example I currently own a '94 angler 16, and I've been concerned with the pop-rivets in the hull that secure the side panels to the deck. The Limpet has an excellent album detailing issues with said rivets.

Thanks so much!

Jackie

City/Region: Ketchikan
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lil' Bit
Photos: Lil Bit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on Craigslist. It looks lovely. I don't know what to look for, but you could probably get a surveyor to go over it quickly. I'm in Ketchikan and I sold my 22 to a man from Anchorage four years ago. He hired a local surveyor to come take a look for reassurance. It has been running strong ever since I hear, so I guess it was worth it!

Of course you're right there in Sitka. That makes it easier. Keep an eye out for a 16 Cruiser for me, please! It would be great to find one so close.

Jackie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: