The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2016 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous (CBPYR)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Star Ranger

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Lone Star Ranger II
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: 2016 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous (CBPYR) Reply with quote

To our C-Dory friends, my name is John Garcia and I am a Ranger Tug owner. Every year we hold a Chesapeake Bay rendezvous and every year I invite all C-Dory’s who would like to attend. Below is the message I sent out to my fellow Ranger Tug and Cutwater owners. Please let me know if you would be interested in joining our rendezvous.

SAVE THE DATE EVERYONE...the 2016 CBPYR will take place June 10-12 at the Hyatt Regency Marina in Cambridge, Maryland. The registration fee to attend will be $75/boat or couple if arriving by land. This year’s theme is “Crabby Gras”, a spin-off of Mardi Gras. Just because we don’t live in New Orleans, doesn’t mean we can’t have fun as if we did, we’ll just put a Chesapeake Bay spin on it.

Tentative events include a Friday evening potluck appetizer get together, a movie showing at the indoor pool, Saturday morning potluck breakfast followed by a few seminars, a catered dinner, a Sunday morning catered breakfast, seminar and awards.

Categories for the awards include best Crabby Gras costume for a man and woman, and best Crabby Gras themed boat decorations or “decorate your boat like a float”, plus a few more to be named! To get ideas about Mardi Gras costumes and decorations for Crabby Gras, look into Etsy, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.

We plan on having free time in the afternoon to enjoy the resort’s amenities such as a spa and salon, 3 swimming pools, Golf, Frisbee golf, beach water activities, a fitness center and more. You can visit their website at http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html.

We are still solidifying our weekend events, so as more information becomes available, I will update this announcement.

Last year we had over 30 boats at our rendezvous, so this year’s goal is to have more than 40 boats in attendance. So grab your mardi gras beads and costume mask and come out and enjoy the weekend with fellow Ranger Tugs, Cutwaters and C-Dories and “laissez les bons temps rouler!” (let the good times roll!).

If you are interested in attending, PM me your email address and I can add you to our roster.

John and Tracey Garcia
Alexandria, VA
2016 R-31 - Lone Star Ranger
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Ah, would I ever like to bring Poopsy Reply with quote

I would love to bring Poopsy, our new to us Ranger Tug R21 Classic, to such an event. But, that is a really long tow. Maybe we will be able to do a piece of the Erie Canal next year that would tie into your event. Now, that would be fun.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ah, would I ever like to bring Poopsy Reply with quote

potter water wrote:
I would love to bring Poopsy, our new to us Ranger Tug R21 Classic, to such an event. But, that is a really long tow. Maybe we will be able to do a piece of the Erie Canal next year that would tie into your event. Now, that would be fun.

Potter Water,

We would love to have you attend our rendezvous, but just food for thought. There are 3 public boat launches in the city of Cambridge, so if you trailer Poopsy, you could tow, launch, attend and return. We have several owners who do that, our furthest attendee came from Alabama a couple of times. Of course, if time is an issue, then we understand. Smile
BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the invite. About to go through knee replacement surgery but definitely will shoot for a Chesapeake bay trip next year. Please let us know when you have the 2017 dates
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: 2016 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous (CBPYR) Reply with quote

jvclark02 wrote:
Thank you for the invite. About to go through knee replacement surgery but definitely will shoot for a Chesapeake bay trip next year. Please let us know when you have the 2017 dates

John,

Totally understand, and wish you the best on your recovery. Mark your calendar, we normally have our rendezvous on the second weekend in June. Here's a thought, the Hyatt Regency is a resort that you can attend our rendezvous and stay in a room. Like I said, just a thought.
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple of weeks since I sent out the invite to our rendezvous and we already have 16 boats wanting to attend. Are there any other C-Brats that would like to join?
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John and Tracey, Thank you for including the CBRATS. Would love to join but... want to and can do are two different animals. For that long of a trip it takes some long range planning. Haven't been retired long enough for that yet.

Maybe for the next round, in 2017.

Sure hope you have a great time, sounds like you are getting that well in hand.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!

This will be our fifth annual rendezvous, or as we call it “knot”, and we couldn’t be more excited!!! Every year we seem to not only get a bigger attendance, but we have more fun than the previous year. To date, we have 23 boats who have committed to me that they are planning on attending the “Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Knot”. I ask that if you haven’t, please register and reserve your slip for the knot. If you need me to re-send you the instructions, please let me know. If you decide you are going to attend, please send me an email or PM, and I can send you the information as well.

We are also very excited for this year’s rendezvous because of the location and the formulating agenda. First, this will be the first year we hold our knot at a resort with many amenities which include Indoor and Outdoor pool, Spa, Golf, Several on-site restaurants and bars, Fitness Center, Jet Ski and SUP rentals, and more.

We are also planning a couple of contests. The first is “Dress your boat like a float”. As you may know, Mardi Gras is known for its parade of floats. Now, we may not have a parade, but we can dress up our boats like a Mardi Gras float. The theme for your “float” is entirely up to you, you can decorate your boat anyway you like, just keep it clean Wink Shocked. Mark Schulstad and his staff will be the judges again this year and will go around to judge your float on Saturday afternoon.

Also, we are having a Best Mardi Gras Mask/Costume for Saturday’s dinner. Bring your best mask and or costume and you may be the winner. We will have a winner for best male and female mask/costume.

For inspirations on our two contests, I would recommend you look at Etsy, Pinterest and other Social Medias. You can find a lot of great ideas!!!

Finally, as in year’s past, the Factory will be sending a couple of representatives to hear of any concerns/issues you might have. This year we are pleased to announce that Andrew Custis and his “right hand man”, Ivan Guzman are scheduled to attend.

We are so excited about this year’s knot, we can’t wait to meet up with everyone!!! Keep checking your emails for breaking rendezvous updates.

John & Tracey Garcia
Commodores, CBPYK
Jtgarcia26@gmail.com
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I know this is a tad late but how was the rendezvous? Did you have any C Dory's attend? Is there one planned for 2017?

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: