The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Martin,
Ok, I'll blow off the Campbell River stop. Dodd's Narrows redistributed some of the items in the cabin today. It got a tad lumpy coming out of the narrows all the way into the Nanaimo Harbor. I'm going to try and keep from banging up Babygirl anymore tomorrow. So It might take me an extra day to get to Comox. I think Sunday's weather will be better. I think it's supposed to lay down in the afternoon tomorrow. Will-C
Ron I was wondering if the Coasties would mind me taking the wheel of that rescue boat if there isn't a real rescue call if we get in a little early? I hope they don't have to come and rescue us out in the Strait Of Georgia. I'm looking forward to that barbecued salmon. Thanks for all of your efforts.
Dave and Ginny Deem

Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless Campbell River is a must on your cruise I would skip it,

OH, OH! Now you done it Martin! The entire city of Campbell River is going to come down on you hard now! LOL

Dave,
I don't know whether the coasties will let you get that close to the business end of the boat or not. We will just have to find out. I'm pretty sure they won't be taking us for boat rides though. Razz Right now the weather here is overcast and calm, calm, calm.

Cheers
Ron
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, OH! Now you done it Martin! The entire city of Campbell River is going to come down on you hard now! LOL

Cheers
Ron[/quote]

Thought I would take a chance on that one Ron.....lol
If I recall, there only seems to be one active Brat in Campbell River and he very rarely posts. I think I'll get away with it.
Very calm here in Comox but plenty of rain.

Martin.
Will-C

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Made it to Comox around 1:00 pm Nice town. Martin we get with us later. Best food since Friday Harbor at the Mediterranean restaurant walking up the hill to the grocery store. Ginny likes this place. Saw Martin's boat the Nomad in the same marina. Will-C what tomorrow's weather brings.
Dave and Ginny Deem
bridma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Ginny,

I was at your boat 2:25 this afternoon. Will return between 5 & 6, hope to catch you then.

Martin.
Will-C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Met Martin (Nomad) and his lovely wife for Happy Hour yesterday. We enjoyed their company and Comox is a beautiful town. Left Comox at 6:35 am today and had a nice calm crossing of the straight of Georgia and are now in Powell River at the Westview Marina. Waiting on tomorrow's weather before we head up to Desolation Sound before the gathering.
D.D.
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan (and I believe that Sleepy-C will also be here) is to launch my boat at Union Bay (near Comox but free parking) on Tuesday afternoon.

I will then spend the night at Sandy Island (known to locals at Tree Island) or Henry Bay and then cross the straight early on Wednesday or Thursday morning depending on weather.

If I cross on Wednesday, I would then spend Wednesday night at Texada Island (there are a couple of choices there).

I plan to arrive in Powell River on Thursday as I have friends and family there.

Anyone else wanting to spend a couple of days crossing from Comox to Powell River are welcome to join me.

I'm sure the crossing can be made in just over an hour, but Sandy Island and Texada are nice places to stop along the way.

Middlenatch Island, and Savory Island are also good spots to stop during the day along the way and are just slightly north of Comox/Powell River.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
Tom on Icarus

City/Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Tranquil~C
Photos: Tranquil~C
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Thought I would take a chance on that one Ron.....lol
If I recall, there only seems to be one active Brat in Campbell River and he very rarely posts. I think I'll get away with it.
Very calm here in Comox but plenty of rain."

Martin

Be careful Martin!

bridma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 g/kids were all born in Campbell River. I love the town. Honest.....

Martin
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron on Meander wrote:

To ensure that we have spaces for everyone, Anne and I will purchase moorage for boats that indicate they are arriving on Friday. You will just reimburse us for the moorage. This will be for Friday only. If you arrive on Thursday or earlier, and for Saturday arrivals you will register directly with the marina. This is kinda convoluted but it is the only way we could think of to ensure we can block off enough marina space. The marina ensures us everyone will have a place. I just want to be sure we are all together.

Moorage rates: 16-$15.25, 22-$20.50, 25-$23.25 and 27-$24.25 Electricity $5.00 for 15 amp. (30 amp is available if you want to run your AC LOL). All prices in Canuck bucks.

Cheers
Ron & Anne

Hi Ron and Anne,

Caryn and I can't leave until early Friday morning and will be launching out of Sunset Marina. I'm estimating an arrival time around 6-7pm depending on water conditions. So please reserve a spot for our 22' Cruiser for Friday night and we will be sure to reimburse you. Thanks so much for putting this gathering together. We're looking forward to seeing everybody on Friday! BTW, I have the banner so we'll be sure to hand that over to you upon our arrival.

We will be out the remainder of the week making our way down to the Bellingham gathering and are looking forward to seeing places we've never been before. We'll probably skip PLI this time but we are interested in going to Savary Island for some beach time! Thumbs Up

Peter & Caryn
bridma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmanic wrote:
Ron on Meander wrote:

To ensure that we have spaces for everyone, Anne and I will purchase moorage for boats that indicate they are arriving on Friday. You will just reimburse us for the moorage. This will be for Friday only. If you arrive on Thursday or earlier, and for Saturday arrivals you will register directly with the marina. This is kinda convoluted but it is the only way we could think of to ensure we can block off enough marina space. The marina ensures us everyone will have a place. I just want to be sure we are all together.

Moorage rates: 16-$15.25, 22-$20.50, 25-$23.25 and 27-$24.25 Electricity $5.00 for 15 amp. (30 amp is available if you want to run your AC LOL). All prices in Canuck bucks.

Cheers
Ron & Anne

Hi Ron and Anne,

Caryn and I can't leave until early Friday morning and will be launching out of Sunset Marina. I'm estimating an arrival time around 6-7pm depending on water conditions. So please reserve a spot for our 22' Cruiser for Friday night and we will be sure to reimburse you. Thanks so much for putting this gathering together. We're looking forward to seeing everybody on Friday! BTW, I have the banner so we'll be sure to hand that over to you upon our arrival.

We will be out the remainder of the week making our way down to the Bellingham gathering and are looking forward to seeing places we've never been before. We'll probably skip PLI this time but we are interested in going to Savary Island for some beach time! Thumbs Up

Peter & Caryn

Peter,
Push the pedal to the metal. The BBQ starts at 6.
Martin.
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Peter,
We will monitor channel 09 for incoming C-Brats. If you call when you are a mile or two south of Grief Point we will ensure that there are greeters on the dock to welcome you, get you settled and whisk you off to the salmon BBQ.
Cheers
Ron
Chappy

City/Region: Bellevue
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Chappy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron and Anne,

Do you have room at the CBGT for an American (22 ft cruiser)? I'm working my way north (at Telegraph Cove Marina today) and hope to cross from Comox to PR on Thursday. Afterwards the itinerary is Port Hardy to join some friends who are driving up from Seattle (assuming conditions in rapids and Johnstone Strait permit)...

Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chappy wrote:
Ron and Anne,

Do you have room at the CBGT for an American (22 ft cruiser)? I'm working my way north (at Telegraph Cove Marina today) and hope to cross from Comox to PR on Thursday. Afterwards the itinerary is Port Hardy to join some friends who are driving up from Seattle (assuming conditions in rapids and Johnstone Strait permit)...

Of course, you bet, glad to have you.
Friday Salmon BBQ is starts at about 6 (Actually before 6 will be perfectly fine too!)
Sign up on the event tab, and send me a PM letting us know when you will arrive and were glad you can make it.

Dang nab it! The pod of Orca's I had booked for the Friday BBQ are going by the house now. The buggers are really hard to get scheduled when you want them. I might have missed them except I was wondering why there was a traffic jam of boats out in the strait.lol

I will post some updated info on boat numbers and schedule when Anne gets back from visiting the marina.

Cheers
Ron
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All C-brats heading to Powell River Get Together......... this is so exciting and going to be a fun weekend........

If at any time you need to contact me/us my cell is 604-223-3125 (Anne).

The 5 day marine forecast of weather is excellent - lots of sun and winds from the west 5 - 15 ....... yippee!

Please mention to the harbour master when you get near that you are with the
C-Brats. They have never done a boat gathering/flotilla/rendevous before and have put on extra staff to make it as successful as possible. I will have given them a list of the sizes of boats registered. They are expecting up to 25. At the moment there are 22 expected/that we are aware of.

We will be monitoring channel 9 on Friday and probably be at the marina a lot of the day. Most of boats will be rafted up in order to fit everyone in. The marina crew has been busy rafting up the existing longer term transient boats to make room for us. It will be a cozy friendly social time. Lots of laughs and sharing like family.......

So far the only boats that we haven't heard from whether they are attending the salmon bbq is:
........El Gato Thomas, Icebound, Pelican, Sea Fury and Susan Marie.......
Maybe we have just overlooked that info but if those boats or anyone who knows about those boats can update us for additional rsvp's for making enough food that would be great.

Please let us know if anyone has food allergies. If someone doesn't want salmon they are welcome to bring something else that can be bbq'd and that will be no problem.

I have borrowed a 14 seater van for transporting people from the marina to our house (3 km away) on Fri. around 5:30 (or sooner if people want as there will need to be multiple trips). Ron 'Chef Boy Oh Boy' says he may put you to work preparing the food etc. if you come early LOL!

Please also bring a beverage of choice for Fri. night.

Sat morning the Powell River brats will be cooking a pancake breakfast on the dock just up from the marina where we will have tables and chairs and a small tent for 9 a.m. For those arriving late on Fri. that would be a good place to 'catch up' and meet everyone.

If you don't prefer paper plates please bring your own plate and utensils (for both Sat. events). We will have plenty of chairs and tables.

Sat. night around 6 will be the potluck on the same part as the breakfast at the barge terminal to the south.

There will be a donation box to help cover the costs of food and incidentals - any extra goes back to the c-brats get together fund kitty.

I have been busy speaking with local merchants etc and have managed to get a small door prize for each boat so that is fun too. There will be an 'info' bag for each boat when it arrives, including a list of the boats and people's names on which boat and from where, activities to possibly choose to do in Powell River and where to find what in town if you want to go for a wander or 'get stuff'.

Ron & I haven't been to a c-brats gathering for 10 years....... I mostly remember the weekend just went by way too fast and it was really enjoyable. We didn't do much more than a wander into Friday Harbour and the rest was just talking and being with new friends. Everyone is different tho so we have tried to provide for lots of different possible interests.

~~~

The Coast Guard tour of the large boat Cape Caution is available for those interested at the same marina we are at, at 3 - 4 on Sat. - you'll see the boat.

If that doesn't interest you, there is a possible tour of Townsite Brewery at 3 as well. Unfortunately the times conflict but that seems to be the popular time for both places.

~~~

The farthest away boat that is coming to the gathering is from Pennsylvania !! Next is Idaho! Yayyy - way to go c-brats! That is SO COOL!

3 boats from Powell River, 9 from BC and 10 from the US = 22. One boat from Denman Isl. is having boat issues so they won't come by boat but will drive here in time to join us on Sat. at the potluck - nice. Also Sharon is coming from Quadra Island by car for the potluck and to meet everyone - she is anxiously waiting to buy a C-dory.

As for people saying they intend to go to Princess Louisa after the gathering.....
my info says these boats were a maybe:
CGypsy, Seagull, CCRider, Tiny Town,Reel Knotty and SeaCup. = 6....... of course that is always weather dependent. There may be more boats thinking along those lines but waiting to decide on the weekend.

I've probably forgotten to mention something, if so there will be more posts.... but this is getting to be more like a book than a post so I will stop now.......

See everyone real soon.......bring on the sunshine and calm seas!!! and lets kick back and have a grand time........

Anne & Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: