The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin,
Come on up! The PRCBGT is Aug 12-14. If that works for you please go to the Event Signup tab and sign up. It helps us get a handle on how many we can expect.
Cheers
Ron
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its less than 3 weeks until the PRCBGT. Time flies huh? So we have the plans pretty well finalized. So far we have 20 boats signed up. If you haven't signed up yet...what are you waiting for. Just do it.

Friday Aug 12th- For Brats arriving on Friday there will be a salmon BBQ at Anne and Ron's place starting about 6 PM. The local Powell River Brats will shuttle folks from the marina and back. Bring your own beverage of choice and if you don't care for salmon bring whatever you might like to BBQ.

Sat Aug 13 - Pancake breakfast on the wharf - starts about 9 AM. After breakfast it a "what ever suits your fancy" day. If you want activities we will have plenty of suggestions for you. Everything from hiking, biking, museums, micro brewery tour to fishing, prawning and crabbing. Or, you can just read a book and socialize with other brats at the dock. Its up to you.
Of course at about 5:30 PM we will have the C-Brat potluck social on the wharf.

Sunday Aug 14 - Weather permitting we are planning a C-Dory raft up photo shoot. Time TBD but probably 9 -10 ish. We are hoping to have 15 -20 boats rafted up for the big photo shoot.

There has been a fair number of people who have said they would like to do a cruise to Princess Louisa after the gathering. If you are interested in going, or leading the cruise, let me know and I'll start a list of folks going. Heck if three boats can make a flotilla, there might be a C-Dory armada heading up Jervis on Sunday.

Please PM me if you are arriving on Friday and would like to come to the BBQ.

Also PM me if you would like your name added to the Princess Louisa cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Cheers
Ron
Blueback

City/Region: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Blueback
Photos: Blueback
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron on Meander wrote:
So its less than 3 weeks until the PRCBGT. Time flies huh? So we have the plans pretty well finalized. So far we have 20 boats signed up. If you haven't signed up yet...what are you waiting for. Just do it.

Friday Aug 12th- For Brats arriving on Friday there will be a salmon BBQ at Anne and Ron's place starting about 6 PM. The local Powell River Brats will shuttle folks from the marina and back. Bring your own beverage of choice and if you don't care for salmon bring whatever you might like to BBQ.

Sat Aug 13 - Pancake breakfast on the wharf - starts about 9 AM. After breakfast it a "what ever suits your fancy" day. If you want activities we will have plenty of suggestions for you. Everything from hiking, biking, museums, micro brewery tour to fishing, prawning and crabbing. Or, you can just read a book and socialize with other brats at the dock. Its up to you.
Of course at about 5:30 PM we will have the C-Brat potluck social on the wharf.

Sunday Aug 14 - Weather permitting we are planning a C-Dory raft up photo shoot. Time TBD but probably 9 -10 ish. We are hoping to have 15 -20 boats rafted up for the big photo shoot.

There has been a fair number of people who have said they would like to do a cruise to Princess Louisa after the gathering. If you are interested in going, or leading the cruise, let me know and I'll start a list of folks going. Heck if three boats can make a flotilla, there might be a C-Dory armada heading up Jervis on Sunday.

Please PM me if you are arriving on Friday and would like to come to the BBQ.

Also PM me if you would like your name added to the Princess Louisa cruise.

Cheers
Ron

Hi Ron
My wife Aline and I on Blueback are still on for the Brats get together you are so kindly organizing-- are we on you list and where do we dock?

3-Work at rebuilding the endangered runs of salmonids on the West Coast
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the weather has been gorgeous this last week. I hope this holds true for August 12-whenever. Very Happy

A few more details about the PRCBGT.

The marina is the city of Powell River's "Westview Harbour Marina". The gathering will be in the "South Harbour" (there's a north and south harbour) and we'll be on fingers 7,8, and 9. Unfortunately the marina doesn't take reservations so try and arrive early. Westview Harbour Marina monitors VHF 66A. Phone 604-485-5244.
To ensure that we have spaces for everyone, Anne and I will purchase moorage for boats that indicate they are arriving on Friday. You will just reimburse us for the moorage. This will be for Friday only. If you arrive on Thursday or earlier, and for Saturday arrivals you will register directly with the marina. This is kinda convoluted but it is the only way we could think of to ensure we can block off enough marina space. The marina ensures us everyone will have a place. I just want to be sure we are all together.

Moorage rates: 16-$15.25, 22-$20.50, 25-$23.25 and 27-$24.25 Electricity $5.00 for 15 amp. (30 amp is available if you want to run your AC LOL). All prices in Canuck bucks.

As with many of the C-Brat gatherings, donations to help offset the incidental costs of the gathering will be greatly appreciated. Any surplus amounts will be added to the C-Brat gathering Kitty for use at other events....like Bellingham. Make it a two-fer!

And, don't forget to PM us if you are joining us for the Friday evening Salmon BBQ. I need to know the numbers so I know how many fish to catch. Razz

I'm sure I'll have missed something so I'll add details as they come up.

Cheers
Ron & Anne
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that didn't take me long to remember something else.LOL

Dave and Ginny on Will-C were asking if there is anyone who is interested in buddy boating with them all or part way up to the PRCBGT. PM them if you would like company. You know they are great people, they're C-Brats. Very Happy (even if they now have a Ranger) Or maybe people that are interested can post it here or on another thread.

Oh yeah, we are now up to 20 boats registered, plus one walk up, and 6 boats are interested in the Princess Louisa cruise.

Its gonna be a good time.

Cheers
Ron
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Ron,
Thanks for posting our need for a seeing eye dog. The new boat is called Tinytown. I'm not sure what channel the pleasure people use in Canada but I usually monitor channel 16. Our boat is a dark blue R-27. I got some info from Martin of Bridma and I guess we will head up thru the gulf islands. I think we should be able to make up there in a couple of weeks. (sic). I do thank everyone and Ron for the hospitality. If there is anything I should bring let me know. You folks are the greatest. I hope we make it.
Smile
Dave and Ginny Deem

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Will-C wrote:
Ron,
Thanks for posting our need for a seeing eye dog. The new boat is called Tinytown. I'm not sure what channel the pleasure people use in Canada but I usually monitor channel 16. Our boat is a dark blue R-27. I got some info from Martin of Bridma and I guess we will head up thru the gulf islands. I think we should be able to make up there in a couple of weeks. (sic). I do thank everyone and Ron for the hospitality. If there is anything I should bring let me know. You folks are the greatest. I hope we make it.
Smile
Dave and Ginny Deem

Actually, it is Martin of Nomad, Bridma is his user name but not the boat name. The "Brid" part is probably from Martin's last name, Bridges. Not sure what the "ma" part is, probably something related to Andrea. You will enjoy Martin and Andrea a lot, as well as all the rest of the PNW Brats!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
Will-C wrote:
Ron,
Smile
Dave and Ginny Deem

Actually, it is Martin of Nomad, Bridma is his user name but not the boat name. The "Brid" part is probably from Martin's last name, Bridges. Not sure what the "ma" part is, probably something related to Andrea. You will enjoy Martin and Andrea a lot, as well as all the rest of the PNW Brats!

Hi Pat,
Yes, you guessed pretty close. When I was a Realtor, my password for internal business was the first four letters of my surname followed by the first two letters of my first name. Hence, bridma

Martin Bridges.
Blueback

City/Region: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Blueback
Photos: Blueback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron on Meander wrote:
Wow the weather has been gorgeous this last week. I hope this holds true for August 12-whenever. Very Happy

A few more details about the PRCBGT.

The marina is the city of Powell River's "Westview Harbour Marina". The gathering will be in the "South Harbour" (there's a north and south harbour) and we'll be on fingers 7,8, and 9. Unfortunately the marina doesn't take reservations so try and arrive early. Westview Harbour Marina monitors VHF 66A. Phone 604-485-5244.
To ensure that we have spaces for everyone, Anne and I will purchase moorage for boats that indicate they are arriving on Friday. You will just reimburse us for the moorage. This will be for Friday only. If you arrive on Thursday or earlier, and for Saturday arrivals you will register directly with the marina. This is kinda convoluted but it is the only way we could think of to ensure we can block off enough marina space. The marina ensures us everyone will have a place. I just want to be sure we are all together.

Moorage rates: 16-$15.25, 22-$20.50, 25-$23.25 and 27-$24.25 Electricity $5.00 for 15 amp. (30 amp is available if you want to run your AC LOL). All prices in Canuck bucks.

As with many of the C-Brat gatherings, donations to help offset the incidental costs of the gathering will be greatly appreciated. Any surplus amounts will be added to the C-Brat gathering Kitty for use at other events....like Bellingham. Make it a two-fer!

And, don't forget to PM us if you are joining us for the Friday evening Salmon BBQ. I need to know the numbers so I know how many fish to catch. Razz

I'm sure I'll have missed something so I'll add details as they come up.

Cheers
Ron & Anne

Hi Ron,

Having never been to a CBrats get together we did not know about the Event tab.. I found it now and clicked it - please confirm I did it right--LOL
We will be coming on Friday and the barbeque sound great-- but -- and it a big "but" our little 16' Angler C-Dory is subject to a good weather crossing of the Strait. We live in Qualicum Beach and will launch at French Creek and sneak up Sabine Channel and around the top of Texada. ETA not known at this point.
Leaping Lilly Pad

City/Region: Powell river
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Lily Pad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Helloooo! Steve and I will be seen with the Powell River gro Reply with quote

So, we are really excited to just experience this sensational gathering in Powell River.

Hugs to Anne and Ron, for creating this wonderful C- Dory experience!

See ya soon,

Marnie & Steven Bennett: Owners of Lily Pad 22 foot C- Dory

Powell River, BC
RogerJuntunen

City/Region: Rupert, ID
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: In Cahoots - Idaho
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Comax to Powell River Reply with quote

Hi Brats, we will be crossing to Powell River from Comax on Friday the 12th and if anyone wants to buddy up let us know, or if someone has similar plans Thursday let us know and maybe we can join in. Looking forward to meeting everyone for a C-Brat get together. Roger and Cheryl
bridma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we will miss you in Comox Roger & Cheryl. We are leaving Comox on Monday 8th. Any other brats in the area, give us a shout.
We will do a bit of local cruising then pull into Powell River Thursday evening.

Martin and Andrea.
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Martin,
We are Nanaimo for the night. We will probably head for Comox tomorrow. If the wind lays down. Then on up to Campbell River on Sunday. Then over to Desolation Sound the following day if the weather is right. We left from Bellingham then did Friday Harbor for a night and the next day did a swing through Roche Harbor and on to Bedwell Harbor and got on a mooring ball $9.80 for the night. Left about Bedwell about 5:30 am and made Nanaimo. We are paddling along.
D.D.
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave great to see that Tiny Town and crew is making their way north. A little wind today but hopefully it will lay down for tomorrow.

Things are coming together for the PRCBGT nicely. Anne has been out canvassing businesses for support and has had pretty good success.
And, I'm excited to report Anne also approached the Canadian Coast Guard about maybe giving us a short talk on how the Coast Guard operates in Canada and a tour of the Cape Caution rescue boat, which is based out of the South Harbour where the PRCBGT is being held. I have always wanted to see this boat up close. Hopefully some of you will as well.

The tour is subject to them not being called out on a rescue.

While I'm posting pictures here is a C-Dory eye view of the entrance to the South Harbour.

Not the greatest pic but it gives you some idea of the entrance. Note the industrial chic of the wharf warehouse building on the starboard side.

And just in case you might have thought there would be a shortage of Salmon for the Friday BBQ.

For the fishnermen among you, 20lbs, caught on Saturday on the way to Lund, at about 200ft, using a green glow flasher and a green flash fly hootchie. Nice fish.

Looking forward to next weekend.
Cheers
Ron and Anne
bridma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT Reply with quote

Will-C wrote:
Martin,
We are Nanaimo for the night. We will probably head for Comox tomorrow. If the wind lays down. Then on up to Campbell River on Sunday. Then over to Desolation Sound the following day if the weather is right. We left from Bellingham then did Friday Harbor for a night and the next day did a swing through Roche Harbor and on to Bedwell Harbor and got on a mooring ball $9.80 for the night. Left about Bedwell about 5:30 am and made Nanaimo. We are paddling along.
D.D.

Hi Dave,
I will look out for you tomorrow in Comox. Assuming you are coming in and not anchoring out, I will know where to find you.
Unless Campbell River is a must on your cruise I would skip it, (hope I don't upset too many locals). Comox to Desolation for me is 90 mins. You can do it in your RT under 3 hours. Plenty of gas and supplies when you get up there. Lund, Refuge Cove, Gorge Harbour.
Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: