The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/20 - 05/22 - 2016 Friday Harbor CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now booked for the Friday dinner out at the Rumor Mill restaurant with 40 seats available to us starting at 5:30pm. We will start counting heads in a couple of months.

Info on the place:

"The Rumor Mill in Friday Harbor began with a simple equation: Good food + good entertainment = good times. Which, it turns out, out means wholesome food made from ingredients sourced as close to home as possible, in a space created to be comfortable for enjoying live music and dancing. Oh, while staying green along the way. The outcome has been a cross between Peggy’s Italian Grandmothers recipe box, and the closest thing to a nightclub that Friday Harbor has ever seen. We strive to create a menu that appeals to all tastes, with vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options standard as well as on our daily specials. Everything from the lasagna to the spanakopita is lovingly assembled from scratch in our newly remodeled kitchen. Our beer and wine selection beats anything within an hour’s ferry ride, at 23 taps or 35 wines to choose from, plus a fully stocked bar and seasonal cocktail menu, we’re completely confident you will find just what you need to go with the fresh halibut or local lamb. Your drinking water will be filtered, your food scraps composted, and your empty wine bottle recycled, because we care intensely about this earth we all share. Our cloth napkins and tablecloths don’t just look good, they’re better for the environment than paper alternatives. After dinner, hang out and watch any number of great bands."

175 1st St.
Friday Harbor, WA

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are definitely in. Meredith managed to get the weekend off from the hospital! Cool And no conflict w/ our g-son's birthday this year.
friendsoftilly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Friday harbour Reply with quote

Sea Rose will be there -please put us down for the dinner.
Nick
ChaplainTim

City/Region: Steilacoom
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Registration ??? Reply with quote

New to the C Dory community. What is the registration process for the Friday Harbor GT. Thanks. Tim
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Registration ??? Reply with quote

ChaplainTim wrote:
New to the C Dory community. What is the registration process for the Friday Harbor GT. Thanks. Tim

HI Tim,

Welcome to CBRATS, everything C-Dory and a really great bunch of mostly like minded, congenial, (well maybe except for when they are like herding cats), group of great folks.

Friday Harbor is the largest CBGT (C-Brat Get Together) with the most C-Dorys present during the year, anywhere. It is worth the trip, even for some who come without boats.

To answer your question, Sign up is easy. go up to the top of the home page, to the tab bar just under the C-BRATs logo, and find the "Event Signups. Click there. Then go down below the dark blue bar, where it says "Join a Group" and click there. That should bring up a menu that will say "Friday Harbor CBGT" with the date. You should click there and that will put up into the group. Next, go to the box to the right that says "View Information" and click there. That will show you who is signed up and you should be on that list. I know you won't want to do this, but it also gives you the option to "Unsubscribe", like in case you singed up for the St Johns River group in Florida.

I hope that helps and I sure hope we get to meet at Friday Harbor. There will be lots of good boats to see, fun times chatting, and some even go fishing or cruising around that time.

Cheers,

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Friends Reply with quote

Would it be possible for a Montana friend to join us at the gathering this year? They don't own a C-Dory Rolling Eyes but maybe we can convert them. They have a 22 ft GradyWhite. Great FUN people!

Lovin' Our C Dory!

Last edited by Montana Salty on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends are of course welcome. Last year we had a Nordic tug at the docks with us. Bring them and the Grady along! In two past years, there has been a small gathering of Gradys across the docks from our group so they may feel conflicted.

Greg
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I tell them they can dock with us on H? Or will they need to reserve a slip elsewhere? AND THANK YOU. We look forward to this every year!
Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can take a slip next to you so long as there are still slips available. First come first served red as usual. We are planning for 40+

Greg
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are thinking about bringing our bikes along on this trip. We have done this before on other trips and it is fun to explore other areas away from the marina. We do not have folding bikes, just the usual size ones. They fit nicely along the stern of the cockpit. As soon as we are along side the dock, we take them off and chain them up close by. After FH we are planning on staying in the San Juans for another week to go exploring before puttering up to the Gulf Islands.
Anyone else interested in the bike idea?

Martin and Andrea.
bridma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us Canadians going to the gathering there are new entry regulations for Canadian boats entering US waters.
Upon clearing customs in the usual manner we now have to file a CBP-1300 or obtain a cruising license (good for one year) within 48 hrs of arrival, cost $19.
So after checking in and going to my slip, I guess I'll wander up to the Border Patrol office and 'get er done'.
More info can be obtained in the Waggoners.

Martin.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Upon clearing customs in the usual manner we now have to file a CBP-1300 or obtain a cruising license (good for one year) within 48 hrs of arrival, cost $19.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/226/~/pleasure-boats---procedures-for-entering-the-u.s.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridma wrote:
So after checking in and going to my slip, I guess I'll wander up to the Border Patrol office and 'get er done'.

In bold red print: "If your boat has anchored or tied up, you are considered to have entered the United States. No one shall board or leave the boat without first completing customs processing, unless permission to do so is granted by the CBP Officer in charge."

Time was when the skipper could get off and go to the customs office. Sounds like that has changed. Now you need "permission" before anybody gets off.

There is a way to call by cell phone to report. Is that the SVRS program or Nexus card?

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/pleasure-boats-private-flyers/pleasure-boat-overview

I think that I could probably make the procedure more complicated, but it would be difficult.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bridma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I read it is:

I will arrive at FH, tie up at the customs dock, phone in with the required info, then wait on my boat until the officer gives me my clearance number. I will then proceed over to H dock and find a slip. This I have done every year.
Now I have an extra step to take. After I have tied up at H dock I have 48 hrs to go up to the Border Patrol office, fill in the form and pay the $19.

Martin.
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark

Quote:
In bold red print: "If your boat has anchored or tied up, you are considered to have entered the United States. No one shall board or leave the boat without first completing customs processing, unless permission to do so is granted by the CBP Officer in charge."

The following sentence reads: "The only exception to this requirement is to report arrival. If it is necessary for someone to leave the boat to report arrival to CBP, he or she must return to the boat after reporting and remain on board unless instructed otherwise. No one who arrived on that boat may leave until the CBP Officer grants permission to go ashore."

So, it does appear that you can go ashore if you need to. I'm guessing (hoping) it sounds worse than it is.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: