City/Region: Santa Rosa
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: PLAN B
Photos: Jim & Dara (TBD)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pictures!

We have failed to cruise the Delta which is pretty embarrassing given that our house is 20 min from the Petaluma Marina. One of these days we will make it happen, Hopefully for the Extravaganza.

Cheers,

Jim
johnrmarshall22

City/Region: North SF Bay
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Slack Time
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed and Chuck!
Those photos are awesome... Pirate ship coming out of the fog to the Golden Gate Bridge, unforgettable. Thanks again Floyd for providing the platform to share.
John and Laurie
Slack Time
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the contributions John and Ed. I am printing the "Pirate Ship" for myself, fantastic shot Ed!

I need more shots of Sausalito if anyone has some they would like to share.

Again here is the link and the instructions

https://goo.gl/photos/jYkxytHwjfYVLqR28

To add your own images to the album (please do, I need material for video) click on link above to open the Google Album called "14th Annual Delta Extravaganza Shared Album.

Step 1 - Press upper right icon with a + (Edit)
Step 2 - Press Upper Right Icon looks like a picture (Add to Album)
Step 3 - Press Select from Computer - (Upload your pictures)
Step 4 - Wait while it uploads to the album speed depends on your connection. Seems very slow so be patient(there is a progress bar at the bottom of the dialog).

Far C'r - 2001 Cdory 22
Bluechablis - 1992 NorSea 27
Quarter Note - 1972 Cris Craft Sloop
Palantir - 1971 31 Mariner Ketch (Far Seer in Elvish)
Aphrodite - 42 Ft Schooner Jay Benford Design
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

14th Annual Delta Bay Extravaganza 2016

https://youtu.be/JapFGHBii6E

An Opus!

A 5 day adventure tour starts in the Sacramento River Delta with a pack of C-Dory owners known as the “C-Brats”. For the next 155 nmi we travel to Wheeler Island, up the Petaluma River to the town of Petaluma, over to Sausalito and then to the South Bay Marina in San Francisco before we return to our starting point in Rio Vista.

Day 1: Rio Vista to Wheeler Island - Shows our adventure team leaving Delta Marina in Rio Vista and arriving at our first destination, Wheeler Island where our hosts, John and Robbin on Dinner Belle II, have a wonderful dinner planned. There is limited space on the dock and our gaggle of C-Dorys must navigate a shallow entrance and tie up 3 abreast on the small dock. John gives us a guided tour of the wetlands and tells us of the conservancy they are able to provide here for the wildlife. A great time is had by all!

Day 2: Wheeler Island to Petaluma - We do some fishing in the incredible Wheeler Island morning light before we head out across San Pablo Bay. The forecast is for strong winds and so it is quite a ride to the Petaluma River Entrance. Traveling up the river to Petaluma takes us through the largest natural salt marsh in San Pablo Bay covering 5000 acres. We have to make it to the drawbridge by 2pm for our scheduled opening. We have a delay at the first bridge when the operator can not figure out how to make it go! We do make it in and tie up on the public docks in the town center. We enjoy the hopitality of Joel and Susan’s friend Christine at her wonderful Victorian House she is restoriing called Castle Balch.

Day 3: Petaluma to Sausalito - The front has past and a system is moving in with showers by the late afternoon, it is a beautiful ride down the river at low tide and we arrive at Sausalito with the Golden Gate in the distance shrouded in clouds. In the afternoon a group of us explore the south end of Sausalito and discover the “No Name Bar”. You can feel the ghosts of the glory days of Sausalito in the walls.

Day 4: Sausalito to San Francisco - After raining lightly all night there is a break in the drizzle, the seas are flat and it is a perfect time to go out under the Golden Gate Bridge! Dinner Belle and Slack Time show us where the public dock is by the Ferry Building. We hit the shops, Eiko finds Cheese! John and Laurie, Slack Time, arranges a C-Brat dinner at the Yacht Club, a perfect end to a exciting day.

Day 5: Up with the sun for our return trip to Rio Vista. The City is a bit somber with overcast skies as if sorry to see us go. These 5 days of adventure will stay in our memories forever. Many thanks to all that made this trip possible and all the people who have come together to share the experience.

Thank you Slacktime and Lady Madonna for your photo contributions, really outstanding photography! I also uploaded some video clips of Little Bit, Slacktime, Dinner Belle, C-Casa and Dora Jean to the shared album. Sorry I didn’t get an opportunity to film everyone underway.

https://goo.gl/photos/jYkxytHwjfYVLqR28
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd-

I finally sat down to see it!

You truly outdid yourself this year with your video documentary. Your work reminds me of Ken Burns!

Thanks for all your labor of love work. In 30 minutes I relived 5 days of adventure and fellowship.

I think this video was one of your best ever. I like the way you used the still phots with the videos. The music was also great and appropriate.

If you're going to San Francisco, ... You're gonna meet some gentle people there .......

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any confirmation of the 2017 dates yet? Last I heard was April 5-9th. Getting anxious to go, even though I know it's still several months off. (But anticipation helps the snow fly by faster here in the midwest!) Keep me on the list Jim. Wife and I will both be there. Would like to swing by Arizona on the way out, but now wondering if boating in waters around Phoenix, or Lake Havasu, will require some "drying" time due to all the invasive species rules/restrictions. What kind of inspection, if any, is required at Rio Vista for boats arriving from out of state? And if this all goes off as I hope, we will spend another week (5 days) after the cruise in the area if anyone else is also hanging around. Ideally we'd be able to head up towards Sacramento and back. Colby
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am looking forward to going again this year....promise....

I will not break my back this year... that fall sure hurt..

Joel
SEA3PO
Elsilva

City/Region: Patterson
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Lady Madonna
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for 2017 15th Annual Delta
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently in Eastern Europe. We will post dates for the 2017 event sometime in January or February.

We need to Coordinate with John and Robbin at the Duck Club and with South Beach Marina in San Francisco.

Jim & Kath
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: