The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Port Harvey Marine Resort "Setback"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Port Harvey Marine Resort "Setback" Reply with quote

I was alerted to this information from another thread just this morning and thought there might be others who are interested in this as well. Here is a quote from the Port Harvey Marine Resort Face Book page:

Quote:
“On 25th November Port Harvey suffered a major setback when our barge suffered a catastrophic damage causing it to sink. We are in the process of cleaning up the mess and trying to salvage whatever we can. Given the age of the barge (73 years) it was not able to be insured which while being a setback will not stop Gail and I from continuing on and making sure we have the Red Shoe functioning in the 2016 season. At the moment we are concentrating on the issues at hand and then will sit down and make a plan for the future which we will share with all our friends here. Gail and I feel that we have our health so this is only a set back that can be dealt with.”

There are pictures of the barge, or what is left of it, the store, and the upper floor Red Shoe restaurant. These are all on their Face Book page here

I had a great time at Port Harvey, really enjoying George’s great Fish and Chips, cinni buns, and he even made a loaf of bread for me before I left. It was my favorite place to stop in the Broughtons and I am planning on going back next summer. This “setback” as they put it on their FB page, is a tough one. They are sounding very positive, and for those of us who have stopped there, I’m sure they would appreciate our support.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone had Port Harvey on their prospects for next summer. They have had a pretty big week/weekend around the July 1 & 4 dates. Last Summer, Captain Charles concert and fireworks.

Hope to see some other Brats there next summer.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is a tough to see and wish them good luck
Lost Petrel

City/Region: Potter Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Wild Blue
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to try and be up there probably not until late August though.

http://lostpetrel.blogspot.com/
Other boats;
Cape Dory Typhoon
Pearson Ariel
My Galleries
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures on their blog here...

http://www.portharvey.blogspot.com/

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad, great people with a great marina. Had a wonderful fish and chips dinner and home made bread and cinnamon rolls here. Harvey and I had a good tromp thru the forest making anti bear noise and eating fresh blackberries off the bush
We plan to stop in this coming season it's a great place with room to walk which is rare in the Broughton's
George
hardee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

I didn't forget the walk but in reading your post I remembered the mosquitoes Embarassed I think that was the only place in The Broughtons I ran into them. Hope we can meet up there again.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Rain

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Glory
Photos: C-Glory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: gofundme.com Reply with quote

Maybe a gofundme.com effort would be appropriate. I have never been there, but they seem like deserving folks; I would contribute.

https://www.gofundme.com/

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked all through the GoFundMe information and it looks like a doable and good idea. Unfortunately one of the requirements to set up a fund is to have a FaceBook account. Since I do not have one, (and I can't set one up now because in order for them to consider it a viable account, you have to have a "reasonable" amount of "friends" so I guess I am out of the running for now.

Wish I could help better.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the Port Harvey Marine Resort FaceBook page. Want to keep this around and keep the level of awareness up. These are really great folks. Hope to be able to see them at the Seattle Boat Show.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Capn Jack

City/Region: La Conner
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Pocket Yacht
Photos: Pocket Yacht
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Distruction at Port Harvey Reply with quote

Really sorry to see that. Port Harvey has always been our first and last stop when visiting the Broughtons. We will continue to patronize them even if they only have dock space available. Our wishes for a speedy rebuild.

Glory Be / Pocket Yacht Thumbs Up
BrentB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: gofundme.com Reply with quote

Rain wrote:
Maybe a gofundme.com effort would be appropriate. I have never been there, but they seem like deserving folks; I would contribute.

Good idea

I will donate
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: gofundme.com Reply with quote

BrentB wrote:
Rain wrote:

Good idea

I will donate

Hi Brent,

Thanks, I think a lot of folks would if there was a go fund me account. I don't have a FaceBook account so I can't set one up, and if I did, i have to have a Face Book history before "GoFundMe" will allow me to set up an account.

Thanks Brent.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

BrentB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

Anyone have their current mailing address ?

I will mail a card and check. It will not be a lot but our Florida home was hit hard by Hurricane Charley and we lost an investment home (it was my mother's home) due to once in a lifetime flood and we received an overwhelming amount of support that we will never forget. Hopefully the card will bring some cheer and encouragement to start over

thanks
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYBE I should clarify up front, that, other than sharing the same name as this marine resort, I have not other interest there except: It was a neat place to stay, with nice people and good food.

I have a current update from George and Gail Caimbridge from Port Harvey Marine Resort. I just spoke with both of them and although it is a really tough situation, they are both upbeat and moving ahead. They have had lots of contact, calls and cards, and take comfort in that there are so many folks who care.

George was on the beach, burning what is left of their dream. hard work, both physically and emotionally. They were able to save, some of the restaurant equipment; pizza oven, deep fryer and grill, but it may not be salvageable. The barge will be brought up onto the beach and burned. It is probably not going to be reusable. The docks are still there, and we may be eating in a tent, but they will have pizza and fish and chips.

Gail is in Alberta, tending to home, family and business there. Thankful for kind thoughts and prayers, calls and cards. She is there knowing it is hard for George to be on the island by himself, but it is what is working for them now.

Contact info:
Port Harvey Marine Resort or
George and Gail Cambridge

Suite 108,
1434 Ironwood St,
Campbell River, BC V9W5T5, Canada

portharveymarine@gmail.com

cambridge@xplornet.com

Phone: 250-902-9003, 780-524-6520

They will be at the Seattle Boat Show, with new PH yacht Club burgees and their schedule book. It will probably be after that they actually get a chance to figure out what will go on back at East Cracroft Island.

There may be something in the works for a GoFundMe account, but I can't say yet. Will pass that on as soon as I have correct details.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: