The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/29 - 01/31 - Seattle Boat Show 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Susan, Tom and everyone....Amy and I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!!!

All the best,

Crazy John Frazey
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time so thank you for putting it on and already looking forward to 2017!

Still dreaming about that Sargo 31,

Greg and Cindie

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fun. On the ferry homeward bound. Tired feet.

Harvey
SleepyC

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:

Harvey
SleepyC

Ferry?? You PNW guys have a interesting landscape up there. Lol
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
hardee wrote:

Harvey
SleepyC

Ferry?? You PNW guys have a interesting landscape up there. Lol

Yup we do Exclamation By air, I live about 55 miles from Seattle; On the map its a shade over an inch. I left the boat show at 1800, left the hotel at 1900, missed tho 2000 ferry by 30 seconds --> Yeah really Evil or Very Mad I think the guy in the car in front of me smarted off to the ticket agent so he held him up just long enough to miss the boat, So, I had to wait until the 2010 ferry. One stop for gas and I got home at 2245, for about 3 hours, less the ferry wait of an hour and the 30 minute ferry ride. Comes out to about 1.5 hours drive, and 30 min ferry ride, so a minimum of 2 hours and that could be stretched another hour if the Hood Canal bridge is open for ship traffic. On a trip to Seattle for an appointment, I allow at least a 4 hour lead time, just in case.

Really enjoyed the weekend. Missed some folks at the pot luck, (Sorry Andy), and Tim and crew - sympathies, and Ruth and Joe. Hope all is OK there.

I did have some really interesting visits with the "WayPoint Marine" folks. I will address that in a different thread. Saw some cool stuff, like the RidigX LED lights on the bow of the SeaSports, and I noticed head lights of some sort on several other boats as well. Oh, the 22 Cruiser on display. How do I say this, aaahhhh mmmmm REALLY FINE. Good job guys. Now all you gotta do is tell somebody you are building nice boats again.

You all have a good night, stay safe and dream big.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time seeing every one.

Thanks Susan and Tom for coordinating everything... it all worked out great.

Take care,
Dan & Tanya
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a GREAT time.... Roger (C-halk) and I flew up, we both enjoyed seeing everyone and the dinner was just super.... I ate a ton of shrimp...could not understand why no one was eating them....later I thought...dah ! all you folks fish for shrimp so it is not such a neat thing to you'all.... I loved it..

I did not buy much at the show...a book was about all...did get to see some of that teak deck material that looks so nice... and one of the best things about the event was the hotel...I loved the shuttle and the service was super...

Susan you really did a neat job..well done.. sure had a great time and it was well worth coming all that way....

Joel
SEA3PO
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful job of organizing this event Susan. The venue was perfect. And of course, it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones as well. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
SEA3PO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I looked at everything...even the boats in the water display...and for what I want...I still think the C-dory is the best boat...not so thrilled with the Yamaha motors though...might have done that different...

Something about all the maintenance and fuel costs...not to mention the original outlay and insurance kinda cured me of the new boat desire...

Old boat...fine wine (or any wine)... good company .....priceless

Joel
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody post pictures of the new '22 on display at the SBS for those of us who can't get there?

Thanks.
SEA3PO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think C-Dory kinda pooped out with their display... the boat was not as detailed as ones I have seen in the past...it was in a horrible spot, kinda overshowded by larger boats...and tucked into a tiny spot..

The cabin was not decorated as it should have been ... no literature ...and a girl showing the boat that had no idea of what it was... it was a nice boat...a blue high top...no stove... had gauges for a twin but only had a single Honda on it... I noticed that they had put one battery in each lazzeret .... kinda killed lots of space....the Barber seat was loose and flopped around...leatherette interior... kinda gave the boat a plain jane look...too bare..

Like the company man said...they now have 6 lines of boats and have to look hard at the profit margins... not to thrilled to hear that.. I do think the boat was fine, but just not presented as we would have like to see it featured...

I would like to see them install the batteries (sealed batteries) at the bulkhead under the sleeping platforms and have a access cover over them...sure would help with the rear weight and the balance..plus give more storage room in the back...

Joel
SEA3PO
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting that everyone else who stayed there will be getting a survey from Silver Cloud. If we want to go back next year, and a good deal we need to let them know we would consider it with a good offer. That might make Susan's job easier and add a bit of clout when it comes time to set it up for next year.

Seemed like a good location, and super shuttle service to me. Some confusion as to where the CPRATS were supposed t be, but nothing insurmountable.

See you all nest year.

Susan, Thanks again, you did great.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEA3PO wrote:
I think C-Dory kinda pooped out with their display... the boat was not as detailed as ones I have seen in the past...it was in a horrible spot, kinda overshowded by larger boats...and tucked into a tiny spot..

The cabin was not decorated as it should have been ... no literature ...and a girl showing the boat that had no idea of what it was... it was a nice boat...a blue high top...no stove... had gauges for a twin but only had a single Honda on it... I noticed that they had put one battery in each lazzeret .... kinda killed lots of space....the Barber seat was loose and flopped around...leatherette interior... kinda gave the boat a plain jane look...too bare..

Like the company man said...they now have 6 lines of boats and have to look hard at the profit margins... not to thrilled to hear that.. I do think the boat was fine, but just not presented as we would have like to see it featured...

I would like to see them install the batteries (sealed batteries) at the bulkhead under the sleeping platforms and have a access cover over them...sure would help with the rear weight and the balance..plus give more storage room in the back...

Joel
SEA3PO

Its interesting contrast that when Ron gave us the tour in August - everything in build was C-Dory.

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I want to thank Susan for her work on this thru out the year. She was really stressed if it would all work out. Glad we had a great turn out. Had we left this up to me we would have all been sleeping under the over pass with the rest of the Mayors friends. Really it was all Susans hard work and she deserves all the praise.

I did want to point out for the future a few things that made this location work and those that did not come did not see.

1) The rooms are great and well priced for seattle. No really they are not high for this city.

2)The hotel serves breakfast every morning. Really, breakfast ,not that fruit and muffin b.s. you see at a lot of places. You can have fruit and muffins but also
potatoes, eggs and sausage. Oh and fresh waffles to.

3) The hotel is with in walking distance of the boats afloat show and several restaurants.

4) The hotel provides a free shuttle that will pick you up at the train station, boat show or just about anywhere in Seattle. regular stops at the space needle, pikes place, and other land mark's. We stayed at the boat show Monday until 7pm and they came and got us at no charge.

5) FREE PARKING. Most hotel in Seattle charge for parking. 10 to 20 a day for guess. Here its FREE. So free parking and a free ride to the show.

6) The pot luck area- Its in the same space as the breakfast area ( see the pic in the album) . Lots of counter space for the dishes. Plugs for keeping hot dishes hot and two sinks for washing up. Hell I cooked the meat balls right there in the pot luck area with no problems. So no matter what you bring we will have room and power to keep it hot. The room also has a great view of the lake and the city.

Could not have found us a better place to hold this event and we all owe it to susan because I did noting but cook and stand where I was told to when I was told to. Wink

hardee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Hug Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hug

Thanks for finding a great place and for getting it done. I wonder if we can make a pre reservation for next year yet. Pretty sure, the more rooms we book, the better price we can get. Maybe not so much difference on the room rate but on the meeting room, which was really great.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: