The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Sold-2003 C-Dory 22, Honda 90 and EZ L Alum Tr $24,900 US

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pierrelesperance

City/Region: Naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: EVERGREEN
Photos: EVERGREEN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Sold-2003 C-Dory 22, Honda 90 and EZ L Alum Tr $24,900 US Reply with quote

2003 C-Dory 22 Foot Cruiser for sale with a Honda BF90A (296.4 Hours) and an EZ Loader dual Axle Custom Built Aluminum Trailer. $24,900 US

The boat has been well maintained and is ready to launch. It has been used for daylight cruising. The engine has just been serviced including a positive compression test. It is currently located in Kingsburg, Nova Scotia where I maintain a summer residence. The Boat is registered in Florida.

It includes the following features:
NAVMAN GPS Tracker 5000i
Ritchie Compass
Thetford Porta-Potti 100-135
2.3 Gallon Holding Tank
110V Shore Power
Potable VHS Radio
Green Sunbrella interiors with Snap on Cushions
Green Sunbrella AFT Cover
Green Sunbrella Battery Skirt
Privacy Zip Down Curtain
QT-206 Depth Sounder
Automatic Electric Bilge Pump
Two 20 gallon fuel tanks
Two (Spring 2015) Batteries
Danforth Chain Anchor
Perko battery Switch
Guest Pro 10 Amp Battery Charger
New Bottom Anti fouling Paint

Click on Evergreen to see Photos
C-Val

City/Region: White Rock
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Seaduced
Photos: C-Val
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I wished I lived in Nova Scotia!
1988 22' Angler
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the commuter model? I don't see any galley, or table--yet advertised as "cruiser".

Thanks,

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, I think you are right. It looks like there is a bench aft of the helm seat and aft of the port side seat as well.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

pierrelesperance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: C-Dory 22 Reply with quote

Bob and Harvey, I have the original owner's manual and it's a 22' C-Dory Cruiser Manual with the Hull Serial # CD022139G303. It does not have a galley and a table but a front facing passenger seat and a bench seat behind it. So what is it? I Bought the boat in 2007. Should I call the manufacturer? They are not easy to get hold of. Does it affect the value much? I have had a lot of enjoyment boating over the last eight years on this boat but of course, I have used it as a daylight cruiser.
pierrelesperance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: It's a C-Dory 22 Cruiser Reply with quote

Bob and Harvey, I just spoke to a C-Dory Dealer and tells me that it is definitely a C-Dory 22 Cruiser but it is configured differently. Spoke to David Hamblet owner of Y Landing Marina in Meridith, NH. He also tells me that It could be easily reconfigured to install a galley and table since this vintage has plywood cabinets vs fiberglass in more current models. He also tells me that I have priced the boat fairly.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has two inward facing "bench" seats aft of forward facing pilot/co-pilot seats. then I think it's the "Commuter" version, as Thataway notes above. I think it's still a Cruiser though, just the Commuter version. Not positive on that, but I think they called any of the boats with the longer cabin a Cruiser (as opposed to an Angler with the shorter cabin).

I think there was also a version without a hard aft cabin bulkhead, but I forget what that was called.

For anyone who might be interested, there is a set of photos in the galleries that show how an owner got creative with making a galley over the starboard side commuter bench. This allowed using the "benches" for sleeping (kids) plus having a galley. Was pretty slick (galley was underneath a fold up top, sort of like the galley on a VW Westfalia). I'll see if I can remember the boat name and post it back.

Okay, here it is. It's the C-Eagle. Note that this is not the boat for sale in this thread, but presuming it is the same design of interior (Commuter), it gives a look around the model, and also shows how the clever owner was able to retain the features of the benches but also have a galley. Not that one needs to do that of course - just depends on one's use. Pierre, if this seems like an interruption in your thread, I can ask the mods to delete it. The first three sub-albums you will see show it the most:

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album379&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sunbeam is onto something there.

Yes it is technically a "Cruiser" based on the cabin size (length of the roof line front to rear),
AND
Yes it is a "Commuter" version of the Cruiser cabin,

And for most user purposing it would not be a "Cruiser" without the dinette table, sink, cooking stove of some type, ((and that could be debatable, but the most common standard is the Wallas cooktop/cabin heater combined) and water tank.

The usual "Cruiser" has all of those, plus a forward facing aft (Port side) seat plus the forward port side seat as well, which some face forward, some face back and some (the Barber chair) is a sliding, reversible seat.

Having those options will increase the usability value of the boat for those who are looking for a cruising vessel, where cruising is considered at least overnight, more like weekends or weeks to months. Those options too, will increase the $$ value on purchase and resale.

So, you are correct in advertising it as a Cruiser, but I would also think it would be good to make it clear that it is the Commuter version as well, and as you know it is plenty great for day cruises with family or friends.

Quote:
I have the original owner's manual and it's a 22' C-Dory Cruiser Manual with the Hull Serial # CD022139G303. It does not have a galley and a table but a front facing passenger seat and a bench seat behind it. So what is it? I Bought the boat in 2007. Should I call the manufacturer?

The owners manual was for the basic boat which was based on the cabin size not it's accouterments. I don't think calling the mfg will be of much help to you, but you are welcome to try. There have been several changes since that boat was made.

I hope this has helped answer your questions.

Best in your sale adventure,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the boat is very well priced and a good buy. But it is not the "cruiser" configuration in the cabin--the hull, cabin etc are all the same in "cruiser" and "Commuter" Versions. If someone buys it as a cruiser, he will have to do a fair amount of woodwork to do the conversion. I did recommend this boat to the potential buyer form Australia, in a private E-mail.

There is a good solution in the album which Sunbeam linked to. But it is not a "drop in". The water tank has to be placed, then the plumbing, and pump. Very ingenious for that boat, which apparently can sleep 4, but eat two...I am sure that there is some way to arrange a table between the two benches if one desired.

The boat being in Nova Scotia makes it a bit more difficult to sell (especially this time of year). I looked up about the Ferry "Nova Star" between Maine and Nova Scotia, and found that the Ferry Vessel had been seized by the US Marshalls and the Nova Scotia Government apparently has pulled the ferry permit on that end.

Good luck with the sale.
pierrelesperance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: C-Dory 22 Cruiser Commuter configuration Reply with quote

Thank you for all your input. I plan to deliver the boat to any location
on the east coast. I have a current survey as well. It is registered in Florida, so the fact that the boat is currently in Nova Scotia is not a problem. I'm leaving for the US next week and I'm bringing the boat with me.
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat coming back to the US, makes it an even better buy!
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a veritable steal in every sense of the word. Wow. Nice boat! I kinda like the fact that it's not a cruiser OR an angler. Lol. It's in between; like Bruce Jenner. Sorry for the stupid joke. i couldn't resist.

Good luck to the OP. Awesome boat again.
pierrelesperance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: The Boat was sold on Monday Dec 8 Reply with quote

The boat sold on Monday and heading for Portland, WA from Portland, ME.
The C-Brats website did it. I wish to thank all of those who support the C-Brats community. From the day I joined, I have always received great advice on any topic I posted. I'm going to miss my C-Dory and the C-Brats community. Thank you again.
thataway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the sale, and to the new owner. It was a great buy, and someone got a good boat. It confirms that when a good boat comes along, jump on it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: