The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/04 - 03/06 - St. John's River, Florida 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: St johns river Reply with quote

What fun Jan and Lee from the "Tully-B" had at the 2016 St. Johns River Gathering. When we met Tom and Joyce this past summer on the Mississippi River they invited us to join them on the St Johns. We are so glad that we did, it gave us the opportunity to be re-connected with old friends, some of them we had not seen since our first gathering on the Mississippi some four years ago when we first got the "Tully-B"

We sure enjoyed the seminars that Joyce and Tom set up, Dr. Bob was a fount of information. I was sorry that I missed Cliff's history lesson but I was in town with Tom and some of the other guys getting the chicken for the Saturday evening pot-luck.

We loved the silent auction that Pat and Hank put on that helped to raise over $400.00 for the park. They also guided a number of C-Dorys on the Friday cruise around the island that was most enjoyable.

Fun, fun, fun was had by all and we sure that we get to join you all next year. We also look forward to seeing some of you this coming September on the Mississippi. Lee and Jan
jjpeek1948

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone at the St. Johns c-dory gathering of 2016 that so generously gave a memorial to my dear parted husband Bruce Cassal. We had so hoped to make the gathering but he passed much sooner than we ever thought he would. I am so touched by what Tom and Joyce told me that there will be a bench, plaque and a grill installed in Bruce's memory. I hope to be at the gathering next year.

Love to you all.

Joyce Cassal
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joyce......

In a first so far as anyone knows, 4 C-Dory's explored the waters of the Econlockhatchee River. Bruce was "toasted", and for me personally, I half expected to see the Carpy coming downstream. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you and Bruce had already been there before but I've no doubt he'd have been in his element. He will be missed.

Tom and the "other" Joyce......

You can sure be proud of your efforts for this years gathering. I can tell you that every single Brat I encountered thoroughly enjoyed the gathering. I'm also very proud of the memorial monies you and your team raised to leave a fitting tribute to one of our own. I will post my pics soon.

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a few photos from the gathering, and some further exploration of the St. Johns. I'll get captions and more on the Econlockhatchee river trip.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Hontoon Island Gathering Reply with quote

Monday, March 22, 2016
St Johns River Hontoon Island Gathering 3/4/2016 3/6/2016

Thirty five (35) C-Dory boats must be a record for any GATHERING. You bet the Arkansas Cotton Choppers had a great time, thank to Tom and Joyce for their expertise in planning..

After the gathering we cruised the Atlantic ICW to Savannah, GA. for a two day tourist type visit. The ICW presented challenges, eight foot tides, poor anchorages, swift currents, and grounding however the many islands offered a beautiful unexpected six hundred and ninety mile surprise, a twelve day round trip.

NOW, our age may limit our boating to area lakes and our Red River.

Bill and Brenda Russell 2 Lafayette 24, Stamps, AR. 71860 870-533-2663

Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Hontoon Island Gathering Reply with quote

Monday, March 22, 2016
St Johns River Hontoon Island Gathering 3/4/2016 3/6/2016

Thirty five (35) C-Dory boats must be a record for any GATHERING. You bet the Arkansas Cotton Choppers had a great time, thank to Tom and Joyce for their expertise in planning..

After the gathering we cruised the Atlantic ICW to Savannah, GA. for a two day tourist type visit. The ICW presented challenges, eight foot tides, poor anchorages, swift currents, and grounding however the many islands offered a beautiful unexpected six hundred and ninety mile surprise, a twelve day round trip.

NOW, our age may limit our boating to area lakes and our Red River.

Bill and Brenda Russell 2 Lafayette 24, Stamps, AR. 71860 870-533-2663
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Brenda....It was good to see you again. I believe you've made all three gatherings to date. I just added my pics to the gathering album. There are a couple of you and your boat, Falcon. May the future bring you fair winds and calm seas, or lakes, or rivers. Best to you both!

James
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hontoon Island C-Brats
Just wanted to let you know how Bruce's memorial is coming along. We visited the park yesterday and took a couple photos of the new grill for the marina . Ken the park manager in the photo is thrilled to have it for the park. They are short handed now but will soon have it in place and move the old one to a different location. The bench is also waiting to be installed. We also presented the balance of the funds left over to the park for memorial plaques. Planning on a dedication at the CBGT in Match.

While Bruce will be missed by the group his memory will live on because of all your generous donations and hard work. We trust that his wife Joyce will be able to join us for the dedication next year. The dates for next years gathering will be Tuesday March 7th through Thursday March 9th.

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Looking forward to next year, and Rosanne plans to come with me this time! Smile Colby
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received this from Ken Tories at Hontoon Island State Park. They used the aerial photo taken during the Third Annual CBGT at Hontoon Island on their website and brochure. Almost all the boats are ours! The park is already planning for our return on Tuesday March 7th.

Colby......We are glad that Rosanne will be able to make it this time. Joyce and I will not be taking the C-Otter north this year so we will miss the Apostle Islands. Just cant do everything but wish we could. Have a great time...Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: