The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/04 - 03/06 - St. John's River, Florida 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Weekly update Reply with quote

Hi All
So far we have 15 boats and owners that have either signed up or informed me that they plan on attending. I expect that number to grow quite a bit by March...how exciting. We have slips for about 40 boats.
John and Karen it will be good to see you and the Blues Cruiser back again this year.
It's great that we have lots of new folks coming to explore the St. John's River. Once again ....make sure that you allow extra days to explore. There is the Ocklawaha River, Silver Glen Springs, the trip to DeLeon Springs, the monkeys on the Silver River and much more.
Till next week.....Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
hank clow

City/Region: L'Anse
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meri Aura
Photos: Meri Aura
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: St. Johns River Gathering Reply with quote

Meri Aura and her crew will be there.

Hank and Pat Clow
outbackbill

City/Region: Mocksville
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Blue Days
Photos: Blue Days
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Hontoon Island gathering Reply with quote

We will be arriving mid January to marina host again. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Bill and Becky
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: St johns river Reply with quote

I am not sure if I was successful in signing up or not, but Lee and Jan on the Tully-B plan on being there.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My probability of being there, just got higher! Wink (Retired from full time bus driver to on call sub as needed.....) Now it mostly depends upon how much snow the Midwest gets and if I can get the boat out of my back yard come March! Xmas Eek
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: st johns river Reply with quote

Colby, Glad to hear that the chances of you and Rosanne attending have greatly increased. When you make your final decision, let me know your departure date and maybe we can rendzevous with you guys on the way down. Lee and Jan on the Tully-B
colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that Lee, except I'm not sure if Rosanne will be with me. (Depends on her work schedule this time, not mine! lol) I'm pretty wide open with times. If I can get out of here (snow doesn't have the boat stuck in, or no big storms forecast), I would want to spend a few extra days down in the area to make it worth the trip. If you have an itinerary, let me know and I can probably meet it. Just PM me, unless you want to post it here. Colby
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
Greetings from sometimes sunny Florida. I was out last week on a friends boat on the St. Johns and the water is still high so Hank and Pat when you get here in December we will have to spend a night at DeLeon Springs and stay for breakfast.
Lee and Jan glad you plan on joining us on the St. Johns River. I only wish Jan could bring some of her fantastic pies along. We will see if can find some acceptable pies for our gathering.
Bill and Becky.....see you in January. Think about an Ocklawaha River to Lake Dora Trip.
Colby....About time you fully retired! I see you were thinking on go to the Apalachicola gathering. Joyce and I will have to take your place. She got back a week early so we can go.

Joyce will be listing information on launching and storage areas today.

Until then....Tom
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting to see the list of those coming to the Hontoon Island gathering growing. Here's some launch and storage info:

Hontoon Island State Park
2309 River Ridge Rd, Deland FL 32720 386-736-5309
There is no reservation available for slips, but there are 40 and once a boat arrives, they can save one more spot for someone else. Arriving on Friday or before is not going to be problem.
Parking for those who drive to the event and will take the free ferry over. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to sunset (We can work out transport for someone staying later for dinner)

Ed Stone Park
2990 W. SR44, Deland FL 32720
NE corner of Hwy 44 and St Johns River intersection.
Free public boat ramp with parking. If longtime parking we park off to the side a bit. So far no problems with truck & trailing safety, even a few weeks.

Astor Marine LLC
24535 State Rd 40, Astor FL 32102 352-759-3655
Secure, fenced in storage. Off the river 1/4 mile, but will provide transportation to and from the public boat launch area. $30/month.

Holly Bluff Marina
2280 Hontoon Rd., Deland FL 32720 386-822-9992
Launch $10, storage $5 per day. Gas available.
1/2 mile from Hontoon Island

St John's Marina N & S 386-736 6601
New facility N and revamp of Pier 44 S. Opening in January. Need to check then for specifics. Have gas and ramp and said they would have truck and trailer parking available. At Hwy 44 and St Johns River intersection.

Hontoon Landing Resort & Marina
2317 River Ridge Rd., Deland FL 32720 800-248-2474
Hop, skip and jump away from Hontoon Island.
For anyone needing lodging nearby, with or without a boat.

A schedule of events will follow in a month or so. If you have any other questions, just PM us. Joyce
Flint

City/Region: Marathon
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Grace Full
Photos: Grace Full
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: St Johns River Reply with quote

Leslie and I hope to be there this year. We will keep in touch about this event. We love the St. John's River.

Flint and Leslie Firestone.
M/V Grace Full
Flint

City/Region: Marathon
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Grace Full
Photos: Grace Full
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: St Johns River Reply with quote

Leslie and I hope to be there this year. We will keep in touch about this event. We love the St. John's River.

Flint and Leslie Firestone.
M/V Grace Full
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still planning on coming down, but may be solo. Since it's a bit of a drive, I will stay a bit longer to cruise around the area. Interested in knowing if anyone else will be doing the same thing? I'm thinking the best time will be after the gathering weekend, but if anyone is in the area before the gathering, I can come down earlier too. Colby (P.s., all dependent upon no snowstorms here at home during that time frame! Xmas Eek BTW, need some better info on launching. Driving down from the north, what is the best recommendation for launching and leaving the tow vehicle? (If leaving for more than just the weekend...)
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife and I are excited about gathering ,hope to make it.I have to research scallop season,if its same time may go over to west coast area to try it before or after gathering,always wanted to give it a try. Few years ago we swam with manatees at three sisters spring and I did some diving at Weeki Wachee that's where I got idea for scallop trip.
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flint and Leslie....hope that you can make it for the gathering. The St. John's is a magical place. My wife and I just spent the last few days on some side rivers going from Hontoon State Park to DeLeon state park for a pancake breakfast with fellow C-Brats.

Colby.....Astor Marine is a good place to leave a tow rig. I plan on traveling north on the river after the gathering if you're interested. Don't get snowed in!

Larry....I think March is way to early for scallops...but we usually see manatees on the St John's. Although none this last trip. Saw lots of other wildlife. Guarantee that there will be a bunch of C-Brats and C-Dorys on hand next March on Hontoon Island. Trust you can make it.

Tom
colbysmith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom. I'll plan on launching and then parking the car and trailer at Astor then. I'll have to figure out my plans once I get there, but hope to spend at least a week in the area. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: