The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/23 - 10/25 - Appalachicola Gathering 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer to the dates . Hope to see a few more folks but we have our regular core group coming . If anybody needs help finding accomodations let me know . We have our caja china ready for this years event !
Marc

Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Bears is still on the Cumberland and will be for a few more days. Then it's laundry and other house keeping, so we won,t arrive in Apalach until just before the gathering. We will probably launch under the bridge and boat in.

Chuck

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering. If a guy was able to show up at the last minute, where would they plan on launching? And there has been talk of Best Western and other lodges. Are there places to tie up and stay on their boat?
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battery Park Marina usually has slips if our Wefings slips [in that Marina] are not available . If you are mostly self contained the Rivercrest lodge has places to tie up and even has a launch ramp for early arrivals and Sun/Mon departures . The water street Marina has slips with power and water and its not far from the gathering location .We can always find a spot for you !
Marc
damason

City/Region: Valparaiso, Florida
Photos: CHARITY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Apalachicola Gathering Reply with quote

In Apalachicola you can launch at the city marina. They have a really nice boat launch area and you can park your vehicle and trailer under the John Gorrie bridge. It is a safe place to leave your vehicle/trailer parked. You can stay at the city marina almost for free. The police are supposed to collect the dock rent but I have stayed there and no one ever comes around to collect. You are only 1 block from downtown.

If you want to stay on your boat I would suggest the Water Street Marina and Motel on Sippio Creek. I think slip rental is $1.50 per foot with a 25 cent discount if you are a BoatUS member. They provide electricity and water and have a nice shower. The motel/condo rooms are very expensive during this time of year. The Rivercrest gathering area is up Sippio Creek about a half of mile.

The Best Western is 2 miles from downtown and that is where I am staying as I have sold my C-Dory.

Other places to stay:
Apalachicola Inn
Gibson Hotel
El Rancho
Coombs Bed and Breakfast
and many others

Try checking places to stay in Apalachicola on TRIVAGO

Apalachicola is a small town of about 3000 citizens. The downtown is about 2 blocks by 2 blocks in area. Check out the ice cream shop and the chocolate - gelato place. My pick for seafood is the Seafood Grill on the corner by the blinking light. 6 blocks west from the marina is a Piggly Wiggly Grocery store. Be sure and visit the "Tin Shed" for lots of old marine artifacts and stuff.

If you go online to one of the map providers you can look at and print a map of Apalachicola that shows you where everything is.

If you need anymore help, send me a private message and I will help you.

Once a C-Brat - Always a C-Brat!
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, best laid plans......
I was really hoping to get there this year and it seemed like all the planets were aligned and it was going to happen but alas it is not to be. due to my Father passing there will not be a vacation in my near future. Cry but the bright side is that there is always next year ( hopefully)

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on marina's. I was giving some possible thought to coming down. However, in retrospect, I've got prior plans on both sides of the gathering, with little time to make the trip. None the less, still good info to know for next time.... Colby
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you cant make it Roger , plan for next year !
Marc
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more boats a RiverCrest the better! There is minimal power, and sea walls to tie to. Great place for others to get ideas from your boat, and new folks to see the C Dory. A great advantage is the time spent with other C Brats. If you just go for the "meals"--and some even miss those!-- I believe that you miss a lot of the essence of the gathering. Of course if you just want to stroll the streets of Apalachicola, and hang out at the "Gibson", or "Boss Oyster", that is another story! (These places, and others certainly deserve to be visited, and the town explored--and that is the reason that some years we have come several days early, and left several days other the gathering--or come back the next week for another one of the great festivals which occur in Apalachicola!)

The food at Rivercrest is reason enough to go. If you miss the really fresh oysters, Shrimp, the omelets, the slow roast pig, other slow cooked barbecue, and all of the fixings...plus free beer etc, you have missed out on a gastronomic treat.

Quote:
The Rivercrest gathering area is up Sippio Creek about a half of mile.

I'll have to disagree with this. From the turning basin at the end of the commercial part of Scipio Creek it is about 2.2 miles on the water to Rivercrest. From the main entrance of Scipio Creek, off the river, it is about 3 miles, From the launching ramp it is about 3.75 miles on the water.

By dirt boat: we come in off 98 South East bound, and turn on Airport Road, to Bluff Road ~ 1.3 mi, then to Bay City Road ~ .67 mile, right on Bay City Road, about 350 feet and then L at the fork, on Bay City (not Smith), continue on Bay City Road about .55 mile, and you then turn Right at River Crest the map shows "Walker Road"--you will see the divided road going to River Crest. From Town, get on Bluff Road, in town 12th street.

Lat and Long: 29.748202, -85.018530

Unfortunately we have some doctors appointments on Thursday PM, so we are coming by dirt boat again...leave the lights on--since it'll probably be after dark when we get there (or we may stop for the night on the way down.

There are so many good C Brat gatherings, and each has its own special flavor--but Apalachicola, in our opinion, offers the best food (OK--the Duck Club on the Delta is also superb!). Sea food--certainly the best!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
anchorout

City/Region: Lake Charles
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: EZ DUZIT
Photos: EZ DUZIT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: GC Gathering Reply with quote

The mate and I plan to launch at the city marina late Monday or AM Tuesday. Depending on the conditions, we might head East and check out Carrabella and maybe on to the old fort, or up the ICW (the oxbows make great anchorages). Plan to dock at the Rivercrest for the weekend. It will be great to see everyone again.
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy day! My wife was scheduled to be away till late next week. Things have changed and she returned home sooner. So .....we signed up to join everyone at the C-Brat gathering next week. We plan to tow the C-Otter up on Wednesday. Will most likely launch at the city Marina and go up to Rivecrest.
Marc ....thanks for hosting this.
Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Bears is now based at C Quarters Marina in Carrebelle. Will do some laundry & things here and some anchor out behind the local islands before the gathering.

Chuck
flrockytop

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: The Last One (to date)
Photos: C-LOVER
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sold C-Lover a couple of months ago but will be there late Fri night. Mary Jo has her monthly card game with the girls so cant get away until about 3.
See everyone there.
roger

Roger Rockwell
Pensacola, Fl
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing you Roger! And Mary Jo -!
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks are arriving . It looks like our new Tomcat and very first east coast Sea Sport 26 Aleutian will be arriving Sat . They will be unloaded close to the gathering site and will be available to see . No motors yet but will be available to see [and purchase] for anybody interested .
We are getting busy !
Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: