The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Replacement cockpit light on CD-25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Replacement cockpit light on CD-25 Reply with quote

The cockpit light on my 2011 CD-25 is cracked and I would like to replace it with an LED light. It has a small bulb in it that works for now. Its amazing how many components change from year to year on our boats. I have looked at other 25's and they seem to have different lights. Anyone change to LED fixtures....if so what brand and part number? Posting a photo of what I have now....thanks Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look at http://www.lumiteclighting.com
They have a wide variety of lights, and several which look as if they are very close in size to the courtesy of the CD 25. I have a couple of spares from my C D 25 at home, but they are incandescent type.

What I have done in the 22, is put a 3 LED light just under the eyebrow of the cabin top over the door, and have it angled to shine both in the cockpit and back on the water aft of the boat, so that when you approach from the beach, or a dinghy you have some light.

If I wanted only cockpit lights, I would use "under the rails" lighting. There are even auto LED strips, which come from WalMart for a few bucks. I don't know how these would hold up (probably not well), or if there would be any interference….with radios etc. But there are marine "rail" lights also, which give indirect lighting on decks and cockpits.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: COCKPIT LED Reply with quote

Mine were Perko steaming light fixtures, put in Marinebeam bayonet led's..10W, but more bright than we like...we just hang a Streamlight LED lantern on low now...Best of luck, you'll find something that works for you...

[img]http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=CAT-O-MINE&id=20140908_20&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

John

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumitec lights are nice but pricey. I got an LED spreader light from Wally's for about $30 vs $160 from Lumitec.

I did put Lumitec LED courtesy lights around the outside of the cabin (under the edge of the roof). For the price of one of those lights I could have done the whole thing with the LED modules (maybe next time).

I got some LED light modules from somewhere online (can't remember where). They have 3 5050 LEDs each and are IP rated for protection. They were a $1 something each. These I placed under the gunwhales on both sides for indirect lighting of the cockpit. 4 of them light it up very nicely. The LED modules have self stick pads, but I glued them to some PVC stock and screwed them in place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: