View previous topic :: View next topic  
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Captain Jim's Blogspot Reply with quote

Well, the 'General Chat' forum is described as a place to share the fun.
I guess it's OK then to refer you to http://captnjim.blogspot.com/' Captain Jim is , as many of you know, Jim Bathurst, former owner of the 25 footer Wild Blue. For the past several years he has captained a whale watching boat out of Friday Harbor. Besides being a master photographer, an accomplished guitarist, published author, pilot, CG licensed captain, cat care giver, and Joan's husband, he takes time to write the entertaining and informative blogspot. It's become part of my morning internet walk, along with the C-brats, and the weather. So, I would like to 'share the fun' with my fellow C-Brats. Try it, you'll like it (and you'll learn something too).

"...we're all in the same boat..."
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Marty, you are too kind. I haven't posted much in the way of updates on our cruising thread here, since we no longer have a C-Dory. But, like you, I still check here regularly. Bill and Mike have not revoked my membership card; I still sing the praises of these fine boats.

With the "fun summer job," I get plenty of boat time... with someone else paying the fuel bills. Wink

Joan and I love the Pacific Northwest, and specifically, the San Juan Islands. And, our C-Brat friends. Since we sold Wild Blue and are no longer living on a boat during our time in the PNW, our experience is different. For the record, we are fine being "dirt dwellers" - still a wandering lifestyle, which suits us.

I started the blog years ago so our daughter could keep track of us. I used to do a travel newsletter for family, but the blog replaced that. I use a lot less printer ink, too. Cool

Best wishes,
Jim
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty, thanks for the news, and Jim thanks for the many fine highlights. If I were able to connect to I-net on any kind of a regular basis I would be all over that. I just signed in today and there were 783 post since last sign on. Confused I have been on the boat for 10 days straight and for the week before that. No phone no net and just me bouncing around from here to there. There were a few brats together after the Ladysmith CBGT but they are all gone their separate ways and now it's mostly me and my C-Dory. Glad to see the site is still going, and will be checking the Captains blog along the way.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: