The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Columbia River
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-helpful, folks. Thanks a bunch. I love exploring little nooks and crannies in Two Lucky Fish, and I've only shaved the tip off a propeller blade once in all these years. Smile

I'm trying to figure out where to park for a week in The Dalles. The Port of The Dalles discourages me from just leaving the rig in the truck-trailer lot at the launch ramp, so I've been in touch with a couple U-Store-It type places. Currenlty Columbia Stowaway is the top contender. Any other suggestions?

AstoriaDave

City/Region: Astoria
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy,

Sometimes the official response is not the "street-wise" reality. Suggest you poll this group to see if there is a Brat in The Dalles or nearby who has a spare space on their property available. Next would be to contact truckers at the truck stop about options.

Or, you can stick a For Sale sign on it and park it on the street, alerting the neighbors to what you are doing.

timflan

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's kinda what I've been thinking. One of the storage lot guys said "There's a time limit at the ramp? The locals park there as long as they want, as far as I can tell."

And yeah, I thought about truck stops or just parking it along a street with some traffic and visibility. Would love to park it in somebody's side-yard or behind a business or something. There's no Brat pushpin near The Dalles. Seriously...none of us live there?
AstoriaDave

City/Region: Astoria
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, wish I could help. Had a buddy who lived there, but he moved to Idaho a couple years ago. Somebody with an orchard operation probably would have a spot you could use. If you get away from downtown should be OK.
RogerJuntunen

City/Region: Rupert, ID
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: In Cahoots - Idaho
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Columbia River Reply with quote

Hi Tim, As others have said and I would like to emphasize- You don't want to let the wind ruin your trip. For example, Hood River has turned into a mecca for kite boarders and sail boarders for a good reason, and that being reliable wind resulting in big steep waves. I tried the 22 c-dory out on purpose in those big steep close waves. The good news is the boat did fine and the other good news is I was just playing around and didn't need to get anywhere. I'm telling you it was rough! Local knowledge can help with any issues, and as usual, boaters are a friendly lot and can tell you information that they are experts in. This will make a great trip for you guys and the Columbia R. is a special place. Enjoy! Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: