DuckDogTitus

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Miner
Photos: Hemingway
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Seiku Reply with quote

Curious if anyone could enlighten me a bit on Seiku area salmon. ideal launch area, overnight stay, etc?

Is it possible to get into good fishing relatively close to the launch, or would we have to travel quite a bit by water?

we have spent most of our time getting to know the south sound and san juans, but I'd like to give the Seiku/PA area a try. its just a 4 hour drive for me so very hard to scout in advance and I'd like to just show up with the boat instead.

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Seiku Reply with quote

DuckDogTitus wrote:
Curious if anyone could enlighten me a bit on Seiku area salmon. ideal launch area, overnight stay, etc?

Is it possible to get into good fishing relatively close to the launch, or would we have to travel quite a bit by water?

we have spent most of our time getting to know the south sound and san juans, but I'd like to give the Seiku/PA area a try. its just a 4 hour drive for me so very hard to scout in advance and I'd like to just show up with the boat instead.

I've fished both Sekiu and Neah Bay and I far prefer Neah Bay. Better docks at a more protected marina and closer to more/better fishing opportunities. Send me a PM with your phone number and I can call you to discuss in more detail this evening.

amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth driving another half hour to Neah Bay. Even when we fish Sekiu we prefer to do it from Neah Bay.
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time of year most people are heading to Neah Bay. For Coho later in the year Sekiu becomes a more happening place. I really like Sekiu a lot, but Roger is right, the docks are "primitive". The seagulls are a total PITA and I would spend some time everyday washing all the bird #$%^ off the boat, downriggers and gear.

They have a large freezer you can rent space in to put each days catch into. I bring a vacuum sealer and put the filets in, and then freeze immediately. On our last trip we fished pretty close to the marina, you basically go straight out until your in 400 - 500 feet of water and start trolling parallel to the shore. We brought home nearly 300 lbs of king and coho fillets from our last trip out there in October 2013.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: