View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brewkid

City/Region: Whidbey Is
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCALLYWAG
Photos: Scallywag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Twin Honda 50's with two bad connectors Reply with quote

I spent most of the 3rd of July trying to get Scallywag sea worthy. Motors would run great for about 5 minutes under power then die out completely. Bulbs ran empty, not flat and wouldn't build pressure. At first I thought it was the fuel filter. Trying to find a Honda filter @ 5pm on the 3rd of July was impossible, so thanks to my wallet a new, not quite improved, filter assemble was installed. Didn't fix it..... Thumbs Down ...So back home she went, an hour drive... The morning of the 4th I began tearing the whole boat apart, only to find both connections to the motors had worn out and had been sucking air and starving the motors. Lucky for me a quick trip to Ace Hardware in Freeland Washington (thanks for being open and saving my holiday!) I purchased a straight barb fitting, took out the male connector from the motors, and direct connected the fuel line to the motors! Friday Harbor bound an hour after and weekend saved! Photos soon to follow in my profile.[/img]
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Honda 50's with two bad connectors Reply with quote

Brewkid wrote:
I spent most of the 3rd of July trying to get Scallywag sea worthy. Motors would run great for about 5 minutes under power then die out completely. Bulbs ran empty, not flat and wouldn't build pressure. At first I thought it was the fuel filter. Trying to find a Honda filter @ 5pm on the 3rd of July was impossible, so thanks to my wallet a new, not quite improved, filter assemble was installed. Didn't fix it..... Thumbs Down ...So back home she went, an hour drive... The morning of the 4th I began tearing the whole boat apart, only to find both connections to the motors had worn out and had been sucking air and starving the motors. Lucky for me a quick trip to Ace Hardware in Freeland Washington (thanks for being open and saving my holiday!) I purchased a straight barb fitting, took out the male connector from the motors, and direct connected the fuel line to the motors! Friday Harbor bound an hour after and weekend saved! Photos soon to follow in my profile.[/img]

Good tip for the rest of us. I had not considered a barb fitting. I've had trouble on the 8hp Classic with a bad connector.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: