The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Yellowstone Lake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Yellowstone Lake Reply with quote

This will be a new adventure for Sue and myself. Things have come together for us to leave for Yellowstone National Park Tuesday June 23rd. Just a two day drive from Durango if all goes well. We have a slip reserved at Bridge Bay Marina and will probably be staying there on C-Swell for three to four weeks. We plan to split our time between cruising the lake on C-Swell and taking day trips in our truck in and around the Park. Neither of us have been to Yellowstone before so we are really looking forward to this trip.

If anyone else is planning on being at Yellowstone during this time keep an eye out for us. It would be great to meet up with some other C-Brats while we are there.

Everyone have a great summer.

Bill
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! Do you know the availability of slips at the marina during the season. Would love to spend some time in the area. Would do it right now if we weren't caring for an ailing 96 yr old uncle.

Please post some pictures of your adventure!

Far C'r - 2001 Cdory 22
Bluechablis - 1992 NorSea 27
Quarter Note - 1972 Cris Craft Sloop
Palantir - 1971 31 Mariner Ketch (Far Seer in Elvish)
Aphrodite - 42 Ft Schooner Jay Benford Design
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be up there on the 23rd of July if you still there. Great place to cruise and some of the best docks I've seen.

Montana Kev

City/Region: Bozeman/Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Grace
Photos: Grace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our boat is slipped at Bridge Bay #B4 from July 1st till the end of the season September 13th, we are there every weekend, Friday evening thru Sunday. If you take a look at this link there is lots of information on the marina, boating on YSL and the YSL C-Brat gathering this summer. http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=22838&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15.

There are always plenty of slips. I recommend you walk around and pick out a slip you like then ask if it's available. In 13 summers there, I have never seen the marina close to being full.

Hope to see you there.
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd,
As Kevin mentioned there are usually slips available. What the marina told me is if you have a particular one you would like you should probably go ahead and reserve it. They supposebly picked one out that will meet our needs but I am sure we could change to another one if it is available.

Jody,
The 23rd is right around when we were planning on leaving. I am sure we could stay another day or two just to say hello, if Sue is up to it. I agree the docks look nice from what I saw in your aerial photos from last summer. We are not going to get back to Powell until late September this year.

Kevin,
I spent a lot of time looking at the post you mentioned in planning this trip. The information there was very helpful. I think they picked out slip #C5 for us. We will watch for you guys around the 1st.

Bill
chucko

City/Region: Davidson
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1997
Vessel Name: Sea Angel
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Dream trip Reply with quote

we were out there a few summers ago and we thought for sure this was one of our best trips ever. We couldn't take the cd 22 due to distance and time factors, but we did fish with the park guides and ate some superb lake trout.
I can only hope that I can do it again soon, you will be in one of the best lakes in the USA no doubt Thumbs Up
Consider yourselves among the fortunate few.

1997 22 cruiser, sold may 2023
1998 17 Aquasport Osprey cc sold sold 2012
1977 16 Mako cc sold 1999
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: