The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/02 - 06/04 - Lankford Bay Marina, Eastern Shore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frogpawg

City/Region: Wallis Run; Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Soapy Joe
Photos: Soapy Joe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

I've tried twice now to upload about 10 pics and I am getting a network is busy please try again later message. Angry
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a few at a time instead of 10 and if that does not work, try one at a time.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Maineiac’s Observations on the 2006 Chesapeake Bay Gathering

Thank You for all the hard work the Committee did to put on this Gathering. We really appreciated it. We’ll never forget the good time we had here. We truly enjoyed the C-Dory Gathering on the Bay. The scale of this event is amazing. 29 boats and 62 people at the Saturday Night Crab and Music Fest: Boggles the mind! ( Yes. I know. My mind boggles easier than many!)
· The Name Tags were terrific. Meeting so many people that we only know from the C-Brat site, it really helped to see boat and C-Brat names.
· The People were terrific, too. There’s something about people who like C-Dories. We find that we always like people who like C-Dories.
· It’s HOT in Maryland in June!
· Doing the Trailer Storage/Launch Ramp/boat to Marina shuffle is a great way to get to know new people like Nick and Ken.
· Cruising the Chester River and to Kent Narrows was wonderful on calm water
· Lots and Lots of Ospreys and Herons, nice to see their comeback
· I still don’t know what type of fish they catch in those Weirs on the Chester River. But, it’s fun watching the Herons perched on the weir waiting for dinner.
· The Lankford Bay Marina folks were pleasant, and refunded me a nights fee because I had to keep moving my boat each day. It’s a pretty marina.
· The all you can eat Crabs and Clams were delicious
· The all you can eat Wieners were scrumptious. So was the wine. Thank you Wiener Queen and Wiener Knaves.
· Tom's entertainment was special. What a lot of fun.

Rick & Carol from Maine
gotjm3

City/Region: Middle River
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C's the Day
Photos: C's the Day
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Good time at Lankford Bay Reply with quote

We just wanted to say what a great time we had again at this year's C-Dory gathering. Thanks to Tom, Charlie, and the rest of the organizing committee for all the effort and a job well done!

It was a bit of a snotty run across the bay on Sat. am with Melsway in the lead (there were spots of 4-6 seas) and when we could see Melsway, Jen asked, "we're not getting tossed around like they are, are we...?" The answer of course was, no dear, the seas are far more ferocious 100 yds away." That worked for a while. Guy, capt. of Melsway and I had blast and felt our boats did just fine in the sea, and were not even close to being tested. Our mates (Mel and Jen) were not so sure. Anyway, we made the crossing from Middle River in just over 2 hours, which is averaging better than 12 knots, so not too shabby in those conditions.

Anyhow, the comraderie, the food (red and white hots and crabs and brownies!) and the music were fun. John and Liz on the Lizzie Ann got in after the Sat. festivities but still joined Jen, Mel, Guy and me on Melsway for an apertif.

The next day, a group of us... Alma's Only, Grin, the Fran Sea, The Last Dance, Lizzie Ann, Anne B, and others I may have missed went to St. Michaels for a nice lunch at the Crab Claw and then some Ice Cream. Sea Angel arrived in St. Michaels later that day after a cruise under the Bay Bridge.

Sun. night, Jen and I joined Scott and Terri (sp?) on Grin and David on Alma's Only in a quiet anchorage in Granary Creek off the Wye East just across the Miles River and a tad northeast of St. Michaels. Jen and I took a leisurely cruise home on Monday and arrived safe and sound Monday evening. An all around great weekend, and yes we ran each one of our 3 Honda motors on the trip!

Can't wait 'til next year. Hope to see many C-Dorys out ont he bay this summer!

Hailing from Middle River, MD
(A drinking town with a boating problem...)
TonieKline

State or Province: MD
Vessel Name: Luna Pearl
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Entertaining Weekend Reply with quote

We also appreciated the organization of this past weekend, an event not to be forgotten! Everyone in our group (our three children and Doug's parents included) had a great time! We found Lankford Bay Marina to be most hospitable, the shared food delicious (thanks again, Mary, for the extra salad!), the music fabulous and the company the best! The children also enjoyed other children to play with. One of the highlights for us was also sitting out at night looking at the stars, listening to the fish jump and talking with our neighbor on Soapy Joe's. It's so fun to meet people that we'll be spending a weekend a year with potentially for the next 30 years as C-Dory owners....can't wait till next year.

Tonie Kline and Doug Clemens
Luna Pearl
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm impressed. Finally got through to the album and it looked like you guys had a great gathering this year. Sure glad it's gonna be an annual event 'cause we plan to get out there one of these years.

Of course, I had to stop at "Harley" because it rhymes with "Charlie" and somehow I think they both have the same personality. Wink

Don

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is QUITE a resemblance, really!

Sneaks wrote:

Of course, I had to stop at "Harley" because it rhymes with "Charlie" and somehow I think they both have the same personality. Wink

Don

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

We just made it back to Ohio and we had a great time!

I pulled out early Sunday morning to run to baltimore to pick up Marcia, who only had a few hours of sleep before boarding her flight. So, instead of joining the group at St. Michaels, we ducked into South River and anchored in a little cove in Church Creek.

Monday morning we headed across the Bay to Oxford for lunch at Schooner's and anchored in Plaindealing Creek across the Choptank.

The next morning we ran to Cambridge and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Marina, which got us privileges at a four star resort, for very little money. Stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I want to thank Tom, Charley, Doug and Anne and Terry for all of their help. I also really enjoyed getting to know so many new people and looking at some great boats. It was also great to spend time picking Dave's (Alma's Only) brain on C-Dory projects and listening ti his experiences. The same goes for Roger and Fran on FranSea.

Best regards,

Nick
"Valkyrie"
C-Gypsy

City/Region: Oriental
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Gypsy
Photos: C-Gypsy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thought... My son & I attended the Lankford Bay gathering. We met a lot of great people and had a wonderful time. I use several pictures from the gathering as my screensaver now.

I told some people I was waiting on my Honda kicker to arrive. Guess what folks... It arrived today!

I am now planning a trip from PA to NC to pick up the boat. Since there is no reason to hurry back I plan to do some boating in the Neuse & in Pamlico Sound for the next week or so.

I also plan to add some pics to my album, if anyone is interested.

And you thought I asked a lot of questions before I got the boat? Just wait... Wink
Anne-B

City/Region: Suburban Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: ANNE-B
Photos: ANNE-B
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to read that everyone had a great time at the Gathering at Lankford Bay Marina. We thought the first one was great, but this one was even better seeing everyone again and meeting new friends.
The weekend went by so fast. Great food as usual. The Friday night pot-luck was again a success as well as the crabs and this year the addition of clams.
The shirts were really terrific. In fact we have 2 larges that were left over. Anyone interested that didn't get one? We can mail to you.
We stayed with Fran Sea and went on a trip to Oxford and back on Tuesday. It was a perfect day. Actually the Fran Sea stayed until just this past week and they are headed up to Buffalo.
I can still see our parade to St. Michaels. Everyone we passed looked again and again at the parade of 7 C-Dorys. What a picture.
The committee also wants to thank everyone for their help to make this a memorable event.
Hope to see our new friends on the Bay this summer and June 2007.

Doug & Anne

Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another short thank you to ALL who labored and attended.

This was one of my 60yr dreams, a cruise on my own cruiser, and you all made it very special; especially David of ALMA's ONLY who traveled with us to and from VA Beach in some awesome WX. Love looking for those ice cream spots, Dave.

We're starting to talk abt next year and trying to decide whether we want to get beat up again on such a heavy WX trip. The skipper says, YES; but, the crew is a little leary. Time will tell and heal.

Let's see, now which dates cover the 3 days of the first weekend???

Maybe we could move a little further south? OR I could move north?

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: terraplane tom and a summary Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks about our gathering. Our committee is very special..all very different people, with the common bond of the boat. We work well together and all have different tasks. Great group...and we hope to do a repeat next year! We will meet and let you know the exact dates, etc.

Sooner or later, we will hit a perfect June weekend...but our numbers were great and all the festivities just fine. The last trailer left my field just a few days ago...

Financially, we did well. The crabs, because it is early in the season, are the big cost item...over $475...Then we had the tent rental, and bunch of smaller costs that all add up. But we will start off with a good lump toward next year...(By the way, Charlie, if you have any costs for the tags, let me know)....

Lankford Bay was happy, as they should be. We will negotiate with them for use of the pavilion next year..this was our only area of disappointment. If we can't get it, we will move the tent to a less "dog friendly" area!!

My partner in music, Bill Matthews, loved the reception we got and wants to come back next year with the whole band. He is one of the guitar players who will join me for my tour of the Bay in October.."Cherish The Waters"...I have over 15 concerts already scheduled which will try to motiivate individuals to take local action to save the bay. It is in trouble.

I have been doing a lot of music, and a lot of work with my non profit, Mainstay. For the 4th weekend, i will be in Baltimore on Sally's Sister for two nights, then down to Tilghman to visit friends.

Keep in touch...we have a special group of people who have come together through this strange little boat...( by the way, my local friend, Jeff , is looking for a used 22 if any one has a tip)...

Best to all of you...

Terraplane
C-Gypsy

City/Region: Oriental
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Gypsy
Photos: C-Gypsy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone who remembers the "father & son team" at the rendezvous, guess what? We FINALLY brought our C-Dory home!

The delay was because there were no power tilt Honda 9.9's available and we had to wait. And wait. And wait... Get the picture? Wink

In any case the boat is now home in PA. I trailered it up from NC today. It trailers nicely but does have a tendency to sway a bit. I am thinking about moving the boat forward about 6 inches on the trailer. Any thoughts folks?

I tow with a Ford F-350 diesel so the sway was not too bothersome, but it was there.

BTW, I bought the boat from Mobile East Marine in Alliance, NC and am more than happy with this dealership. Carrie & Gene are great people, I would recommend them to anyone!

Oh, Doug & Anne, please let me know if you have any T-shirts left. I sent you a PM but perhaps I messed it up.

Al
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, glad you got 'er home. Doug and Anne said in a post about 3 before this one..."In fact we have 2 larges that were left over. Anyone interested that didn't get one? We can mail to you."

If those are your sizes, jump on it.

As for the sway, you could move it forward or try a sway brace. It's a friction device that is pretty easy to put on, available at any camping store, like "Campers World". Probably easier than moving the boat.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al,

It must be set up incorrectly, when I towed with our F150 Supercrew we had no sway and with our new Ram 2500 diesel, we can't even tell the boat is there.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: