The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/02 - 06/04 - Lankford Bay Marina, Eastern Shore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norma... I am sure glad to see this post. I answered you other "Newbie" post. Great to see you get in the mix of those folks. All of us have had our 1st days in "ruff stuff." I find it very interesting that my 1st "ruff stuff" was in the exact bay back in 1995. They sent me to a military school at Ft. Monroe for 3 weeks and I kept my boat in "somebodies" dry shelf for the entire time, other than having it put in just about every day for some fun. Sunset Marina maybe?? I was there on the heals of a hurricane, in a boat I had never "slid down a wave in."...until about day two. I also learned what the "commercial channels" were for...and why folks have radar (I did not but you could almost set your coffee ( Mr. Green Beer ) on the fog it was so thick. My goal was to get out to the light houses, all three generations of them on Cape Henry. (1st "santioned" light house by U.S. Congress???) My mother is nuts about light houses and to get a picture from my own boat in the blue water with all 3 in the same frame was awesome. ANd it was also the 1st time I had dolphins jumping about my boat in all directions. My boat was an 1802 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around Cuddy Cabin. It was a great boat for me and never gave me one minutes problem.. The 22 C-Dory would have made that trip much....much more enjoyable due to the totally differant hull designs.. The C-Dory would have had a grin from ear to ear. Can't wait to hear reports back from the gathering and I sure wish I had been able to get C-Byrd up there. You for sure met a great bunch of folks...and many of them will walk you thru many and any situation. The owners of these boats sure make them special.

Byrdman
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... the crabs and red wine must be great even if the weather is kicking a little bit... I have traveled with some of these laptop carrying wireless C-Dory owners.... and no official reports yet.... Cry Cry

I guess the good news is that I have not seen any of them on Fox News or the Communist News Network(CNN) Mr. Green

Yall do tell.
C-Gypsy

City/Region: Oriental
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Gypsy
Photos: C-Gypsy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is a brief report from a C-Dory owner with a wireless laptop...

My son & I drove down to Lankford Bay this afternoon as it was not possible to bring our boat.

We are now sitting on the back deck of the bed & breakfast where we have a room for the night. The sky is red & it is a beautiful evening.

As for the rendezvous at Lankford Bay it was awesome! Actually it still is awesome as Mike & I were the first to leave. Long day, long drive.

The crabs & red wine were excellent, as were the steamed clams.

The best part was meeting fellow C-Brats.

May I be the first to offer a THANK YOU to everyone who must have worked so hard to make this happen!

Al
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, great!! Was there any pickin' and singing? Looking forward to the stories and pictures. The new album is here.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st picture posted....kinda... Cry Cry I had to miss this gathering due to C-Byrd being on the hard getting retro-work

Byrdman
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick - that's the funniest damn thing I have seen in a long time!! Sorry, but folks shouldn't have to click to see it so here it is. Thank you so much for being the definitive C-Brat!

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, with such a mournful expression as that, I have to imagine that you are able to get any of your wishes fulfilled while at home! Rolling Eyes
C-Brat #16
nscogin

City/Region: Washington DC/Wareham
State or Province: MA
Vessel Name: Dawn Treader
Photos: Dawn Treader
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the cruise started inauspiciously for us when we arrived at the boat to find it ankle deep in water due to a bilge pump that failed to kick on in the heavy rains of the two nights before. It delayed our start but we did take the Dawn Treader across the bay yesterday afternoon. As you can see by the fact that I'm posting this, we survived, although we ended up pulling into Rock Hall harbor instead of going the long way around to Lankford Bay. Had to pay double for slips that night, but the trolley ride to the gathering was much easier than the last part of the trip would have been by water and with the 8 year old complaining of being seasick and waves somewhat higher than the 2-3 feet predicted (I say 4, Sherry says 4-6), a bit easier on the nerves.

The company was great, the music was fantastic, the hot dog and two glasses of red wine just right! And Keelin was thrilled to have kids to run around with. Even Little Bit enjoyed it as much as a nervous beagle can enjoy a party because she got all the hot dogs she could eat! I'd post photos but I have none because I left my camera on the boat when we took the trolley to Lankford Bay and it was too long a ride to go back and get it. I look forward to seeing pics from others who were there.

The only really bad part of our decision to resort to Plan B was that there is a new restaurant and bar on Rock Hall harbor and there was a live rock band playing 3 progressively louder sets starting at about 10:30 last night. Didn't get enough sleep before the sun came up. I'm sure Lankford Bay Marina was a much more peaceful place last night and I'm sorry we weren't there.

We headed back across the bay at about 9 this morning to beat the wind and waves predicted for this afternoon. The water was not exactly calm even that early, but it was a great ride and we made it in safely, our last outing before having the boat hauled to our vacation place in MA next week.

A huge thanks to Tom, Charlie and all the others who organized and ran this event. It was truly memorable for Sherry, Keelin and me. I'll wear my t-shirt with pride!

Norma
cpt vic

City/Region: northeast river/chesapeake
State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: C~Pearl
Photos: C~Pearl
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: gathering Reply with quote

well, it was our 1st time with the group but had a really nice time.we had some time to ourselves as well went into rock hall( i do think though a lot of businesses seemed to be closed?? oh no!!) so it seems that dory owners are just plain "rightfolks" and how cool was it to see all those dorys docked around??? yeah.

Cpt.Vic & The Skipper
Steven Dore

City/Region: Ocean Marine - Portsmouth, VA
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Orca
Photos: Orca
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: The run back down the bay Reply with quote

Boats started pulling out of Lankford at 6:30 this morning. I left at 7:15 and made it as far south as the York River when Neptune got very agitated and turned the sea into a fury. About that time the Mayday calls started to roll in and the Coast Guard had their hands full. I was still proceeding south at 9 knots with the sea on the port quarter when an urgent weather notice came on 16, telling mariners to seek safe harbor. I did so reluctantly since I was only 25 miles from home. I followed a deadrise running with the sea to his back into the Poquoson River at 20 knots and he pulled into a waterman's marina. They gave me a slip for $25 and directed me to a tiny seafood restaurant next door. Best crabcakes I have had in a long time for only $13.95. Hey maybe this was a good thing after all.

The thunderstorm is directly overhead now so I can imagine that I am still at Lankford Bay.

I hope to make it home on Monday.

Great rendevous. I hope to see everyone next year.

Steve on board Orca
nscogin

City/Region: Washington DC/Wareham
State or Province: MA
Vessel Name: Dawn Treader
Photos: Dawn Treader
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you got caught in the weather, Steve. I didn't realize it was that bad to the south. Glad you found a safe place to stop. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Norma
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made it back to the Northern Neck of VA, down where the Potomac hits the bay with Captain's Choice on the trailer about 4PM. Left Long Cove Ramp at 11, an easier trip than the one up on Friday! No problems on the Bay Bridge either way however. Had some of those thunderstorms last evening around 6PM or so, must have been some of the same ones that drove Steve into the York River! Been there, done that!

Shirts will be on the way to Byrdman and Pat Anderson this morning when I go by the Post Office!

I think the final count was 30 actual boats, lots of other owners though that didn't bring their boats, not sure if that counts or not...Pat??. May have been one more on Sunday, can anyone tell me if Fred and Deb on No Name Tomcat came around noon or so? They were going to.

The nametags seemed to be a big hit, if any one wants the templates I used, I'll post one of the pages in the document section, we just used a box of Avery labels, very easy if not a little time consuming.

A big thanks to Terraplane Tom, who had lots of other stuff going on his life too, glad he made time for us and did all the great arrangements. I know John (Bluecrab) and others helped too, the pictures should be great. Tyboo, if you haven't already set up an album, please do so. When folks post pictures, if it isn't self explanatory who/what it is, please label it if you know....We should have a bunch.

We missed all those that didn't make it, had at least 4 cancellations at the last minute which would have pushed us over the top but, oh well, there's always 2007!

Our best to all of you, thanks for the memories...

Charlie and Sally

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TYBOO IS ALL OVER THE ALBUM:

SEE HIS POST ON SATURDAY, 3JUN06, ....AND THAT LITTLE BLUE LINE FOR A LINK TO THE ALBUMN IS THERE...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME MORE PICS..

BYRDMAN....GOING
TO WORK ON THE HONEY-DO LIST.
Frogpawg

City/Region: Wallis Run; Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: Soapy Joe
Photos: Soapy Joe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The run back down the bay Reply with quote

Steve,
Sounds like you had a fun ride back! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, when I awoke about 7:50 am and took the shades off, you and snapshot were already gone. It was a pleasure to meet you as well as all the attendee's. My wife and I will make it an annual trek for sure. I was especially grateful for our little group out at the end of the dock being us, yourself, snapshot and Luna Pearl we were so close with our boats that we really got to know each other pretty well. I also enjoyed meeting all others, being to many to name. Keep in touch and hope we can be "dockmates" again in the future it was a pleasure.

Joe & Tina Reighard
Soapy Joe 22' cruiser
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK FOLKS... IT IS MONDAY NIGHT ALREADY... LOOKING AT SOME OF THE POST YOU WERE ALL PRETTY TIRED AND HAD SOME CLEANING TO DO.... BUT WHERE ARE SOME PICS???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: